June 21 Announcement | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

June 21 Announcement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something I am curious about if they are going to announce changes coming to CW besides the Hotel is if they bring something like the NBC Sports Grill Brew to our CW; to synergize with NBC in a way and as apart of the potential CW Expansion.

Last edited by a moderator:
...who says they both have to be the same size?  ;)

Fair point. :mellow:

To me, I hope that they announce something Nintendo-Related to Citywalk; as I think something like Nintendo NY would do some interesting turnabouts for the GP.

Would really like to see a hotel in the old Fung Lum spot as well as a retheme of Jurassic Park to Jurassic World.

But due to the closeness between the 2, it would be great if the new hotel were themed to Jurassic World and maybe somehow stretched over a bit to cover up the parking garage. Would make that area tie together a lot more.

Reactions: Dylan Beck
Most likely secret life of pets...I honestly don't know if they would retime Jurassic Park to Jurassic World. Just seems kind of a stretch to me. Same for theming any hotel after a movie.

Most likely secret life of pets...I honestly don't know if they would retime Jurassic Park to Jurassic World. Just seems kind of a stretch to me. Same for theming any hotel after a movie.

Universal almost tried to do a Film-based hotel; just themed more on the Golden Era of Film in Orlando back in the day's of GE existing; being the special people that they were..

http://parkrumors.com/universals-silverscreen-resort/

As for the conversion of JP to JW; it makes total sense. It also connects to a rumor heard on OU that they'd be dealing with a 8 month closure of JPRA over there in December for a total Revamp; much like what people have wanted for USH's edition. And considering how bad both of those ride's shapes are; it makes sense.

I'm expecting Secret Life of Pets, since it would be two weeks before the movie opens and could serve to drum up extra publicity for the movie. A hotel would be awesome to see. I would be most excited about something Jurassic Park related but I'm not holding out for it. I suppose I'll set expectations low and the greater chances are of being surprised. 

SLOP construction is going to happen really soon. Once construction starts Team Members are going to be bombarded with questions from guests about what is being built, and they need to have answers. The time is right for a SLOP announcement.

Reactions: Alexshow.
The park really needs a hotel/resort. Hopefully it'll be one of the announcements on Tuesday. If/when they do decide to build a hotel/resort, I wonder if they will stick with Lowe's or will they go with someone else.

I would be totally happy if all they announced for the theme park on that day is that they will have plastic cards now for the passes. 

Or better yet, all grab-n-go locations will be open for more than two hours. People will loose their minds over that alone!

Reactions: Rideguy70
I would take a plastic cards for passes announcement over SLoP any day. Maybe even a resort hotel. That would honestly make me praise Uni for finally listening.  

Would it be bad to say that I think that they may not make that big deal for if/when they start the Plastic Passes for USH?

The park really needs a hotel/resort. Hopefully it'll be one of the announcements on Tuesday. If/when they do decide to build a hotel/resort, I wonder if they will stick with Lowe's or will they go with someone else.

That, is what makes me curious.