HHN 2022: Horrors of Blumhouse | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2022: Horrors of Blumhouse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
you say that, buuuut
Blumhouse 3 commercial:
-Person with a hook appearing in a parking garage
-Antagonist appears in the elevator
Meanwhile in Candyman...
-Candyman appears to Helen physically for the first time in parking garage (1992)
-Candyman appears in the mirrored ceiling of the elevator (2021)
Obviously this could be a total coincidence, since both of those setups are kinda tropes on their own, but given the fact that Candyman was rumored for such a long time, and was rumored to have been replaced by Blumhouse at some point down the line, it doesn't feel unreasonable that they could have just kept the skeleton of the announcement video and changed the rest.

Either way, not super excited about this, but I also haven't seen either movie it features, so maybe when I eventually get around to them it'll change my mind.

LOL... No. This is how rumors get turned into truths. You don't have to like that Blumhouse is coming, but let's not start creating a false narrative to explain it.

Have you seen Freaky? One of the main weapons of choice is a hook. It also features nods to a ton of horror films.

And last time I checked - Candyman doesn't wear a stylish reddish-brown jacket like the Butcher from Freaky is wearing...

C'mon now. I'm telling you, Candyman was never happening. I don't know why it was on the Spec map for so long but Blumhouse was always happening.

LOL... No. This is how rumors get turned into truths. You don't have to like that Blumhouse is coming, but let's not start creating a false narrative to explain it.

Have you seen Freaky? One of the main weapons of choice is a hook. It also features nods to a ton of horror films.

And last time I checked - Candyman doesn't wear a stylish reddish-brown jacket like the Butcher from Freaky is wearing...

C'mon now. I'm telling you, Candyman was never happening. I don't know why it was on the Spec map for so long but Blumhouse was always happening.
I'm not claiming they like, filmed it and digitally altered it or something, I just think it's an interesting parallel given the rumors.

I'm not claiming they like, filmed it and digitally altered it or something, I just think it's an interesting parallel given the rumors.

it’s merely coincidental. I know Blumhouse “replaced” Candyman on spec maps but that’s not necessarily how it works when they’re planning the event. I’m just making sure the storyline of “They lost Candyman and Blumhouse replaced it” doesn’t start because it isn’t true.

Note that this continues WaterWorld's tradition of being the repeat venue, given that this is the 3rd time Horrors of Blumhouse has appeared at the event.. yes, it's an all-new house with new IPs, but the branding remains the same..

I wouldn't say its a repeat at all though since the IPs are completely new and very recent movies. I'm actually glad they're giving new movies a go vs just classics. What else would you call the blumhouse mash up house? I wouldn't say Universal Monsters: *insert title here* is a repeat, it's just the brand imo.

it’s merely coincidental. I know Blumhouse “replaced” Candyman on spec maps but that’s not necessarily how it works when they’re planning the event. I’m just making sure the storyline of “They lost Candyman and Blumhouse replaced it” doesn’t start because it isn’t true.

And There It Is GIFs | Tenor

I think I would’ve been okay with Black Phone being a standalone maze rather than another HOB, but I guess this Id take over another repeated maze.

Also, why isn’t this called HOB Vol. 3? Thought that was pretty strange.

For some reason I'm disappointed this maze is in this venue, it's always the more middle ground mazes (not like I had high expectations anyway), but it does get very short wait times at some point of the night -- so that's a plus.

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
It'll definitely be interesting to see how both coasts will respectively do the films, I know people will give the house flack since they might overuse black walls in a way for Black Phone but I could see them giving the scenes for the section a little more due with details.

Blumhouse shirt.jpg

While we got the tshirt over at Citywalk's Production Central store, we still haven't gotten the ornament like Orlando received.

They owe us the ornament for our HHN tree :lol:
Also we REALLY should have a designated merch thread since the current trend is a merch drop with each announcement

Yeah, I don't know who's idea it was to feature it but it literally takes place in one room. Good movie, does not rranslate well as a half house

If they're clever, they'll have some fun with the Super 8 film aesthetic. That can give you a few extra environments in addition to the Grabber's basement and ground floor quarters.