HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Hollywood haunt experience is completely different & is a promotional thing for the movie itself to generate more hype. Even ScareLA had an "IT" VR experience. It has nothing to do with rights.

MAYBE if "The Shining" is as successful, popular, & extremely well received... MAYBE... Murdy (or whoever is in charge next year)... We can see "IT" next year..

One of the main reasons why it would be smarter to wait until next year to do "IT" is because the sequel comes out next year. This movie will be them as kids (first half of the book), the sequel will be them as adults (second half of the book). It will also feature A LOT more material to work with
Giant spider clown demon creature!

Also NLC is the one making the movie & its sequel... And remember, we have NLC's terrifying trio this year. So if all goes well, Universal could work with NLC to have "IT" next year. As far as Stephen King goes, he relinquished the rights long ago, so while he is helping in some capacity with the new film, he wouldn't necessarily be able to say "NO" in regards to HHN.

Reactions: peasoupprincess
Interesting.

Well I already have a spot booked for the "IT Experience" in Hollywood so I'm pretty excited for it! The best part about the whole thing is that it's free! haha

As far as I know, it will be a maze/ house ala an HHN one.
Correct. I was totally all for doing it, but EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. was already booked completely. So I'm cranky I didnt see it right away so I could try to pounce on one of the reservation times.

Its going to be legit & even include props & whatnot from the movie apparantly.

And 2 of the Scare Zones themes (Devil = Urban Inferno, Witch + Wolf = Hell-O-Ween) were leaked.

:wave:

Are there any blumhouse movies that involve an underground or cave scene?
They're leaving part of the stone work exposed on the left side of the maze. Theres a room with wood paneling then untouched rock work.

It could mean nothing but just a thought.

They're leaving part of the stone work exposed on the left side of the maze. Theres a room with wood paneling then untouched rock work.

The Purge Anarchy: Had a underground part in a Train Station.

Ouija: There is a Basement that is in the first film and second.

Split: Whole movie takes place underground.

There's definitely a need for rockwork in Insidious 4.

Misread, thought this was re: Jurassic Park queue. My thought would be Ouija Origin of Evil or a spot in Split.

Reactions: HHNManics
So Murdy said on twitter that he thinks we should get another maze announcement NEXT WEEK! :censored:

3 more mazes to announce... and 35 days until the event begins (less when you factor in employee preview). Lets not forget we're still waiting on the commercial & (official) event map.

In regards to the metro sets backlot:
"Yes there will be screens on the backlot. Getting my friends at CryptTV to let us show some of their short horror films"

im gonna have a game for the thread, try and make a icon for this year, and try to connect all of the houses with the icon

You know what makes me the more angry? That people are freaking out over things that are either A.) Leaked, or B.) practically confirmed at this point.

I'm sorry if I offend people, but the Halloween Horror Nights community this year has gone haggard, and that people can't be patient to wait. Now, that isn't the case for everyone; but that Patience is one of the most important things in the world, and that for an event like Halloween Horror Nights, sometimes you can't get everything right.

Now am I saying the wrong thing? Perhaps, but that I am getting more and more peeved over the fact that people can't simply wait in the community, especially those who go into the marketing mindset that things should act a certain way when in reality, it doesn't always go to that.

Just some statements, and that it is my own; so I'm expecting criticism and hate over this. But that Halloween Horror Night's community has gone abysmal to me, and that while I love chatting here every once and a while; things like the lack of patience will kill me.

You know what makes me the more angry? That people are freaking out over things that are either A.) Leaked, or B.) practically confirmed at this point.

I'm sorry if I offend people, but the Halloween Horror Nights community this year has gone haggard, and that people can't be patient to wait. Now, that isn't the case for everyone; but that Patience is one of the most important things in the world, and that for an event like Halloween Horror Nights, sometimes you can't get everything right.

Now am I saying the wrong thing? Perhaps, but that I am getting more and more peeved over the fact that people can't simply wait in the community, especially those who go into the marketing mindset that things should act a certain way when in reality, it doesn't always go to that.

Just some statements, and that it is my own; so I'm expecting criticism and hate over this. But that Halloween Horror Night's community has gone abysmal to me, and that while I love chatting here every once and a while; things like the lack of patience will kill me.
I totally feel you, I like knowing what's going to come but nothing is as satisfying as a surprise that nobody expects. I have a feeling after this years leak issue Murdy will either keep all the properties heavily under wraps or completely avoid giving any hints.