How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dollywood is based on the local culture. That's what it means to be a regional park.
This… isn’t my understanding of a regional park at all.

If Dollywood is a regional park, then the only parks in the US that aren’t are the Disney and Universal parks. I don’t think that’s true. Six Flags, Kings Island and Dominion, Kennywood - those are regional parks. Dollywood pulls from a national and even international tourist audience.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
This… isn’t my understanding of a regional park at all.

If Dollywood is a regional park, then the only parks in the US that aren’t are the Disney and Universal parks. I don’t think that’s true. Six Flags, Kings Island and Dominion, Kennywood - those are regional parks. Dollywood pulls from a national and even international tourist audience.
I think you’re right. Here’s an article saying the same thing as of 2023:

But, back to Epic Universe and HTTYD :lmao:

But that is what makes Universal and Disney more Unique is they do normally attempt to deal with sight lines where other parks do not. It is what makes them good compared to the other lower parks.
They should be *a* focus, but I don't think they should be the end all be all if it means limiting attraction variety. Old Universal did a fantastic job at balancing the two imo.

They should be *a* focus, but I don't think they should be the end all be all if it means limiting attraction variety. Old Universal did a fantastic job at balancing the two imo.
Just to bring this back to Berk.

I’m no sight line purist, but I have been stumped by the sight lines in Berk for a while. Specifically Starfall Racers.

Currently, it’s hard to imagine partially complete and from an aerial vantage point. We know there are elevation changes in the land and the grand stand is currently being built. That should help.

I also think Starfall’s comet lighting at night may look magical from within Berk.

I always found it amusing when people complained about (Dueling) Dragons Challenge being an eyesore & didn't fit Hogsmeade/Potter.

I'm like... you literally have coaster trains that are designed as Dragons. Potter features Dragons. You're complaining because you can see roller coaster track. But yet, somehow Hagrids gets a pass.
I also think Starfall’s comet lighting at night may look magical from within Berk.
if this was a Jurassic land, the dinosaurs would see that & go ":poop: NOT AGAIN!"

I always found it amusing when people complained about (Dueling) Dragons Challenge being an eyesore & didn't fit Hogsmeade/Potter.

I'm like... you literally have coaster trains that are designed as Dragons. Potter features Dragons. You're complaining because you can see roller coaster track. But yet, somehow Hagrids gets a pass.
I get what you're saying, but I don't necessarily think it's an apt comparison. The tall and imposing steel track and supports for Dragons is quite different from Hagrid's, where the track weaves though a lush and well themed environment.

The problem with Dueling was that its colors didn't fit the motif of Hogsmeade, so it was a bit jarring. If it had received darker tones and some more foliage, it would have fit the land better instead of appearing as an afterthought.

But I don't think they needed a below track coaster in this land. I don't know that it fits as well personally. Yes it is "different" but not sure it would add much. We are riding a dragon in this coaster and it is meant to be a family coaster, so I think it is a perfect addition and again is different from Hagrid's. I don't even know why that comparison is being made.

Isle of Berk really is a solid complete land. It feels like more thought was put into this land than the other 3 (I'm not including Celestial Park since it acts as a hub for the lands). It's really going to be visually stunning once complete

I'm sure the splash battle boats will be fine, certainly gets the wetness job done effectively, but part of me wishes it was a flume (swipe the backwards gimmick from Disney to send us "over the falls")

All this land is really missing is the dreaded simulator of doom. It'd surprisingly be a welcome addition since it's the only ride type missing from this land lol

Reactions: GA-MBIT and TylerG
From within the park:

Source: Micah Turner on LinkedIn: #layher #trekkergroup #scaffolding #safety

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more epic (I'm sorry haha). I thought the tall stuff was done for the park.

Those grandstands are going to look very nice. Wish we could get a forced perspective quidditch stadium somewhere in Hagrid
Wouldn't be surprised if we get something that looks like a Golden Snitch somewhere around this spot. Probably be wood painted gold if they did so it would still look like it fit in.

Reactions: Nico and Wesker69