IOA Lagoon Show | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

IOA Lagoon Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Islands of Adventure is not show business/celebrity oriented - it's a land of adventure, storytelling, discovery, myths & monsters and the like. I don't see the need for a narrator at all. If one is required, it shouldn't be a recognizable celebrity, IMO.

Reactions: keeper
My preferences:

MSHI = Samuel L. Jackson
Toon Lagoon = Seth MacFarlane
Jurassic Park = Richard Attenborough
WWoHP = Stephen Fry
Lost Continent = Jeremy Irons
Seuss Landing = Jim Carrey
Port of Entry = Benedict Cumberbatch

My preferences:

MSHI = Samuel L. Jackson
WWoHP = Stephen Fry
I was going to do a similar thing. So here is mine:

Port of Entry = James Earl Jones
Seuss Landing = Sir Anthony Hopkins
Lost Continent = Sir Ian McKellen
WWoHP = Michael Gambon
Jurassic Park = Sir Richard Attenborough
Toon Lagoon = Harry Shearer
MSHI = Robert Downey Jr
Port of Departure = James Earl Jones again

Last edited:
My preferences:

MSHI = Samuel L. Jackson
WWoHP = Stephen Fry

I really like this list... Stephen Fry actually already narrates the HP videogames :thumbs:

I could see nearly this entire show being projection mapped. Some concepts for your reading pleasure:

• Just before the show begins, an announcer asked guests to find a viewing spot, as much of the park lighting will be dimmed for the duration of the show. At the start of the show, the lighting is turned down so particularly that the tall buildings disappear. Our narrator starts "There has always been a lighthouse." The lighthouse shines bright across the lagoon, and is seen as a lone structure in the park. (Need an epic start)
  • Spidey swings across the lagoon-side buildings. Hulk glows a radioactive green while the spires of Doom spark with electricity.
  • We hear the stomp of a T-rex, and the entire lagoon ripples. Another stomp. Ripples. BOOM. Ripples. ROOOOAR! The shadow of a T-rex is seen across the whole facade of the Discovery Center.
  • Zeus and Poseidon battle on Mythos.

There's not a lot of physical objects to project onto, let alone ones that are visible from all viewing locations. Any kind of show would need a central focal point, so screens would probably be needed.

Reactions: Felipe
If they do go ahead with a new night time show for IOA I hope it is better than USF's. Both my self and daughter were really looking forward to seeing it, both of us felt it was poor. For me it just does not gel. fireworks, lasers, fountains and the screens all look very pretty but dont work together, it all seems a bit of a rushed mish mash of a show with no cohesion.

If they do go ahead with a new night time show for IOA I hope it is better than USF's. Both my self and daughter were really looking forward to seeing it, both of us felt it was poor. For me it just does not gel. fireworks, lasers, fountains and the screens all look very pretty but dont work together, it all seems a bit of a rushed mish mash of a show with no cohesion.
I agree all the components are there but the story-line, flow and choreography could be much better.

I could see nearly this entire show being projection mapped. Some concepts for your reading pleasure:

• Just before the show begins, an announcer asked guests to find a viewing spot, as much of the park lighting will be dimmed for the duration of the show. At the start of the show, the lighting is turned down so particularly that the tall buildings disappear. Our narrator starts "There has always been a lighthouse." The lighthouse shines bright across the lagoon, and is seen as a lone structure in the park. (Need an epic start)
  • Spidey swings across the lagoon-side buildings. Hulk glows a radioactive green while the spires of Doom spark with electricity.
  • We hear the stomp of a T-rex, and the entire lagoon ripples. Another stomp. Ripples. BOOM. Ripples. ROOOOAR! The shadow of a T-rex is seen across the whole facade of the Discovery Center.

There's not a lot of physical objects to project onto, let alone ones that are visible from all viewing locations. Any kind of show would need a central focal point, so screens would probably be needed.

Make it so.

But it's far and away the best nighttime show they've done at UOR. They're headed in the right direction. Every show from here on out will be better. They're experimenting all the time.

Make it so.

I hope something like that comes. The origin story is too good not to use in the show.

Personally, a fireworks show mixed with lasers and fountains will do justice. Just use the themes from the respective lands and a narrator of caliber to execute it.
Same level of thinking I was thinking. Not anything 4th of July-ish but you know something up in the air for people to see from different viepoints with amazing sounds could work. Was looking for someone to say this lol. Fountans could be on the level of BaySide Staidum shows at Sea World Orlando. Shooting high in the air and on different water pressures and lighting.

I want to see Sets and live action that represent an "adventure" from every island. IOA needs it's own "fantasmic".

Those concepts are quite good :thumbs:

Love this one. Seeing the whole lagoon ripple would be really cool. :thumbs:

[video=youtube_share;REjO3Y6SXmI]http://youtu.be/REjO3Y6SXmI[/video]

I just found this clip for another thread, and I figured why not post it here! This contains a few ideas posted here already, and they did this when the park opened! Just imagine what it could be now! I was thrilled to watch this while thinking of this thread and some of the stuff said.

Reactions: Felipe