Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Movies Thread

Despite an underwhelming climax and some commentary that is only a couple degrees away from self-parody, Nia DaCosta's direction on the new CANDYMAN is so engaging and stylish that it gets a pass. Excellent balance of restraint and gore, too.

Very excited to watch tonight and very happy about the news of Halloween Kills getting released on Peacock!

Ooof. I'm so torn on that one. We feel safe enough to check that out at our local theater, and I would love to see it on the big screen. On the other hand...I could watch it in my house for free (we have yet to sign-up for Peacock, so we could do the "free trial).

Ooof. I'm so torn on that one. We feel safe enough to check that out at our local theater, and I would love to see it on the big screen. On the other hand...I could watch it in my house for free (we have yet to sign-up for Peacock, so we could do the "free trial).

I prefer watching at home, so, I’m planning on stocking up on all the pumpkin treats, Halloween candy, putting all the Halloween lights on and cozying up to watch from the couch. Definitely not the same as an in theater experience, but, that’s just a personal preference!

I prefer watching at home, so, I’m planning on stocking up on all the pumpkin treats, Halloween candy, putting all the Halloween lights on and cozying up to watch from the couch. Definitely not the same as an in theater experience, but, that’s just a personal preference!

Ahhhh damn. Now a Halloween 2018/Halloween Kills double feature at home, with all the Monster Cereals, candy corn, Little Debbie Pumpkins, etc sounds like a real party.

I’m about 20 minutes or so away from finishing watching Malignant and I think it’s been really fun! It’s definitely a crazy horror movie, but, I’m enjoying it and I think it’s cause it reminds me a bit of a movie I haven’t seen in years, however, I will always remember it well for how unhinged it was and that is…
Basket Case.

Is the fact that you needed a break good or bad?

We all have different viewing habits. Taking a break is usually for not good movies for me.

Is the fact that you needed a break good or bad?

We all have different viewing habits. Taking a break is usually for not good movies for me.

I’m not sure if this was to me or not, but, I have a 747 sounding AC system that goes off very often and when it does it makes it pretty impossible to hear any dialogue in whatever I’m watching at the time, which is the reason for the constant pauses. I started the movie around 7:00 and didn’t finish until 10:30-ish.

Long story short, the breaks in viewing for me have nothing to do with the quality of the film!

If anyone's interested in seeing what 1980s Disney's attempts at horror look like, I definitely recommend THE WATCHER IN THE WOODS and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES.

SOMETHING WICKED, in particular, has some especially wonderful moments (being based on a great book certainly helps). Ideal Halloween-time viewing.

If anyone's interested in seeing what 1980s Disney's attempts at horror look like, I definitely recommend THE WATCHER IN THE WOODS and SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES.

SOMETHING WICKED, in particular, has some especially wonderful moments (being based on a great book certainly helps). Ideal Halloween-time viewing.

Watcher in the Woods is my kinder-trauma.

Our grade school teachers forced us to watch that at way too young of an age, and now I’m scared of anyone named Karen

I’m not sure if this was to me or not, but, I have a 747 sounding AC system that goes off very often and when it does it makes it pretty impossible to hear any dialogue in whatever I’m watching at the time, which is the reason for the constant pauses. I started the movie around 7:00 and didn’t finish until 10:30-ish.

Long story short, the breaks in viewing for me have nothing to do with the quality of the film!
MY AC IS THE SAME and it pisses me off to no end. Even with my nice ass sound bar and surround sound. I have no clue how to fix it, but it is frustrating.

MY AC IS THE SAME and it pisses me off to no end. Even with my nice ass sound bar and surround sound. I have no clue how to fix it, but it is frustrating.

Currently taking my time watching Midnight Mass (only up to episode 4 but so far I’m obsessed) and it makes getting through even a single episode so difficult.

Currently taking my time watching Midnight Mass (only up to episode 4 but so far I’m obsessed) and it makes getting through even a single episode so difficult.
Not sure if you have a bluetooth-enabled TV or if you're watching with other folks, but a pair of wireless headphones would help with this.

If anyone's looking for some recommendations between now and Halloween, HBO Max has you covered. Every day throughout October, they'll be suggesting 3 random movies in the same style as the Scary doors from IT.

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 2.30.34 PM.png

For example from today: Not Scary=SCOOB!, Scary=Poltergeist, Very Scary=Friday the 13th (2009).