Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really don't think Universal will wait 5-10 before starting construction on the third park. A new park will bring in way more money than IOA upgrades.

Okay, still working on a big video with lots of ride test footage and construction update, but while we wait, here's something you may find interesting. At around a minute into this video I ask the workers about the lessened roar. (Let me know if you can't understand what was said and maybe I'll write a transcript.) I kind of pretended the camera was off.

The video is unlisted. Posted it pretty much just to share here with you guys. I think the roar sounds fine, and I like how doesn't intrude on other areas of the park as much as it used to, well until it's filled with screaming people that is. But when you're right under it, it's still roaring outta that launch tunnel.

Yeah, I'm really starting to see they could spend another 5-10yrs in upgrades in Ioa alone (let alone universal) before opening another park.

IOA and USF will be at a much better condition by the time the third gate opens (which has been rumored of a possible 2020/2021 opening) that they can handle themselves. Especially considering if its 2020; they can make sure that both sides get enough favoring by the crowds (UONorth {USF, IOA and VB} and UOSouth {Gate 3}).

But, this shouldn't be the place to speak of it, as there is a much better thread to talk about it.

Universal Resort Expansion? | Page 167 | Orlando United Forums

Okay, still working on a big video with lots of ride test footage and construction update, but while we wait, here's something you may find interesting. At around a minute into this video I ask the workers about the lessened roar. (Let me know if you can't understand what was said and maybe I'll write a transcript.) I kind of pretended the camera was off.

The video is unlisted. Posted it pretty much just to share here with you guys. I think the roar sounds fine, and I like how doesn't intrude on other areas of the park as much as it used to, well until it's filled with screaming people that is. But when you're right under it, it's still roaring outta that launch tunnel.

As far as I can tell..they said of the roar coming from the bridge, overshadowing the rest of the land. I can be wrong about that; but that's what I think i'm hearing correcting.

As far as I can tell..they said of the roar coming from the bridge, overshadowing the rest of the land. I can be wrong about that; but that's what I think i'm hearing correcting.
I think he was referring to the Marvel bridge, directly under the launch. The roar would've been loudest there, and he said parents couldn't hear their kids when walking by.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush

Great work as always, the interaction with the "creatives" was classic!

Reactions: Alicia
Once again Alicia, you film just what I want to see and hear. Why those guys were so secretive about the sand is beyond me. They did put sand in them in case anyone wonders. Were those weathervanes always present at the launch? I am satisfied at the sound now... and the whirring of the launch wheels as they pick up speed.
I'm thinking the weathervanes are for testing. I could be wrong, but I swear they were testing the launch at (minutely) different speeds throughout the day. The weathervanes might help with their fine-tuning.

I think a good part of the reason I like visiting UOR is the people watching aspect. Just seeing the reactions HP fans have when they first see The Harry Potter areas....I enjoy the mornings when heading down a fairly empty Springfield and seeing parents growing to 'Do the Bart Man'.

One of the things up there for me is seeing the reaction of guest when the Hulk roars by. I won't know what that will look like when the Hulk returns (and to me, the roar had nothing to do with riding the coaster...it was more about how it intimidated or excited guest that have not riding yet).

So just saying I can respect folks being apprehensive of how this will change the personality of IOA.

I really do not care so much, I do hope some of these updates lead to more nighttime hours (as that would more than make up the lowering of the volume of the roar) and I will still enjoy the parks, but I get why some think something was lost.

I think a good part of the reason I like visiting UOR is the people watching aspect. Just seeing the reactions HP fans have when they first see The Harry Potter areas....I enjoy the mornings when heading down a fairly empty Springfield and seeing parents growing to 'Do the Bart Man'.

One of the things up there for me is seeing the reaction of guest when the Hulk roars by. I won't know what that will look like when the Hulk returns (and to me, the roar had nothing to do with riding the coaster...it was more about how it intimidated or excited guest that have not riding yet).

So just saying I can respect folks being apprehensive of how this will change the personality of IOA.

I really do not care so much, I do hope some of these updates lead to more nighttime hours (as that would more than make up the lowering of the volume of the roar) and I will still enjoy the parks, but I get why some think something was lost.
I agree with your sentiments, but in my video above, they specifically told me lowering the roar was not done with the intention of extending park hours... The noise restrictions would still be in effect since people screaming on the coaster can actually be heard farther away than the roar... For example, Rip Ride Rockit makes virtually no noise, but the people on it can be heard for miles.

I think the lack of roar will definitely help outdoor vendors. I knew many of which hated working near the Hulk because of the awkward pauses they had to do to wait for the coaster to pass.

I do, however, expect Universal to install speakers at the mouth of the cannon as well as by the bridge to simulate the roar. The subwoofers used by Transformers really pump up the serious aura in the area.

I agree with your sentiments, but in my video above, they specifically told me lowering the roar was not done with the intention of extending park hours... The noise restrictions would still be in effect since people screaming on the coaster can actually be heard farther away than the roar... For example, Rip Ride Rockit makes virtually no noise, but the people on it can be heard for miles.

Thanks for that! I hadn't seen your post w/ the video at the time I left the message.

I didn't mean to imply that a quieter roar would be to allow later hours...my thoughts are more along the lines of...Hulk has headlights, Kong looks like it has a great lighting package, the artwork for VB looks like the park would be cool at night....we tend to have our longest stay when we visit for HHN...I think it would be cool if they kept IOA open later than they do now on HHN nights as the Studios closes earlier...I just feel like the most recent changes look to point to later hours...so I was sort of trying to say that if I am able to see IOA more often at night....then I would quickly forget about what the roar use to sound like.

Reactions: Alicia