HHN 2024: News & Info | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wouldn't say we're in budget decrease territory yet, but we're certainly in budget staying the same territory.
To be fair, I'd assume the budget for this year was pretty close to last year. That and most massive budget cuts we've seen like 2017 are speculated to be over-spending related rather than attendance related, so it would be a bit unprecedented unless they're taking a serious profit hit. I'd be curious to see what the actual margins are like since I've never really thought about it before.

Reactions: Clive
While for sure this year is not as busy...I see e line for food and drink. They are doing fine, I hope the budget isn't too cut because we for sure need another scarezone somewhere in the park

To be fair, I'd assume the budget for this year was pretty close to last year. That and most massive budget cuts we've seen like 2017 are speculated to be over-spending related rather than attendance related, so it would be a bit unprecedented unless they're taking a serious profit hit. I'd be curious to see what the actual margins are like since I've never really thought about it before.

As I recall, 2017's obvious deficiencies were in large part due to massive overspending in 2016. The event saw a considerable budget increase over the previous year as recently as 2022, though I can't speak for this or last year.

While there haven't been any sellouts, last Friday the 20th felt plenty crowded. Bars were full, everything but Monsters had a healthy line, and there wasn't room to move on the Lower Lot.

Reactions: chris.g and Jake S
It's a double-edged sword. Use IPs to bring people in. But if IPs run out, how do you get people back? Guess they should've spent that time innovating with their originals instead of revisiting the same (albeit, highly effective) well.

I probably have just tuned it out but this is really fucked if this happens a lot.
He just wanted to record himself and a few scares but instead had a whole ass TM follow him through the whole maze telling him to "keep moving" and it seems many are sharing that sentiment, more than in previous years.
I guess the fear of Vloggers is strong this year than previous of something

I probably have just tuned it out but this is really fucked if this happens a lot.
He just wanted to record himself and a few scares but instead had a whole ass TM follow him through the whole maze telling him to "keep moving" and it seems many are sharing that sentiment, more than in previous years.
I guess the fear of Vloggers is strong this year than previous of something

I've gone 6ish times to HHN and I film every time I go and have not had this happened yet

I also do move, I do my best to never hold up the line. I've been going to HHN for over 10 years, its a congo line, always has been and always will be until they sell less tickets.

Fright fest has like 1/5 the guests HHN does, so they can have groups go into houses many times but HHN? It would be almost impossible without doubling lines.

I will say only going to Fright Fest once and HHN, Fright fest actors are just different. HHN do a great job but Six Flags many of the characters talk to YOU, so in a way fright fest can be scarier if you don't want to get singled out.

I've gone 6ish times to HHN and I film every time I go and have not had this happened yet

I also do move, I do my best to never hold up the line. I've been going to HHN for over 10 years, its a congo line, always has been and always will be until they sell less tickets.

Fright fest has like 1/5 the guests HHN does, so they can have groups go into houses many times but HHN? It would be almost impossible without doubling lines.

I will say only going to Fright Fest once and HHN, Fright fest actors are just different. HHN do a great job but Six Flags many of the characters talk to YOU, so in a way fright fest can be scarier if you don't want to get singled out.
Are the mazes in Hollywood really that much smaller that they need to get you out quicker? I don’t remember last year the maze TMs constantly waving you through. It was just very excessive in each room they are waving their glow wands to tell you to keep moving, even for some that were literally a walk on with no queue when you get out. My friend films and luckily it wasn’t anyone following us but it’s definitely annoying and I appreciate it so we can get in faster but when there isn’t a line…

Are the mazes in Hollywood really that much smaller that they need to get you out quicker? I don’t remember last year the maze TMs constantly waving you through. It was just very excessive in each room they are waving their glow wands to tell you to keep moving, even for some that were literally a walk on with no queue when you get out. My friend films and luckily it wasn’t anyone following us but it’s definitely annoying and I appreciate it so we can get in faster but when there isn’t a line…
I can't speak on capacity/size reasons why

I just know with the rare occasions your in a Conga line most the night. Not just this year but in years before

Terror Tram before 8:30 PM most nights in the exception where if you go in front of the group you can get some nice clean shots of things happening but most houses they need to keep people moving or the wait times are affected

Dead Exposure, Blood lines, Quiet Place, Ghost Busters the weekend all had at some point even if its the TM at the front of the house telling people to move

The weekend was pretty funny there is a TM at the exit of the first room with the blinding light and was telling people to move...but like no one was moving. So they can say it all they want but if there is a back up somewhere we can't move and have to wait for who ever is moving slow or freaking out at an actor

Fright Fest is so dead, I've been asked before do I want to go by myself...and I get the whole house to my self...its great but USH can't do that...they just have too many guests and assume most nights knotts is the same.

I've encountered the "keep moving" issue even when there is NO other guests infront of or behind me. I just look at them like they're crazy. As someone who has worked staff TWICE, I only told guests to "keep moving" when it was necessary, BUT as someone who has been on the "guest side" for years, I knew when it was necessary. As others have said, sometimes guests CAN'T keep moving due to a back-up of some kind.

Hell, even Terror Tram this year, I STILL encounter the keep moving. There have been times where it'd be nearly dead so naturally I'm not going to "rush" through. When it is a full tram dump, I'll linger a bit to let the masses go first because it's less enjoyable & the flow of guests gets clogged up easily. Terror Tram has always had an issue with their ops people. Especially when it's dead & you pause for 2sec to grab a photo of something or someone, they act like it's the end of the world despite no other guests being present.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
Will say that was an issue opening weekend as well. My partner and I walked through an empty house and were told to keep moving, but didn’t think it was much of a problem. Don’t mean to be a Karen but I wish this was something I complained about.

Reactions: Wesker69
Even with the 1000+ guests that pass through, its still possible to recognize the one or two nerds doing it again & again (Me. I'm that nerd). So just let them enjoy instead of "keep moving"

I love when they ask where I've been though & I'm like, "had to wait for your line to die!"