Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Pokémon replacing Spider-Man at USJ?

Sorry to double post, but I think the New York City area of the park is a complete goner. Or at the very least most of it (Spider-Man, Terminator 3D, Finnegans Bar, Louies, Gramercy Park, and the Souvenir Shop). I'd expect the whole area to be walled off soon, there's no real point in having that area open anymore (nothing there). That whole section of the park will get turned into Pokemon.

Sorry to double post, but I think the New York City area of the park is a complete goner. Or at the very least most of it (Spider-Man, Terminator 3D, Finnegans Bar, Louies, Gramercy Park, and the Souvenir Shop). I'd expect the whole area to be walled off soon, there's no real point in having that area open anymore (nothing there). That whole section of the park will get turned into Pokemon.
There is a Detective Conan live show replacing T2:3D.

Also pretty sure it’s a major part of their parade route. The parade is a wildly popular show there

It's really funny how much people on here advocate for adding more anime attractions to USJ, then when they do add an anime attraction, basically no one knows anything about it, despite it being one of Japan's most popular shows for three decades.
Probably because anime is more a Japan mainstream thing than a US thing. Very very niche, a popular niche, but still just a niche here in US. I don't think there's many IU forum regular commentators that live in Japan, just a handful.

Probably because anime is more a Japan mainstream thing than a US thing. Very very niche, a popular niche, but still just a niche here in US. I don't think there's many IU forum commentators that live in Japan.
I was not commenting on the popularity of anime, but on the assumption that the popularity of a Japanese cultural export internationally equates to its popularity within its home country.

It's way more than a niche.

I was not commenting on the popularity of anime, but on the assumption that there is parity between the popularity of a Japanese cultural export internationally equating to its popularity within its home country.

It's way more than a niche.
Besides Pokemon, which is much more than just anime, I don't think there's much that the general public in the US, beyond a very enthusiastic niche and demographic, is very familiar with. Like the Conan example....most everyone, the first thing that comes to mind is Conan the Barbarian(like Mike said), even though Conan is wildly popular and known in Japan, stop people in the street in the US and ask them about the Conan anime...bet the answer is , What's that?

Besides Pokemon, which is much more than just anime, I don't think there's much that the general public in the US, beyond a very enthusiastic niche and demographic, is very familiar with. Like the Conan example....most everyone, the first thing that comes to mind is Conan the Barbarian(like Mike said), even though Conan is wildly popular and known in Japan, stop people in the street in the US and ask them about the Conan anime...bet the answer is , What's that?
And I’ve never actually sat down and watched it myself (yet)! :lol:

Other than Pokémon I’d argue that Dragonball Z, Yu-Gi-Oh (at least with older folks my age), Attack on Titan, and My Hero Academia would be fairly well known. At least it seems so from my perspective.

Also, manga sells more in America than most comics from Marvel and DC. A LOT more.

Last edited: