HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So yeah, I passed through Soundstage 25 and it was open and the scenery looked HUGE. I can pretty much say for myself it looked like a maze was being constructed, my guess would be either AHS or Conjuring due to a huge Victorian era style window I saw. 

So yeah, I passed through Soundstage 25 and it was open and the scenery looked HUGE. I can pretty much say for myself it looked like a maze was being constructed, my guess would be either AHS or Conjuring due to a huge Victorian era style window I saw. 

We're you able to get photos of it possibly?

Also..if the reason why we aren't getting 747 is due to us getting one of the larger soundstages for the Lower lot; I am perfectly fine with that. It does equate though to 3 mazes on Lower Lot, Two on Upper and Two on the Backlot.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're you able to get photos of it possibly?

Also..if the reason why we aren't getting 747 is due to us getting one of the larger soundstages for the Lower lot; I am perfectly fine with that. It does equate though to 3 mazes on Lower Lot, Two on Upper and Two on the Backlot.

Just spitballing here but... two mazes in SS25? Like how Orlando usually fits two mazes into a soundstage?

Just spitballing here but... two mazes in SS25? Like how Orlando usually fits two mazes into a soundstage?

Hmm..maybe, but that leads me to wonder what could be the line flow. Could they re-open that construction wall close to the SLOP plot during HHN to accommodate a line and Exit for one of the two mazes or 25? Or could they be able to do a Mega house for AHS, much like how Orlando is doing it.

No photos, barely saw it enough to know that the wooden structures inside the building was HHN house material after noticing construction workers waving, so I didn't have time to snap a pic. Believe me when i say it, the walls were pretty tall and there was a lot of detail but you could tell it wasn't finished yet. 

No photos, barely saw it enough to know that the wooden structures inside the building was HHN house material after noticing construction workers waving, so I didn't have time to snap a pic. Believe me when i say it, the walls were pretty tall and there was a lot of detail but you could tell it wasn't finished yet. 

Hmm..

*Observes the size of 25 and the Soundstages of UOR and compares the two*

SS25 for is about .5 Centimacres ahead of SS24, SS23, SS20 and SS25 from Orlando and about .18 Centimacres ahead of SS22 of Orlandos..that gives them that possibility for two houses.

I'd say they could do two houses; but i'd think a mega house would make more sense..which would tend me to believe that AHS is the Megahouse for both coasts this year..

^ Asked this question specifically for you, but one of our scare zones may probably be receiving an "extraordinary light package" which includes projection mapping. But it's just a rumor among employees being thrown right now, and no word as to where this scare zone is or what it will be about.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Yes, I do.

But as for Scarezones...that depends on what exactly are you asking of. I personally hope that besides Purge, there is no repeat scarezones this year (that includes the iconic Dark Christmas); and, for them to incorporate some form of projection mapping to the buildings of Uni Blvd (I doubt it, but its a hope).

Ok thanks I hope we get a clown scare zone 

But as for Scarezones...that depends on what exactly are you asking of. I personally hope that besides Purge, there is no repeat scarezones this year (that includes the iconic Dark Christmas); and, for them to incorporate some form of projection mapping to the buildings of Uni Blvd (I doubt it, but its a hope).

I see projection mapping on the metro sets to be more likely since there's more area to pull something like Orlando's Acid Assault scarezone off. They could easily position projectors on the roofs of other facades if that were the case. But yeah, I could definitely see Uni Blvd with projection mapping. 

Ok thanks I hope we get a clown scare zone 

Yeah, keep saying that.

Reactions: HorrorNightsFan13
To me, I have a strange feeling that most of the house on both coasts will be based more off of Murder House, Freakshow, Hotel and whatever Season 6 is themed out of rather than giving a bit for Coven and Asylum. 

Who knows, but that's how I would see it.

^ Asked this question specifically for you, but one of our scare zones may probably be receiving an "extraordinary light package" which includes projection mapping. But it's just a rumor among employees being thrown right now, and no word as to where this scare zone is or what it will be about.

First off, props to asking specifically for me and second.. that makes me happy on many levels.

Reactions: chris.g
so does that rule out the possible use of Courthouse Square/more backlot access? Would've been super cool but I much prefer a soundstage over a tent.

Edit: Nevermind I thought about it in my head and I completely forgot that we lost Parisian most likely. So it's still a possibility.

So yeah, I passed through Soundstage 25 and it was open and the scenery looked HUGE. a huge Victorian era style window. 
Believe me when i say it, the walls were pretty tall and there was a lot of detail but you could tell it wasn't finished yet. 

That doesn't really confirm "HHN maze construction" to me. Afterall, USH is a working film studio with multiple productions always going on in/out of the SS. It sounds like normal tv/movie set stuff. And there wouldn't be that much detail as far as construction goes, especially not at this time. Besides, Murdy is usually pretty open about maze construction happening.

Its possible it is for HHN & that is part of his big announcement(s) after the Krampus announcement. -shrugs- we'll have to wait & see.

I can see ahs as the mega house based on freak show,hotel,coven,asylum,& murder house & whatever is next for ahs .

I'd let the "mega house" thing die. That not-really-that-much-larger maze that was TWD last year was only due to having the SS28 plot and a cheap marketing ploy for the 4th time TWD has been at the event. They needed a gimmick to make people excited. Just because Orlando is most likely getting an "uber house" for AHS, doesn't mean the same will happen for Hollywood.

That doesn't really confirm "HHN maze construction" to me. Afterall, USH is a working film studio with multiple productions always going on in/out of the SS. It sounds like normal tv/movie set stuff. And there wouldn't be that much detail as far as construction goes, especially not at this time. Besides, Murdy is usually pretty open about maze construction happening.

Its possible it is for HHN & that is part of his big announcement(s) after the Krampus announcement. -shrugs- we'll have to wait & see.

Nothing confirms that there is a maze being constructed or isn't, but I'm pretty sure what I saw looked like HHN Maze construction. 

Alright guys, you ready? Here's a supposed line up my source told me: 

Krampus

Freddy vs Jason

American Horror Story

The Exorcist

Walking Dead

Conjuring Saga

Scream (just a rumor) 

Texas Chainsaw (Original Take) Terror Tram. (May or may not be Happening) 

Looks like my previous guesses were wrong. Oh, and Purge will return as a scare zone, and was considered for Terror Tram again.

Our megahouse is up in the air between FvJ and AHS. 

So thoughts? 

Your source didn't mention anything about Ash Vs Evil Dead coming to the event did he?