Horror Movies Thread | Page 43 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
8 and a half years of waiting since it was first announced, and now have finally seen the Five Nights at Freddy's movie. Loved it, and can't wait for it to probably be at HHN 33.

Haven't posted much in here: but FNAF is absolutely introduction level horror for kids and I am impressed by how much I did not hate it.
I saw it with what seemed to be a young audience and they ate that poop up like it was Avengers Endgame. It has been a long time since I've heard reactions like that in a theater. I wasn't exactly into it, but clearly it's a crowd pleaser.

Not really a strict horror film (more of a thriller) but The Royal Hotel is really, really great if you're into psychological slow-burners. Reminiscent of Wake In Fright -- kinda classic Australian genre stuff.
Good pull!

Really enjoyed Royal Hotel too, got a really effective escalation.

Dear God....no.....no why

Did people not like the first one? I thought it was fine.

Good pull!

Really enjoyed Royal Hotel too, got a really effective escalation.

Did people not like the first one? I thought it was fine.
I really liked the first one

But like Sinister before it.....we don't need a sequel. Heck I remember the director saying he hopes it's one and done. Not everything needs to be an IP

I hope its good but....I just don't see why it needs a sequel

Maybe he kidnaps multiple children in the sequel, but I agree I didnt think that movie was something that needed a sequel. Give us Sinister 3 if anything else.

Im also really looking forward to the Hell House prequel, I enjoyed the first 3 and I hope this one is as messed up as the previous.

Reactions: belloq87
watched 'No One Will Save You' -- really atmospheric and creepy, but don't think it does a very good job of communicating its self-forgiveness-and-anti-isolation message. still worth a watch, especially if you have a Hulu subscription.
I don’t think it’s actually “anti-isolationist” at all. And it’s only marginally about self-forgiveness. She gets exactly what she wanted in the end… which is an escape.

I don’t think it’s actually “anti-isolationist” at all. And it’s only marginally about self-forgiveness. She gets exactly what she wanted in the end… which is an escape.
I don't really agree with that!

She ends up getting what she wants: Acceptance and forgiveness from the town, albeit with a ~twist~

I really liked the first one

But like Sinister before it.....we don't need a sequel. Heck I remember the director saying he hopes it's one and done. Not everything needs to be an IP

I hope its good but....I just don't see why it needs a sequel
I think the key to why I am fine with it, is that Cargill is directly onboard and working with Derrickson. I trust Cargill with it as he would have an idea to know how to continue the narrative.

If I had to guess what it could be, I think jumping a bit in time to show the sister as a proper seer feels like the right play. Especially if the story has an element as if there is a copycat killer that requires the aid of someone who was vital to cracking down the original killings.

DP but it's a good one: FNAF has earned 39.5 million dollars on just Opening Day alone, as the film's overall opening weekend domestically is going to hit 78 million dollars.

Waited a long time for FNAF.

I loved it, it has its issues for sure but everything is very close to the first games lore.
Henson did a great job with the Animatronics.

Can’t wait to see it at HHN.

The new HELL HOUSE LLC installment on Shudder is potentially the best of the series. Certainly the best since the first one. Genuinely pretty unnerving at a few points. If you've enjoyed any of the previous movies, definitely check this one out.

Maybe he kidnaps multiple children in the sequel, but I agree I didnt think that movie was something that needed a sequel.
The Grabber died lol. One of the best things about the movie was that the Grabber wasn't supernatural in anyway, so I really hope they don't go back on that.

Also - I am very excited for They Follow.

The new HELL HOUSE LLC installment on Shudder is potentially the best of the series. Certainly the best since the first one. Genuinely pretty unnerving at a few points. If you've enjoyed any of the previous movies, definitely check this one out.

I've seen the original, but none of the other sequels... would it still make sense if I watched the new one?

I've seen the original, but none of the other sequels... would it still make sense if I watched the new one?
I think so. They briefly reference some of the groups from II and III, but there's nothing plot-related that would be confusing.

For the most part, it's a new story in a new location that gradually reveals some connections to the central location of the previous movies.