Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2022 (Busch Gardens Tampa)

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Small update today with the event dates being posted to the website September 9-October 31, 2022:

Today (Friday the 13th) only, they're offering a great deal on tickets-- 2 for $66.66:

Heard that some have been casted for Death Water Bayou, the facade is still up also so that'll be coming back. Unless they use a new location this year (doubtful) then the only reasonable location for a new house could be in the Akbar building since The Fallen, the witch house, and The Residence seem to be coming back

I think the only change were the werewolves suit themselves, the house didn’t change much

I have a question: I will be visiting BGT HoS for the first time ever on Sep 24th! Really stoked! I was really considering getting an express pass for the event until I saw the price for it was almost twice as much as a single night's ticket. I understand it's a Saturday night, but bear in mind, I will be visiting the park during the day to get the rides in as I am a Platinum Pass holder. How essential would it be to get an Express for Saturday the 24th? Can I get all of the houses done in one night with strategic planning? Is there a stay-and-scream system similar to HHN's? Also note that while I usually like to do the houses multiple times to soak in the scares and detail for HHN, I see this as a one-and-done experience with the houses so I'm cool with doing the houses just once.

I have a question: I will be visiting BGT HoS for the first time ever on Sep 24th! Really stoked! I was really considering getting an express pass for the event until I saw the price for it was almost twice as much as a single night's ticket. I understand it's a Saturday night, but bear in mind, I will be visiting the park during the day to get the rides in as I am a Platinum Pass holder. How essential would it be to get an Express for Saturday the 24th? Can I get all of the houses done in one night with strategic planning? Is there a stay-and-scream system similar to HHN's? Also note that while I usually like to do the houses multiple times to soak in the scares and detail for HHN, I see this as a one-and-done experience with the houses so I'm cool with doing the houses just once.
Usually around 5 they’ll have wristband stations where you get wristbands signaling that you’re there for HOS, you’re allowed to continue to roam the park until the event starts. The rides might be open but I don’t remember honestly. Also, if you start at one of the 2 front houses being the Witch of the Woods or Death Water, then work your way to the back houses, you could finish them all in the first 90 minutes before the crowds show up

Last edited:

We went on Sept. 22nd last year, which was a Friday, and were able to get through all the houses and see Fiends with no problem. Even had time to do a couple of the rides and repeat runs of Death Water Bayou and Witch of the Woods. I think the longest we waited was about 20 minutes for Cell Block Zombies.

Back when I worked at Busch Gardens, September was usually a slow period, even on weekends. Just like HHN, things don't really start getting crazy until early to mid-October.

Also the scarezone where the Marrakesh theater was is coming back, the sliding doors hiding it returned this morning

Missed HOS last year and regretted not going because I heard how boss Witch Of the Woods was. Just bring back Demented Dimensions from there sister park now, that house was underrated as hell.