HHN 26: The Walking Dead | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: The Walking Dead

mbrou24

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
I'm clearly in the vast minority, but I don't mind this. Granted I have only experienced last years house. But I viewed it as less of a "house" and more of an entertainment piece. A chance to see reenactments of the last season. My wife actually found it entertaining because she enjoys the show. Given the money it makes the event as a whole. I don't mind having a house. I am however surprised it wasn't a Fear The Walking dead house this year.

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
...In an interesting turn, the website has been updated; with NO mentioning of TWD on the front section on the site. Its only mentioned in the Announcements section..

Reactions: Cole

graspthesun

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2013
New Orleans
...In an interesting turn, the website has been updated; with NO mentioning of TWD on the front section on the site. Its only mentioned in the Announcements section..
There seem to be a lot of broken or misdirected links, so I get the feeling that it's an oversight.

Milla4Prez66

Jul 3, 2013
At this point, I think I'd rather just have the year round TWD haunt that Hollywood is getting than constantly getting this at HHN. I feel like the IP would work better with a bigger budget, more permanent location and some AA walkers. It would be a draw to people and be unique in the parks during the day and be something for the "OMG SCREENZ" people. Plus I'm tired of having a HHN location wasted every year for this.

Lucky Planet

Veteran Member
Sep 23, 2013

so a brand new rehash of things we have already seen in the past 4 years :lol: :horse:
I wish they made it a ride, not a full year haunt but a 3D ride. or have it replace the horror make up show..... make a Terminator style ride....
Jesus Christ :lol: when will it end???

sjago13

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Kissimmee
I just thought of this. Everyone was expecting Walking Dead to be in the MiB tent but it ended up in a sound stage and is based on all the seasons. What if they keep the house open after HHN is done as a day attraction to help with capacity? It would work as a tamp attraction to keep around for the next year or two. Just a thought but it wouldn't surprise me to see this happen.

Shucker

Rookie
Dec 5, 2012
I just thought of this. Everyone was expecting Walking Dead to be in the MiB tent but it ended up in a sound stage and is based on all the seasons. What if they keep the house open after HHN is done as a day attraction to help with capacity? It would work as a tamp attraction to keep around for the next year or two. Just a thought but it wouldn't surprise me to see this happen.
I would love to see that. We get down to Univ 2-4 times a year (hhn always being one visit) and would love one haunt to stay open year round.

WelcomeHome

Newcomer
Jul 22, 2016
It's not my top house, but I'm looking forward to it. I didn't get to see TWD in 22 or 24 in Orlando, so I like being able to walk through those scenes from the show, which I'm a fan of.

That being said, my first HHN (23) was the year TWD took over the streets. Not knowing much about the event, I thought that it was pretty standard to have it be IP-centric, with the originals just as filler. (Now being a little more caught up on history, I know that's not the case.) With this year's original houses looking so awesome, I can see how my enjoyment of seeing scenes from a TV show could be overtaken by wanting to walk through really cool, unique concepts.