HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Murdy did say that there was one house he would be really afraid of designing and I think the Exorcist would fit that bill. Plus, they have a good relationship with Fox who is producing the show, and I think this could happen.

Reactions: chris.g
I just saw The Witch this weekend and really liked it. I know the chances are low of them using it for a maze but I think something like it would be really cool. Like something inspired by it that takes us through the woods during the Salem Witch Trials. 

It just occurred to me that the huge open space where the Gibson entrance was could hold a pretty sizable house in that area. The queue can be held in Water World and a staff member can moderate restroom traffic and the line area. Disney does that for the Indiana Jones extended queue, they can do that here. IfPets is going to be under construction where 28 is, that land can be a good replacement. 

It just occurred to me that the huge open space where the Gibson entrance was could hold a pretty sizable house in that area. The queue can be held in Water World and a staff member can moderate restroom traffic and the line area. Disney does that for the Indiana Jones extended queue, they can do that here. IfPets is going to be under construction where 28 is, that land can be a good replacement. 

I don't think this area will be used as a venue. It's smaller than Parisian Courtyard. Not to mention the logistical nightmare of having a maze at the very entrance of the park. 

Reactions: Alexshow.
Man the more I think about it, the more I want to see DC/Vertigo's "Preacher" come as a maze this year at HHN, it's just so perfect/ fitting for this to happen, especially with the show coming and what not. Plus HHN's already on good terms with AMC over TWD, why not two AMC properties, especially one with lots of potential? Jesse's church would make for the most absolute perfect façade.... 

preacher-sxsw-87a6d.jpg

Reactions: BernardMesa
So many questions with the new Walking Dead year round attraction... Here are some of mine:

- Does this rule out a yearly stand alone TWD maze? 

- Will the venue be repurposed yearly for HHN, or stay the Walking Dead yearly? 

- Will it count as a part of this year's maze lineup/ or will there be 6 separate mazes aside from this one? 

- Will it be updated with each season as the Walking Dead universe is expanded upon? 

Last edited by a moderator:
So many questions with the new Walking Dead year round attraction... Here are some of mine:

- Does this rule out a yearly stand alone TWD maze? 

- Will the venue be repurposed yearly for HHN, or stay the Walking Dead yearly? 

- Will it count as a part of this year's maze lineup/ or will there be 6 separate mazes aside from this one? 

Interesting questions indeed. My guesses: 

- Yes 

- It will probably stay as TWD yearly

- Hopefully 6 seperate, but I'm assuming they will include this in the lineup

Reactions: Alexshow.
Since the walking dead is a daytime attraction now, will it still take over marketing and merch or something else will for once

I have to think it will still be prominent in the marketing this year. As for merch, TWDs already in a good presence of that; even not in HHN times.

Next year in marketing..we will see about that.

I have another out of left field idea, but I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane yesterday and it would make such an awesome maze. Without spoiling the movie, it would almost be like two different mazes in one. If you've seen it you know what I mean. Incredibly suspenseful with a few good scares in it. Although I wouldn't really consider it a horror film. I'm sure it won't happen but I at least want to recommend the movie to y'all. 

Hearing that Walking Dead will not be a part of the actual line-up, just open during the event. Will this make 7 mazes during the event? Or will it still be 6 (if Murdy decides to only do 5 other mazes aside from TWD...)

I've only seen Murdy mention 5 maze treatments so far (recent tweets say #5 is a long one).  I'm looking forward to the hopeful day that he might talk about a sixth treatment, which would be the first confirmation of 6 mazes (plus TWD), but that day has not come yet.

If i want to guess.. TWDA & Parsian will fill the Upper Lot. But what still bothers me is the Lower Lot & Backlot. I'm exteremely curious, since the 28 Plot now seems unlikely (Due to imnent SLoP work) and if they intend on keeping the load/drop off points to and from the Metro sets.

I am curious of whats going to happen, especially considering the future of how the LL will be handled is more unknown than this years lineup, and thats interesting to me.

Two years ago, we had 3 backlot mazes.  The only year that happened (due to lack of regular park space).  I see that as a possibility again this year, TWD and Parisian up top, Mummy and JP down below, and 3 backlot (I hope), unless Murdy has another idea since his maze areas keep disappearing....(RIP Shrek and T2 area mazes).  But we'll have to wait a bit and see.

Two years ago, we had 3 backlot mazes.  The only year that happened (due to lack of regular park space).  I see that as a possibility again this year, TWD and Parisian up top, Mummy and JP down below, and 3 backlot (I hope), unless Murdy has another idea since his maze areas keep disappearing....(RIP Shrek and T2 area mazes).  But we'll have to wait a bit and see.

I don't think that the 3 maze option is available for the backlot, unless you get rid of the shuttle to or from the Backlot..unless if they expand the backlot portion to include Courthouse Square. The transport seems vital, especially not having to deal with the "Hell Walk" that is from TF to the Metro Sets, on foot.