Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm Fine with it...I doubt I will dislike the ride now....and if you really do hate, then thank you for making the line 5 mins less. lol

Yeah, I probably won't care as long as they keep the jokes rolling. It does feel like they are dumbing it down, which, considering some of the jokes, is saying something. I mean, it's simply a boat through the jungle. It doesn't need backstory. Then, just remove the parts that are considered offensive and move on.

Reactions: belloq87
They are really doing everything they can to get away from the "colonialism" that is the heart of Adventureland. It's needed and welcome, but it will feel a little forced as they try to disentangle the past from the world we live in now.

The same thing is happening with BGT as they update themed lands from real places that were part of the west's exploitation of Africa and other former colonies. When you reduce a culture to stereotypes and glorify the western world's imprint on those places it is quite problematic.

Reactions: Clive
as they try to rid the colonialism angle in Adventureland , in the past three years they put a new expensive bar/restaurant in AK that is basically a copy of a Gentlemen's Officer Club from colonial Africa, without specifically saying that's what it is. Quite ironic, and contradictory.

as they try to rid the colonialism angle in Adventureland , in the past three years they put a new expensive bar/restaurant in AK that is basically a copy of a Gentlemen's Officer Club from colonial Africa, without specifically saying that's what it is. Quite ironic, and contradictory.

It does feel like they're trying to have it both ways.

It does feel like they're trying to have it both ways.
I mean, having been to Africa, a lot of the Safari places lean into the aesthetic while eschewing the icky parts. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, and getting rid of the overt racism in the JC scenes is good.

The problem for me is WDI just cannot help putting way more unnecessary lore into rides with simple, straight forward premises

I think the power of the non movie inspired rides Disney created was in the fact you could create your own story. Now everything needs to be explained and have synergie with a movie or tv ip the company owns and it's sucking the life out of these rides and killing the one element that made them unique.

I think that, in some ways, it suggests that Imagineering believes that we're too ignorant and thus need it dumbed down. Again, if they want to remove Trader Sam or other caricatures, I can see that. Just put in something different. A new gag. Doesn't need millions dumped into this due to overthinking.

They're really hyping this up :lol:
Working on a ride while it's open seems like bad show, unless all the work is somehow being done offsite.

This is the thing with Universal, they never release a billion different articles that make you feel like the internal process behind a ride is strange. Why emphasize new characters if you can add them piecemeal to the ride without affecting the guest experience?

Working on a ride while it's open seems like bad show, unless all the work is somehow being done offsite.

This is the thing with Universal, they never release a billion different articles that make you feel like the internal process behind a ride is strange. Why emphasize new characters if you can add them piecemeal to the ride without affecting the guest experience?
The ride will be worked on overnight, i'd bet on that. They're probably just alluding to you may see some work walls for a bit or something like that.

The ride will be worked on overnight, i'd bet on that. They're probably just alluding to you may see some work walls for a bit or something like that.

I assume you're right on the money here. Didn't they do this when Haunted Mansion added the Hatbox Ghost in Disneyland?

I assume you're right on the money here. Didn't they do this when Haunted Mansion added the Hatbox Ghost in Disneyland?
There was a themed scrim put up for a bit while they did the install

Hopefully the same sort of thing happens here, or they add new things that have been tested offsite overnight