Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is this the previous Hello Kitty store location? Memory is failing me. Either way a lot to talk about here with how drastic the signage is. I like the properties they chose to showcase but I’m not sure it fits the Hollywood look.

That's... unbelievably awful. It absolutely obliterates the theming in one of my favorite parts of the park. It's like there are two Universal teams right now, the ones doing the Minion Cafe and the ones doing this. Think of how garish this is compared to the relatively subdued signage for Bourne, T2, or the makeup show, none of which interferes with the theming in the same way. It's so... desperate.

Universal has really succeeded in making the entry area of the Studios more garish and cheap-looking in the last year or so, which is kind of hard to believe.

Maybe it's temporary?

That's... unbelievably awful. It absolutely obliterates the theming in one of my favorite parts of the park. It's like there are two Universal teams right now, the ones doing the Minion Cafe and the ones doing this. Think of how garish this is compared to the relatively subdued signage for Bourne, T2, or the makeup show, none of which interferes with the theming in the same way. It's so... desperate.

Universal has really succeeded in making the entry area of the Studios more garish and cheap-looking in the last year or so, which is kind of hard to believe.

Maybe it's temporary?
It reeks CityWalk

The escape rooms seem destined for replacement sooner rather then later.

Of course, that assumes that Universal needs a UNIVRS store or that a UNIVRS store MUST have that garish signage, neither of which is true at all. A UNIVRS store in the Studios with even moderately thematically appropriate signage? No problem.

I think I need to see a pic of the signs in context of everything else. I know what it’s around, but I’m curious about the clash.

Reactions: tankart150
I mean they attempted a Woody Woodpecker revival but ended up just making it a Brazilian film.
Woody is fun but over obnoxious. That doesn’t play as well anymore. Felix is more like an OG Mickey Mouse with a dark innocence to him that works well today. He’s more cynical than annoying, and nowhere close to one-note like a lot of Tex Avery-style characters.

God… I’ve got a dozen reboot ideas for the character is just a few minutes of brainstorming.

Woody is fun but over obnoxious. That doesn’t play as well anymore. Felix is more like an OG Mickey Mouse with a dark innocence to him that works well today. He’s more cynical than annoying, and nowhere close to one-note like a lot of Tex Avery-style characters.

God… I’ve got a dozen reboot ideas for the character is just a few minutes of brainstorming.
Your excitement has me going on a deep dive now. I’ve never watched anything with him before.

Is this the previous Hello Kitty store location? Memory is failing me. Either way a lot to talk about here with how drastic the signage is. I like the properties they chose to showcase but I’m not sure it fits the Hollywood look.

I mean... this is objectively hideous. Why would they do this to the entrance of the Hollywood section of all places? :confused: