Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

Some new music choices would be appreciated too haha
Well, I had said that the thing to do would be to integrate a small slice of a music streaming service, like Spotify, into the Universal app; they’d cover the licensing fees, and in return, Universal would compensate Spotify or whomever. That could also open the door up to have songs rotated out every quarter or so to avoid what I call “Black Eyed Peas Syndrome”.

Then, you’d have 1000 songs available; 100 songs from 10 genres, with the “secret song” keypad replacing the current menu setup entirely.

I think it’d be cool as well if you found songs that worked well with the way the ride is set up; for instance, I tried putting a POV of the current ride with “Year of the Cat”, the Al Stewart song, and I set it up such that the sax solo in that song starts right as you start down the lift hill, so that you not only get that solo, but just about the rest of the song as well. Stuff like that would make your music choice really matter, in my opinion.

Well, I had said that the thing to do would be to integrate a small slice of a music streaming service, like Spotify, into the Universal app; they’d cover the licensing fees, and in return, Universal would compensate Spotify or whomever. That could also open the door up to have songs rotated out every quarter or so to avoid what I call “Black Eyed Peas Syndrome”.

Then, you’d have 1000 songs available; 100 songs from 10 genres, with the “secret song” keypad replacing the current menu setup entirely.

I think it’d be cool as well if you found songs that worked well with the way the ride is set up; for instance, I tried putting a POV of the current ride with “Year of the Cat”, the Al Stewart song, and I set it up such that the sax solo in that song starts right as you start down the lift hill, so that you not only get that solo, but just about the rest of the song as well. Stuff like that would make your music choice really matter, in my opinion.
I would also love to see seasonal songs added. Ex. Stranger Things Theme added during HHN

If/when this is torn down, make the entrance for Minion Mayhem be one the opposite side of where it is now closer to BMG. That back half of the coaster becomes the Minion land that Singapore is getting, Pets takes over Shrek, and if there is room for Sing Live somewhere in there throw it in. Very nice little opening area of the park!

If/when this is torn down, make the entrance for Minion Mayhem be one the opposite side of where it is now closer to BMG. That back half of the coaster becomes the Minion land that Singapore is getting, Pets takes over Shrek, and if there is room for Sing Live somewhere in there throw it in. Very nice little opening area of the park!
I would argue that Studios needs at least one major coaster...Preferably an air time machine

But that could also go into the back of the park

I would argue that Studios needs at least one major coaster...Preferably an air time machine

But that could also go into the back of the park
This.... or ya know, a Dynamic attractions dual coaster for Fast and Furious. I feel with Islands and EU both having major outdoor coasters, maybe Studios keeps theirs indoors? I’d be fine with it, USF is already in my eyes a premiere park for a rainy day haha, this adds to it. Maybe it’s not a thing Universal thinks about but, if you’re wanting guests on property for a full week they’re going to need to make small accommodations like this if feel but, I could be super over thinking it.

This.... or ya know, a Dynamic attractions dual coaster for Fast and Furious. I feel with Islands and EU both having major outdoor coasters, maybe Studios keeps theirs indoors? I’d be fine with it, USF is already in my eyes a premiere park for a rainy day haha, this adds to it. Maybe it’s not a thing Universal thinks about but, if you’re wanting guests on property for a full week they’re going to need to make small accommodations like this if feel but, I could be super over thinking it.
Yes, but I also want a big, tall, unapologetic, air time machine

I will never understand why they didn't just put in a version of the USJ Hollywood Dream the ride. Air time - check. Music - check, Doesn't trash the look of the entrance - check and super reliable people eater.

The opportunity to put in a good coaster was when they replaced Disaster! - they had a good plot of land there and a good location. A fairly simple F&F coaster would have been welcome.

I would love a retrack or even a new coaster in that space. With Hagrid's and Velocicoaster now built, plus the Hulk retrack, I think the time has come for them to up the quality of RRR.

Whatever does happen to that space, I would love to keep the skyline. Studios doesn't really have anything else like it besides the unintentional Dragontail from Diagon.