How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The sealing of the boat ride's concrete has started:

It looks like the land will be terraced with several levels-- a detail that's hard to see from the aerial shots:

A lot of rockwork taking shape:

That's a LOT of conduit!

Looks like the grandstands are about to be built behind the sky flys:

The sealing of the boat ride's concrete has started:

It looks like the land will be terraced with several levels-- a detail that's hard to see from the aerial shots:

A lot of rockwork taking shape:

That's a LOT of conduit!

Looks like the grandstands are about to be built behind the sky flys:

Haven’t paid much attention to this boat ride, is it just the far away shot, or is it a really teeny tiny attraction?

Reactions: Ahmanet
But it doesn't seem anything like Hagrid's so would the GP even care? It is much different than having too many screen heavy rides in a single park. This coaster is different from the other ones in this park.

I agree, which is why I said it would have to be longer to give more blocks. Because if you have ever been in line for that ride you would know how painfully slow that line is. It is a decent coaster for what it is, but if my son had to rank all the coasters he has been on he would rank it last. Between fire chaser and dragonflier in that park alone fire chaser is better. So I don't know that it would be something that would blow people away. I haven't been on their new coaster, but if I had to guess it will rank last amoungst the kid coasters at Dollywood. So why clone something that in its own park isn't ranked very high never the less compared to other parks?
Continuing the discussion in its prospective place. . .

Look at the netting now. Could you imagine how jarring it would be on a suspended coaster that goes over the paths? I personally do not see how someone can say this is another hagrid. The only similarity is they both have launches. Hagrid focus more on straight aways and turns, the coaster here has more of a fluid layout filled with swooping dives and elements that one could say mimics flight. In a world where spiderman and transformers exist feet from each other, I doubt anyone would make a fuss that this coaster is similar to hagrids.

Look at the netting now. Could you imagine how jarring it would be on a suspended coaster that goes over the paths? I personally do not see how someone can say this is another hagrid. The only similarity is they both have launches. Hagrid focus more on straight aways and turns, the coaster here has more of a fluid layout filled with swooping dives and elements that one could say mimics flight. In a world where spiderman and transformers exist feet from each other, I doubt anyone would make a fuss that this coaster is similar to hagrids.
Additionally, you're supposed to be riding on the back of a dragon, so a suspended coaster would not be the best choice for obvious reasons.

jp-316.gif

that's the new theme for the Pteranodon Flyers flyers lol.

Hagrid would be my comparison but mostly in terms of thrill and intensity.

Both are Intamin multi launch family thrill coasters.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Additionally, you're supposed to be riding on the back of a dragon, so a suspended coaster would not be the best choice for obvious reasons.
Dueling Dragons was an inverted coaster & if you sat in the front row, you were sitting in the Dragons mouth. Even the shoulder restraint mimicked being a tongue since it was pink, all other rows matched the dragon color. So I guess 2nd row to back row, you were being digested!

I'm curious to see this coaster in action. But for a land that feels the most "complete", I still can't help agreeing it does need a dreaded screen-based simulator

Reactions: TylerG

Yeah that would never work in a park that is all about theme and so you don't want unthemed nets like at Sea World for Manta. I really don't understand the want to duplicate a coaster that is just an OK coaster. Even if this was similar to Hagrids at least it is duplicating a really really good coaster. I also don't think this is similar though.

Unfortunately, I think Splash Battle attractions are cursed. My local water park closed a relatively new version of the attraction with… fine… theming (for a regional park), and it’s something that I’ve seen in a few other parks, too. I think it’s just the combination of the very slow boats and my observation that many theming attempts of these attractions are pretty spare (maybe due to the nature of the ride?).

I know it’s for kids, but I hope the attraction has Toon Lagoon levels of rich detail and fun in it’s water features.

In a world where spiderman and transformers exist feet from each other
Some of us (I know we're not large enough to actually influence decision making but whatever) have a massive problem with that. I like to pretend Transformers isn't there.

Yeah that would never work in a park that is all about theme and so you don't want unthemed nets like at Sea World for Manta. I really don't understand the want to duplicate a coaster that is just an OK coaster. Even if this was similar to Hagrids at least it is duplicating a really really good coaster. I also don't think this is similar though.
A perfect example of why I think sightlines shouldn't always be priority #1.

Some of us (I know we're not large enough to actually influence decision making but whatever) have a massive problem with that. I like to pretend Transformers isn't there.

A perfect example of why I think sightlines shouldn't always be priority #1.

But that is what makes Universal and Disney more Unique is they do normally attempt to deal with sight lines where other parks do not. It is what makes them good compared to the other lower parks.

Unfortunately, I think Splash Battle attractions are cursed. My local water park closed a relatively new version of the attraction with… fine… theming (for a regional park), and it’s something that I’ve seen in a few other parks, too. I think it’s just the combination of the very slow boats and my observation that many theming attempts of these attractions are pretty spare (maybe due to the nature of the ride?).

I know it’s for kids, but I hope the attraction has Toon Lagoon levels of rich detail and fun in it’s water features.
Dollywood’s splash battle closed after nine years. They don’t have a great track record.

The one at our local Six Flags closed officially after 13 years for expansion. I am curious if this ride requires more extensive upkeep than regional parks are willing to do.
I suspect the necessary maintenance to guest satisfaction ratio isn’t great.

And hey! Don’t go callin’ Dollywood a regional park!

Reactions: GA-MBIT and IzzyB