Horror Movies Thread | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just finished the newest Hell House installment and I loved it. I watch the first 2 fairly often so I forgot how creepy, tense & generally unsettling watching one of those films for the first time can be.

Don’t forget to watch to the end of the credits!

I don’t know if it was because I watched it on Halloween night but House of 1000 Corpses worked FAR better the second time watching it. Probably partially due to the fact that the film is set during Halloween and it’s clock full of Halloween references (the random and out of place horror show segment at the very start, clowns, the dark ride, etc.)

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The new HELL HOUSE LLC installment on Shudder is potentially the best of the series. Certainly the best since the first one. Genuinely pretty unnerving at a few points. If you've enjoyed any of the previous movies, definitely check this one out.

I enjoyed it but it really, REALLY suffers greatly from being too forced as a found footage film. It has way too many moments of outright stupidity and 'yeah, why would you continue filming there?' in it. It's a super hard thin line to balance on and I think they fell this time. The scares are fun and the tension is the best since the original but I still don't think we've come close to replicating the magic of the first Hell House LLC.
Honestly, I'm slightly over he huge world of lore they keep constructing. My eyeballs almost rolled out of my head when we started laying it on super thick towards the end and how there's almost assuredly more movies in the Hell House series coming. I would like to see the writer/director tackle new ground rather than stretch and flatten this one out, personally.

We continued our annual tradition of watching Trick r Treat on Halloween night! Still one of my all time favorites.
I think the director should one day adapt the (sorta sequel) comic “Trick r Treat: Days of the Dead” into a full fledged movie; it’s pretty good and I think it’s actually better than the film.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I enjoyed it but it really, REALLY suffers greatly from being too forced as a found footage film. It has way too many moments of outright stupidity and 'yeah, why would you continue filming there?' in it. It's a super hard thin line to balance on and I think they fell this time.
It definitely feels more forced than it should, but on the other hand, I know what I'm getting into with found footage, so I'm generally willing to go along with it even if they don't completely justify why they keep filming.

I enjoyed it but it really, REALLY suffers greatly from being too forced as a found footage film. It has way too many moments of outright stupidity and 'yeah, why would you continue filming there?' in it. It's a super hard thin line to balance on and I think they fell this time. The scares are fun and the tension is the best since the original but I still don't think we've come close to replicating the magic of the first Hell House LLC.
Honestly, I'm slightly over he huge world of lore they keep constructing. My eyeballs almost rolled out of my head when we started laying it on super thick towards the end and how there's almost assuredly more movies in the Hell House series coming. I would like to see the writer/director tackle new ground rather than stretch and flatten this one out, personally.

Attachments

• system.jpeg
    system.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 10
watched The Nun II tonight. overburdened by exposition and so-so writing, but it's undoubtedly an improvement over its predecessor. quite a bit scarier, if not in a groundbreaking way.

Reactions: imagin78
It's got some of that Akela madness that made M3gan and Malignant so much fun but not nearly enough to justify its existence. Should've went weirder with the Indiana Jones stuff.

Reactions: Jake S
It's got some of that Akela madness that made M3gan and Malignant so much fun but not nearly enough to justify its existence. Should've went weirder with the Indiana Jones stuff.
it's not willing to commit to the swashbuckling catholic superheroes that the conjuring films make the warrens out to be. it either needs to be more sleuthy and globe trotty (as you mentioned) or more intimate and scary (like Annabelle Creation).

Reactions: rageofthegods
THANKSGIVING is, shockingly, a quite good, fun slasher! A terrific opening setpiece, several excellent kills, solid characters, and a tone that lets you know you can sit back and enjoy the mayhem. I don't think the killer reveal works, but other than that, it's exactly what a solid and entertaining slasher should be.

Probably Eli Roth's best film to date (depending on your taste, that might not be saying much, but still!).

THANKSGIVING is, shockingly, a quite good, fun slasher! A terrific opening setpiece, several excellent kills, solid characters, and a tone that lets you know you can sit back and enjoy the mayhem. I don't think the killer reveal works, but other than that, it's exactly what a solid and entertaining slasher should be.

Probably Eli Roth's best film to date (depending on your taste, that might not be saying much, but still!).
Man, I'm just glad to have slashers again. This must've been what it was like when Gladiator came out and people remembered that Roman epics were cool.

Reactions: belloq87
Eli Roth's Thanksgiving is a super fun slasher film that never takes itself seriously yet brings all the gory, bloody stuffing and a surprising amount of awesomely executed tension to the holiday festivities. Roth is so clearly in love with the horror genre overall and he's so obviously a funny person, I wish he would do more horror comedy fare, Thanksgiving shows he can do it damn well.

Hey everyone, hope all is well! Just wanted to share my new horror short film - The Drawing. Its only 3 min but packs a punch, it played at a bunch of festivals this fall, here are a few highlights!

Official Selection FilmQuest
Audience Winner HorrorHaus
1st place Spooky Film Festival

After waking from a nightmare, artist Scarlet is pursued by a malevolent figure eerily reminiscent of her latest drawing.

Drawing Still 1.jpg

Drawing Still 2.jpg

Thank you all so much! Hope everyone enjoys it, look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Hey everyone, hope all is well! Just wanted to share my new horror short film - The Drawing. Its only 3 min but packs a punch, it played at a bunch of festivals this fall, here are a few highlights!

Official Selection FilmQuest
Audience Winner HorrorHaus
1st place Spooky Film Festival

After waking from a nightmare, artist Scarlet is pursued by a malevolent figure eerily reminiscent of her latest drawing.

View attachment 20157

View attachment 20158

Thank you all so much! Hope everyone enjoys it, look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Great stuff! Really polished camerawork and lighting.

Reactions: JaySalahi