Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 471 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems just like yesterday we were complaining about Universal moving game booths from Lost Continent into Jurassic Park. Time sure flies by.

There were booths in Lost Continent?? Man, I'm too young to keep up with all of this! :)

Judging by how fast they’re moving along with all this, I’m assuming that this will be ready for 2020 and not 2021 as some people thought?

If the brewing theory is one attraction per year, with HP this year, Bourne/T2 replacement next year, it may still be 2021. Then again, maybe there are other reasons for getting this coaster in faster. Refurbs/retheming elsewhere?

Reactions: Magic-Man
If the brewing theory is one attraction per year, with HP this year, Bourne/T2 replacement next year, it may still be 2021. Then again, maybe there are other reasons for getting this coaster in faster. Refurbs/retheming elsewhere?

I don't see anyway how this isn't open in 2020, and how T2 isn't open this year.

What's the purpose of removing the games? Is it to open up the walkway since the left side is likely to shrink while work is going on, or is it something else?

Reactions: Alicia
What's the purpose of removing the games? Is it to open up the walkway since the left side is likely to shrink while work is going on, or is it something else?
That's it! And maybe to add an exit for new Raptor Encounter, but I think fire safety was number one reason. Once the work walls go up around the Trike plot, that walkway is going to get tight.

Also, all kiosks in the area are either being relocated or remaining... except one...

This monstrosity is being leveled and not retained as far as I've heard, thankfully:

Finally! The death of the “Trip Planning” booth! Now let’s kill the one by MIB

But how will guests know about Blue Man Group! (In Oct we walked past this with Mike and Ann and there was a dude pushing dinging plan hard, super uncomfortable)

If the bridge goes, then I wonder if they will reopen the lower areas of JP again... hmmm

I'm guessing never as they'll be removed.

Anyway.....

Potter & T2: 2019
JP Coaster/VB?: 2020
USF?/??: 2021
Fantastic Worlds: 2022

But how will guests know about Blue Man Group! (In Oct we walked past this with Mike and Ann and there was a dude pushing dinging plan hard, super uncomfortable)

I'm guessing never as they'll be removed.

Anyway.....

Potter & T2: 2019
JP Coaster/VB?: 2020
USF?/??: 2021
Fantastic Worlds: 2022

They’re building a good defence against everything Disney has coming.

What a time to be a theme park fan.

So, this kind of means that people dining outside at the 3 Broomsticks will be watching velociraptors wizzing by. That is something to ponder...

And they also, right now, watch and hear Hulk too. So...

They’re building a good defence against everything Disney has coming.

What a time to be a theme park fan.

"We", royal we, like to look at what is known-ish then extrapolate. But when there is smoke there is usually fire. I have no doubt that the Universal parks are accelerating after ten years of growth, I just hope Disney continues their growth after less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.