HHN 31: Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I would expect it to be very similar to Forsaken, only with a location change & snow/ice.

Wouldn't even put it past them to bring back the problematic light-up eye masks for a few scareactors in a new way.

Why wouldn't they use the costumes from Dead Man's Wharf?

While I know a lot of the ghost story had a lot to do with the Wharf theme and was essentially re-posted, I can see a lot of the particulars from this story fitting into the actual house…

While I imagine Sophia’s story seems to take place a while before the lake freezes, I wonder if this sequel zone also hinges on music waking these creatures up. Maybe we get a crone version of Sophia in the beginning giving us “the curse, it’s real, get out of here” vibes, and maybe she’s possessed into playing her violin…

…or perhaps there’s another musical reason the fisherman wake up. Creepy music box in the first scene? Maybe a player piano, or even a radio or record player? Perhaps some “new” technology mimics the Moonlight Sonata and the ship has literally crashed into the new musical contraption.

I like the idea that the lead fisher (“old man”) is able to change back and forth in the way that Barbossa changes back and forth from skeleton to fleshy. I hope they use a pepper’s ghost for the first fisherman to signal the arrival of the drowned sailors.

Reactions: Midnight Detective
I like the idea that the lead fisher (“old man”) is able to change back and forth in the way that Barbossa changes back and forth from skeleton to fleshy. I hope they use a pepper’s ghost for the first fisherman to signal the arrival of the drowned sailors. [/SPOILER]

Have they used a Pepper's Ghost in a house before?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Ghost Sophia’s “violin playing” near the end feel a little… fake? Between this and the Coven, there needs to be an instrument prop coach this year, especially if these two characters are going to be central.

Also, this house is gorgeous.

Truly amazing set design and layout.

The intro scene is awesome, felt like a dark ride attraction (in a good way).

The most quiet house I think I've ever experienced due to NO ONE SCREAMING due to very telegraphed scares.

4/5 - Looks great, not scary
what do you mean by telegraphed scares?