Journey to Atlantis | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey to Atlantis

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been trying to find some history on Journey to Atlantis ride. Any one fill me in on who made it?

I would hazard a that it's an Intamin ride, but I could be well out on this one. Someone point me in the right direction please.

Back in High School 2000 I went on a Marine Biology trip to SW. We get a grade just for having fun and worth skippi err the whole school day off :)

Closed for seasonal maintenance . . .

JtA-001.jpg

JtA-002.jpg

JtA-003.jpg

JtA-004.jpg

JtA-005.jpg

JtA-006.jpg

Ride is scheduled to reopen February 2nd.

Closed yet again for annual maintenance. This one is scheduled for a month longer than normal, so maybe Manby got them to actually fix the ride and not just bare-minimum maintenance.

Reactions: anihilnation
Closed yet again for annual maintenance. This one is scheduled for a month longer than normal, so maybe Manby got them to actually fix the ride and not just bare-minimum maintenance.

That bodes well. Rode it last month and the effects were almost non-existent.

I don't think you'll find them online but here's a description of the original stuff. It's an excerpt from an old thrillride.com page. Basically, there's a guy (the one in the first scene) who is warnng everyone not to go on to Atlantis cause of a curse and stuff. It gives some context to the whole ride. The whole page does the ride justice by describing how it was close to opening day.

As we walk through the village, overhead monitors telecast the newsfeed. Experts are at a loss to explain this miraculous event and one fellow in particular, an old Greek fisherman, is supremely agitated about the whole thing. Stavros is his handle, and he has only this to say: Keep Out. Seems there's something bad hidden behind the city's walls, and we don't want to mess with it. "It" turns out to be an evil Siren known as Allura, an ethereal goddess who plans to use her seductive charms to lure us into Atlantis... and to Our Doom.

" 'Evil spirits,' " we mutter, "yeah, whatever, ya loony codger..." Disregarding his admonitions like the fools we are, we board our eight-person boat and set sail for adventure, already victims of Allura's malevolent powers. This is your last chance to stow yer valuables, my friends, and you better stow 'em good.
Here's the rest of the page: ThrillRide!

I'm at Seaworld today and Atlantis is back open, but the Antarctica ride is now closed for refurb until the 15th of Feb. Physical effects in Atlantis all seemed to be up and working, but I did notice some missing audio still.

I'm at Seaworld today and Atlantis is back open, but the Antarctica ride is now closed for refurb until the 15th of Feb. Physical effects in Atlantis all seemed to be up and working, but I did notice some missing audio still.
I doubt they will ever really fix that ride. Honestly, there were probably many effects not working, but you didn't notice them not working because they never work.

On another note, this is the refurb I referenced a few months ago where the by-pass to go straight to the exhibit will be built. I also heard the fog effects in the first screen room might be returning.

Reactions: anihilnation
I doubt they will ever really fix that ride. Honestly, there were probably many effects not working, but you didn't notice them not working because they never work.

On another note, this is the refurb I referenced a few months ago where the by-pass to go straight to the exhibit will be built. I also heard the fog effects in the first screen room might be returning.

Sadly you're probably right. Pitty really, because it is a ride that could be sublime with proper attention and TLC.

Really hope they bring back the fog in Antarctica.

Reactions: Scott W.
Oh no! I didn't realize that was closing. I guess I better warn my kids. Can you still see the penguins?

Oh no! I didn't realize that was closing. I guess I better warn my kids. Can you still see the penguins?
I would be willing to bet that the exit doors will be open as a temporary entrance to the exhibit. There's no reason for them not too keep the exhibit open as the actual construction will be on the ride path and queue.