Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Used at the preview centre to countdown to the opening of IOA. Was the biggest hourglass in the world at the time, I believe.

hourglass1.jpg

I'm sure there was another or maybe this one was moved to where the guest drop off and security is just now in the large circle that connects the walkways to the car parks and CityWalk.

Some more I beams have been put up. Taken from Screamscape FB page.

1901306_10153965514582464_914001064154794313_n.jpg

Reactions: Ryno27
Really don't want to get upset. But technically summer doesn't start until June 20/21. They are not going to wait this long to open right. I mean they're almost done..

Really don't want to get upset. But technically summer doesn't start until June 20/21. They are not going to wait this long to open right. I mean they're almost done..
See above, theres a picture of a supports with no track on.

While they are nearly done tracking, they need to get the trains running, which I'd assume have a certain number of test runs to perform before the ride receives the necessary Heath and Safety sign offs. Also, I'd assume initially this is done out of hours to avoid the public being in the way.

Reactions: JoeCamel
They have the rest of this month and all of April and may. I'm betting on the end of may, my trip is June 11-15. I'm really gonna be bummed out if hulk and kong aren't open. I've made the plans already so yeah it's really going 2 suck if they're not.

Used at the preview centre to countdown to the opening of IOA. Was the biggest hourglass in the world at the time, I believe.

hourglass1.jpg

I'm sure there was another or maybe this one was moved to where the guest drop off and security is just now in the large circle that connects the walkways to the car parks and CityWalk.

Some more I beams have been put up. Taken from Screamscape FB page.

1901306_10153965514582464_914001064154794313_n.jpg

Yeah, there was a similar one in that big rotunda.

I think end of May, but for those that say they are almost done, they really are not. Mako's track is complete and they still have a good amount of work before the first train can go on. After the track is complete all the brakes and everything else needs installed. Then they have a bunch of tests, then finally the coaster runs. But they have to run that coaster a bunch and slowly add more and more coasters to the run. So I think end of May. I can see Kong soft opening before Hulk to be honest with you.

This may be an echo, but I hope that if Metal Detectors have to stay that they take this opportunity to theme them and make them appear more permanent.
It is really not that difficult to make those the part of the show when you are entering a militant research lab.

Reactions: Mad Dog
not having been on hulk, but having watched 2 b&m's over the past few years.. Banshee's track was completed February 1st, the first trains arrived February 4, the first train rolled on March 15th, the first people got on April 2 and it opened to the public April 18. Diamondback, Mako's B&M cousin had the last piece of track installed the last week of January, first train rolled February 26th, opened to the public on April 18. Hopefully Hulk takes a similar time frame -> Track compete in the next week, first train rolls mid- late April, people mid to late May :) But, depends on station and launch tube and the Florida certification process which from what I have heard is similar to Ohio.

Reactions: devinp267
So much depends on where the queue redo is right now. We haven't received a clue on that yet. That has to be one of the most secretive Universal constructions we've encountered in a while. No one's talking it seems. Anyone in the know has been keeping the info to themselves.

Reactions: IzzyB
So much depends on where the queue redo is right now. We haven't received a clue on that yet. That has to be one of the most secretive Universal constructions we've encountered in a while. No one's talking it seems. Anyone in the know has been keeping the info to themselves.
Agreed, but I'd have to think that regardless of where the queue construction is, it should be completed by the time the trains are running the track. The point I intend to make is that I wouldn't expect queue construction to delay opening.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Agreed, but I'd have to think that regardless of where the queue construction is, it should be completed by the time the trains are running the track. The point I intend to make is that I wouldn't expect queue construction to delay opening.
I agree. I'd like to think so. But the silence of info is deafening.

Reactions: IzzyB

Part of me is starting to have some low expectations for the queue.

Why? You've seen absolutely none of it. :lol:

Because none of whats been built yet that we can see suggests that anything is really new. I think the footers and track were in such a bad state that it was cheaper to rebuild the whole thing than repair it which has maybe fooled us into thinking that something major is happening.

If I'm wrong, I'll be delighted that we'll have something new and cool to experience.

Because none of whats been built yet that we can see suggests that anything is really new. I think the footers and track were in such a bad state that it was cheaper to rebuild the whole thing than repair it which has maybe fooled us into thinking that something major is happening.

If I'm wrong, I'll be delighted that we'll have something new and cool to experience.

I think you should read their description of the work again:

"We want to let you know that The Incredible Hulk Coaster will be getting some great, new enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles and overall experience."

"I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at plans for The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and I can tell you the overall experience is going to feel more immersive and high-tech. But don’t worry—the attraction will still have the same “Incredible” personality that makes it one of America’s most popular coasters."

Considering the queue is where the immersive and story stuff is, I think you can be sure that there's big changes inside.

I wouldn't say "not a clue". back at the begining of construction it was posted that there will be 65" glassesless 3D screens and a bunch of others throughout the queue so I expect it to be entertaining. I'm gonna need it standing in that huge line.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
I think you should read their description of the work again:

"We want to let you know that The Incredible Hulk Coaster will be getting some great, new enhancements to its storyline, ride vehicles and overall experience."

"I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at plans for The Incredible Hulk Coaster, and I can tell you the overall experience is going to feel more immersive and high-tech. But don’t worry—the attraction will still have the same “Incredible” personality that makes it one of America’s most popular coasters."

Considering the queue is where the immersive and story stuff is, I think you can be sure that there's big changes inside.

I stand corrected. It's been a rough start to the week so I think my pessimistic side is showing.

As long as it can distract people for long enough to forget that they can't use their phones in the queue, they'll be onto a winner.

Story wise, this should set the theme for what we can expect for MSHI as well.

Reactions: anihilnation