HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Murdy has hinted that this year's Mummy venue will not be a 3D maze... hmmm.. and he says that this years highest rated maze will probably be in the JP overflow queue (as where arguably most of the best mazes usually go). 

Murdy has confirmed that HHN 2016 will be all IP based.. again.. *sighs* And to think, he was doing so well with slowly introducing original content via one original maze a year..
The last "Orginal" maze was almost since 2014 with Klowns.As much as i'd love to have a original house in HHNH, it just doesn't seem fesible in the current operation. That said, I wouldn't disclose the possibility of using a IP in original contexts, kind-of like how they did AVP actually (even with the setting based on Requiem, it took itself loosely from that).

A little note, John alluded that there'll be no repeat houses this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some tidbits from the HHN Hollywood Q&A on Twitter last night:

1. All IPs this year

2. No direct repeats or "back by popular demand" mazes this year

3. No comedy mazes ala This Is The End this year

4. AWIL was supposed to be in 2012

5. They did save lots of UCM props and set pieces before House of Horrors got destroyed

6. Jurassic Park queue maze has already been designed and teased as an absolutely "killer" maze

7. Mummy queue will be used again for a maze

8. Deals are still being made for the line-up

9. There is one maze that Murdy is "absolutely afraid to design"

Reactions: William

Some tidbits from the HHN Hollywood Q&A on Twitter last night:

1. All IPs this year

2. No direct repeats or "back by popular demand" mazes this year

3. No comedy mazes ala This Is The End this year

4. AWIL was supposed to be in 2012

5. They did save lots of UCM props and set pieces before House of Horrors got destroyed

6. Jurassic Park queue maze has already been designed and teased as an absolutely "killer" maze

7. Mummy queue will be used again for a maze

8. Deals are still being made for the line-up

9. There is one maze that Murdy is "absolutely afraid to design"
1. Meh. Really wish they would do at least one that isn't 3D.2. GOOD.

3. Also GOOD.

4. Knew that for a while.

5. Hmmm...I could see a Classic Monsters house as a possibility. I figured they would save those props.

6. I'm calling it now, it's the Conjuring. Murdy loves to have mazes set in a haunted house in that venue.

7. Interesting.

8. Okay.

9. I'm not buying the hype for this. Remember when Murdy said he ws "afraid to design" Black Sabbath? Yeah....

Someone also talked about the old code name nicasio. I've heard that was supposed to be FvJ, so I think we will find out what it really was this year
The Codename nicasio Has to do with a town which has filming locations A horror movie filmed there was john carpenters village of the dammed which Is kind of similar to the movie children of the corn or trick or treat dont you think

Someone also talked about the old code name nicasio. I've heard that was supposed to be FvJ, so I think we will find out what it really was this year
The Codename nicasio Has to do with a town which has filming locations A horror movie filmed there was john carpenters village of the dammed which Is kind of similar to the movie children of the corn or trick or treat dont you think
...pardon my language Where the hell has this codename came up?

The only real codename to my advantage for now, is Wisconsin; for now that is.

Yeah Nicasio was a code name from 2011 I think, that was scrapped and eventually became Alice Cooper. I heard it was supposed to be FvJ, so since I'm sure it's coming this year, I think that old code name will be revealed like the Werewolf from 2012

The next codename has been unveiled; being "Doris Day".

As of now, the only thing said about it; is that its based on a film, album or song title from "Doris Day", but John isn't giving word on what the name is.

Doris Day sung plenty of seasonal songs like Here Comes Santa Claus, Winter Wonderland, and The Christmas Waltz - Krampus?

just a wild guess

Someone on Twitter made a good point about her music and movies consisting of Nightmares/ Dreams and the frequency of them taking place at night... Freddy? Hah.. 

Reactions: Aaron
Sorry for the double post, had a wild rumor come my way that Murdy finally locked in The Exorcist this year one way or another... but there were a lot of things to work around in order for it to happen. Don't hold me on this one, but if true then wow, sounds great! 

Sorry for the double post, had a wild rumor come my way that Murdy finally locked in The Exorcist this year one way or another... but there were a lot of things to work around in order for it to happen. Don't hold me on this one, but if true then wow, sounds great! 

Yesss!!!! :D Exorcist!! I wonder what was the hold-up, how'd he get the rights and will this be shared with HHN Orlando?

Don't get me wrong, I think The Exorcist is a great horror movie... but as a maze?  The movie pretty much happens all in one room (at least, all the horrific memorable parts).  Doesn't exactly lend itself to an entire maze.