Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 26: The Walking Dead

BRILLIANT!

Q1bEAj.gif

I'm clearly in the vast minority, but I don't mind this. Granted I have only experienced last years house. But I viewed it as less of a "house" and more of an entertainment piece. A chance to see reenactments of the last season. My wife actually found it entertaining because she enjoys the show. Given the money it makes the event as a whole. I don't mind having a house. I am however surprised it wasn't a Fear The Walking dead house this year.

...In an interesting turn, the website has been updated; with NO mentioning of TWD on the front section on the site. Its only mentioned in the Announcements section..

...In an interesting turn, the website has been updated; with NO mentioning of TWD on the front section on the site. Its only mentioned in the Announcements section..

There seem to be a lot of broken or misdirected links, so I get the feeling that it's an oversight.

At this point, I think I'd rather just have the year round TWD haunt that Hollywood is getting than constantly getting this at HHN. I feel like the IP would work better with a bigger budget, more permanent location and some AA walkers. It would be a draw to people and be unique in the parks during the day and be something for the "OMG SCREENZ" people. Plus I'm tired of having a HHN location wasted every year for this.

giphy.gif

so a brand new rehash of things we have already seen in the past 4 years :lol: :horse:
I wish they made it a ride, not a full year haunt but a 3D ride. or have it replace the horror make up show..... make a Terminator style ride....
Jesus Christ :lol: when will it end???

I just thought of this. Everyone was expecting Walking Dead to be in the MiB tent but it ended up in a sound stage and is based on all the seasons. What if they keep the house open after HHN is done as a day attraction to help with capacity? It would work as a tamp attraction to keep around for the next year or two. Just a thought but it wouldn't surprise me to see this happen.

I just thought of this. Everyone was expecting Walking Dead to be in the MiB tent but it ended up in a sound stage and is based on all the seasons. What if they keep the house open after HHN is done as a day attraction to help with capacity? It would work as a tamp attraction to keep around for the next year or two. Just a thought but it wouldn't surprise me to see this happen.

I would love to see that. We get down to Univ 2-4 times a year (hhn always being one visit) and would love one haunt to stay open year round.

It's not my top house, but I'm looking forward to it. I didn't get to see TWD in 22 or 24 in Orlando, so I like being able to walk through those scenes from the show, which I'm a fan of.

That being said, my first HHN (23) was the year TWD took over the streets. Not knowing much about the event, I thought that it was pretty standard to have it be IP-centric, with the originals just as filler. (Now being a little more caught up on history, I know that's not the case.) With this year's original houses looking so awesome, I can see how my enjoyment of seeing scenes from a TV show could be overtaken by wanting to walk through really cool, unique concepts.