Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yep im from England and moved to Orlando a year ago still the best ride in england. you dont know where your going on the ride and i mean that

It's one of the all time greats.

Talking about testing, minus the launch which we don't really know for certain what's happening, it should be almost ready. Mako was testing 35 days after track completion. Hulk had the track complete 32 days ago and has the same number of brakes but doesn't have trim brakes to install.

It's one of the all time greats.

Talking about testing, minus the launch which we don't really know for certain what's happening, it should be almost ready. Mako was testing 35 days after track completion. Hulk had the track complete 32 days ago and has the same number of brakes but doesn't have trim brakes to install.

very true, but looking at how much they still have to do with the cobra roll only half way done. so either this weekend or next weekend we will see testing. but im thinking they will do the testing at night
Cg1YjAHUcAEN77F.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27
Sorry for the double post, but in a launch situation especially it's very hard to get a ride to balance perfectly in a spot like that. It naturally would want to go one way or the other depending on the forces. Once again not IMPOSSIBLE, just improbable.

I missed a rollback on Dragster by one car once. We were sitting in the brakes when you could hear everyone yell. Turned around, and sure enough, the train behind us was starting to roll backwards. I was so sad. lol

I bet Universal does not rely on a computer to "get it right". If I were in charge of making sure the car and the guest didn't contact anything I want a mockup to physically prove it. Remember we sent a craft to Mars and missed due to a error in units.

In any case they have a ton of plumbing to run before anything goes out on the track. At least a month.

At this point, they all rely on computers to get it right. They don't do pull throughs, but they do still do envelope tests. Or at least B&M was still doing them a couple years ago. I'd assume they still do. And they have to run so many cycles before they are allowed to put guests on it. But I'm not aware of any coaster company that still manually pulls their cars through a cycle.

Reactions: Ryno27 and JoeCamel
I missed a rollback on Dragster by one car once. We were sitting in the brakes when you could hear everyone yell. Turned around, and sure enough, the train behind us was starting to roll backwards. I was so sad. lol

At this point, they all rely on computers to get it right. They don't do pull throughs, but they do still do envelope tests. Or at least B&M was still doing them a couple years ago. I'd assume they still do. And they have to run so many cycles before they are allowed to put guests on it. But I'm not aware of any coaster company that still manually pulls their cars through a cycle.

The only company I can think of that still does is Disney with the SDMT.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
The only company I can think of that still does is Disney with the SDMT.

I imagine any place where a coaster has hand done buildings, rock work, props, etc. would do a pull thru. Because while the coasters are modeled perfectly there is still error when hand work is done (i.e. rock work). If DK is a true family coaster I guarantee they do a pull thru, because again, hand work will be done around the coaster itself.

Think about Teebin's story with Kong and how a ramp caused them issues. Because again, it is hand done and may have not been done to spec.

John Wardley once asked Walter Bolliger: "What if the coaster stalls? How will we get the trains back to the station?". Bolliger replied: "Our coasters never stall. They always work perfectly the first time."

I don't know of any B&M coaster that has ever had a pull through.

Slightly off topic (sorry!) but there has been one B&M that has stalled, Shambhala at PortAventura stalled a while ago.

th720_566dc2c77c6e6fdc9708ad52c89024e3.jpg

th720_20e90098f0a595470943d5b6f80c8dd4.PNG

Reactions: Scott W.
Slightly off topic (sorry!) but there has been one B&M that has stalled, Shambhala at PortAventura stalled a while ago.

th720_566dc2c77c6e6fdc9708ad52c89024e3.jpg

th720_20e90098f0a595470943d5b6f80c8dd4.PNG
In a way that doesn't surprise me, that coaster is so high and the swoops are so long I am sure it must be affected by the wind coming in off the Med

They stall out (or valley) on a fairly regular basis. The question pertaining to Hulk was could it got stuck in the inversion after the launch.

I know this seems like a really stupid question but are the brakes designed to work the second it senses a train passing regardless of how long has passed, or does it know roughly when it should expect a train coming.

The brakes are designed by default to be closed, in the stop or slow down the train position. The power supplied to them is to open or release them. That way, even in the event of total system or power failure, the train will stop at the next brake run.

The brakes are designed by default to be closed, in the stop or slow down the train position. The power supplied to them is to open or release them. That way, even in the event of total system or power failure, the train will stop at the next brake run.
Most things if not all things in theme parks are designed to fail safe

Reactions: JoeCamel