Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 129 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's one of those "nearly impossible" scenarios (which do happen), but I'm sure they would take a crane and give it a pull one direction of the other. It would be a PR nightmare, but it's an easily remedied problem usually. Really the worst case scenario is a train with a bad wheel that stops it it an inversion. It's very rare though.

In Wallibi, Belgium a launched shuttle coaster got stuck upside down in a looping once, for about 2 hours if memory serves me right.

Sorry for the double post, but in a launch situation especially it's very hard to get a ride to balance perfectly in a spot like that. It naturally would want to go one way or the other depending on the forces. Once again not IMPOSSIBLE, just improbable.

That's one of those "nearly impossible" scenarios (which do happen), but I'm sure they would take a crane and give it a pull one direction of the other. It would be a PR nightmare, but it's an easily remedied problem usually. Really the worst case scenario is a train with a bad wheel that stops it it an inversion. It's very rare though.

This has just gave me a flashback of Beverly Hills Cop 3. :faint:

Sorry for the double post, but in a launch situation especially it's very hard to get a ride to balance perfectly in a spot like that. It naturally would want to go one way or the other depending on the forces. Once again not IMPOSSIBLE, just improbable.

If everybody on board was to sway their weight back and forth, nudging the train forward, would the brakes still work?

I know this seems like a really stupid question but are the brakes designed to work the second it senses a train passing regardless of how long has passed, or does it know roughly when it should expect a train coming.

If everybody on board was to sway their weight back and forth, nudging the train forward, would the brakes still work?

I know this seems like a really stupid question but are the brakes designed to work the second it senses a train passing regardless of how long has passed, or does it know roughly when it should expect a train coming.
Trim brakes, if I am not mistaken, are connected to a sensor and are merely for speed control. Holding brakes only catch on when the system demands it. I think most brakes function as both as well, so the midcourse trims excess speed and holds in case the course is not clear.

In theory (if everything is right) shifting the weight or even a gust of wind would get it going. As it was for TTD all they did was have a mechanic give it a push forward which is dangerous because when the train starts moving the could get pulled over with it.

The brakes are basically "always engaged" on a coaster so if there is a power failure it will stop. It''s only with power that brakes retract or release.

In theory (if everything is right) shifting the weight or even a gust of wind would get it going. As it was for TTD all they did was have a mechanic give it a push forward which is dangerous because when the train starts moving the could get pulled over with it.

The brakes are basically "always engaged" on a coaster so if there is a power failure it will stop. It''s only with power that brakes retract or release.
In Efteling, the Python coaster once got stuck, they opened the restraints to evacuate and then the coaster moved again, luckily everyone managed to close their restraints again.

It is, but it's the only safe way to do it and usually only happens on very cold or very windy mornings before the wheel grease warms up.

I bet Universal does not rely on a computer to "get it right". If I were in charge of making sure the car and the guest didn't contact anything I want a mockup to physically prove it. Remember we sent a craft to Mars and missed due to a error in units.

In any case they have a ton of plumbing to run before anything goes out on the track. At least a month.

I bet Universal does not rely on a computer to "get it right". If I were in charge of making sure the car and the guest didn't contact anything I want a mockup to physically prove it. Remember we sent a craft to Mars and missed due to a error in units.

In any case they have a ton of plumbing to run before anything goes out on the track. At least a month.
True, i hope the ride is open between June or July only time i can go.

John Wardley once asked Walter Bolliger: "What if the coaster stalls? How will we get the trains back to the station?". Bolliger replied: "Our coasters never stall. They always work perfectly the first time."

I don't know of any B&M coaster that has ever had a pull through.

John Wardley once asked Walter Bolliger: "What if the coaster stalls? How will we get the trains back to the station?". Bolliger replied: "Our coasters never stall. They always work perfectly the first time."

I don't know of any B&M coaster that has ever had a pull through.

Yep im from England and moved to Orlando a year ago still the best ride in england. you dont know where your going on the ride and i mean that

Reactions: Scott W.

Dude these rides are tested extensively in modeling under a range of simulated conditions. Computer modeling and simulation is the difference between an Arrow ride and B&M. B&M (not Universal) tests this all. Pull throughs, if they occur, happen for several different reasons including clearance, water dummies, etc etc.