Horror Movies Thread | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
THE NIGHT HOUSE is terrific. Rebecca Hall's performance is excellent, and director David Bruckner employs some pretty inventive visual gags.

One of the best genre films of the year, for sure.

Reactions: DannyPowers
So I just finished watching V/H/S/94…that was certainly a choice; a choice that I made and I cannot ever get back the past hour and 43 minutes.

So I just finished watching V/H/S/94…that was certainly a choice; a choice that I made and I cannot ever get back the past hour and 43 minutes.
I thought that the first segment, and the end of the last segment were really good. The rest were just kind of there.

it definitely doesn’t hold up to the creativity of earlier entries in the series.

Nothing in the V/H/S series could ever top the "Safe Haven" segment from the second film.

2 is probably one with the most creative segments since they were all kind forced to find a way to utilize a GoPro. That's how we got a zombie movie from the prospective of a zombie.

Reactions: belloq87
I thought that the first segment, and the end of the last segment were really good. The rest were just kind of there.

it definitely doesn’t hold up to the creativity of earlier entries in the series.

It took me all these hours to remember what the first segment was and I literally *just* watched it last night. I feel like that should explain my thoughts on the film as a whole, but, now that I remembered it I didn’t mind the first segment. Or the second one, they were funny, the rest lost me.

Reactions: DannyPowers
Has anyone here seen The Killing of a Sacred Deer? Stumbled across it on Netflix with no prior knowledge of it but thought it may have been interesting.

A couple of days later I’m still not sure what to think of it. I liked the Kubrickian cinematography and music, and I actually appreciated the stilted and awkward dialogue as part of the atmosphere. But Im
not sure if that, plus the allusions to the Greek tragedy upon which it was inspired, is enough to make it a “good movie.”

Has anyone here seen The Killing of a Sacred Deer? Stumbled across it on Netflix with no prior knowledge of it but thought it may have been interesting.

A couple of days later I’m still not sure what to think of it. I liked the Kubrickian cinematography and music, and I actually appreciated the stilted and awkward dialogue as part of the atmosphere. But Im
not sure if that, plus the allusions to the Greek tragedy upon which it was inspired, is enough to make it a “good movie.”
It’s a fantastic film. I love it.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
Out of curiosity I decided to watch Megan Is Missing and I really, really wish I hadn’t because that is going to stay with me for an extremely long time if not for life. That may sound over the top, but, I really don’t think I’ve ever been so uncomfortable with a movie from start to finish.

That was honestly one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen in my entire life.

Nice! I'd love to see POSSESSION with an audience. Even solo, the film is quite the experience!
Funny, I’ve actually only ever seen it with an audience — last night and the time before. It’s such a disorienting experience, although this time I definitely understood the plot more. Still one of the most confounding movies ever made, though. It’s a two hour waking nightmare.

I’m gonna see the new 4K restoration of Possession tonight at Beyond Fest here in LA. I saw it on a 35mm print years ago but apparently this 4K scan is a big improvement over that. Curious to find out.
I’m really hoping that the put out a new blu now that the 4K restore is done

Out of curiosity I decided to watch Megan Is Missing and I really, really wish I hadn’t because that is going to stay with me for an extremely long time if not for life. That may sound over the top, but, I really don’t think I’ve ever been so uncomfortable with a movie from start to finish.

That was honestly one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen in my entire life.

Color me very intrigued.

Color me very intrigued.

I went into it pretty unassuming, I had heard it was creepy, but, I really didn’t think much of it and I think it caught me off guard cause it was just worse than I anticipated it would be. When you realize how rooted in reality it is, it just makes it a really difficult watch.

It’s just not a fun popcorn type of scary movie, like a Halloween or The Conjuring, for me it was simply a far too dark, uncomfortable movie.

MEGAN IS MISSING is very much in the vein of THE POUGHKEEPSIE TAPES, which is essentially the last 20 minutes of MEGAN stretched out for an entire movie.

It's definitely not for everyone (and some of the "acting" is very unconvincing, and shatters the illusion that we're watching a true crime documentary about a real case), but I think POUGHKEEPSIE is a very effective and upsetting film.