Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 546 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that people forget that Disney is not the only competitor that Universal has. They also compete with Sea World and Bush Gardens for coaster enthusiasts. This will help them retain and/or bring in new customers.
Would put good money on Universal not thinking either of those places are competition. Coaster enthusiast is probably low on their customer outreach too.

Yes, that's for sure true. I was worried some folks were still under the impression that the entire Jurassic Coaster will be unthemed, but this should be a lot more themed than Hulk... but obviously much less than Hagrid.
It seemed like certain people felt that a tall coaster will be a major misstep for the park. That was more what I was trying to skewer with the sightlines joke. That was misconstrued as something to do with the level of themeing, which would insinuate that being tall means it won't be themed.

They're squeezing this ride into a pretty tight space, so I'm not sure how much rockwork or other stuff they can fit into the spaghetti bowl. Just one AA would technically make it more themed than Hulk.

Would put good money on Universal not thinking either of those places are competition. Coaster enthusiast is probably low on their customer outreach too.

Well in reality they are. Obviously not as much as Disney.....but even small percentages are big $$$ in the Florida theme park wars.

Will there be a "tube" where you will be "racing" (running from?) raptors and launched out?

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as our JP doesn't turn out like Japan's I'm fine with anything.
You mean the coaster that is one of the most popular rides in that park? Don't understand the hate it gets at all. Probably one of the best flying coasters in the world, and people here drag it because it is visually intrusive in some people's view. Again have to bring up the Hulk comparison: if Hulk is okay, Flying Dinosaur is okay. Minus the awful name, of course.

You mean the coaster that is one of the most popular rides in that park? Don't understand the hate it gets at all. Probably one of the best flying coasters in the world, and people here drag it because it is visually intrusive in some people's view. Again have to bring up the Hulk comparison: if Hulk is okay, Flying Dinosaur is okay. Minus the awful name, of course.

I love that coaster. It looks great, but I do not like what it did to the land in terms of removing all the foliage. Had they replaced the foliage, I'd be fine with it. But they turned what was a jungle into a few trees. I love big coasters, and I hope Uni continues to see them as possible additions. But, the Flying Dinosaur drastically changed the landscape of the area.

Hulk doesn't take away from the actual theming of the land, it's a showpiece out front.

All of the coaster sections that take place in the Triceratops Encounter area will be well-themed. It’s probably more than most of you are thinking.
I'm guessing the theming in the Trike area will be along the lines of the theming of the defunct BGW "Big Bad Wolf" coaster, going through the village, before it made it's decent into the lake. But it will be multi dimensional props/figures rather that cardboard like BGW.

Last edited:
Simply put: if it wasn't and isn't a problem for Hulk, it is not a problem for the coming JW coaster. Period. You knew what kind of park this was from the first moment you walked in the gate.

Stop expecting them to change the formula that has worked since 1999, and be happy the park is finally getting use out of an area that is otherwise wasted space.
I wouldn’t weep if Hulk left for an immersive Avengers ride that included an AA Hulk. For the much higher gate price of a theme park I expect more than “omg tall fast coaster.” Give experiences I can’t get at a Six Flags which I’ve been to and really wont be bothered if I never go back.
Just think of this coaster as Universal's version of Primeval Whirl.
Very good comparison as I’d like that to not be there as well.

Reactions: HPFred and belloq87
We get it, you don't like coasters.
I like them fine. Big Thunder Mountain, Everest, Space Mountain, Mummy, Gringotts even though it should’ve had more “umph” like we see in the movies, I’m sure Hagrid will be added to this list, etc.

See the pattern here? All done with more effort than “yeah you just go high and fast.”

Read the rest of my post that I added. As another add I enjoyed Nitro and El Toro when I went to Six Flags but those aren’t the types of rides I go to Disney/Universal for. I also went on King da Ka and for all the hype the ride was a complete bore that was over in a few seconds.

I'm guessing the theming in the Trike area will be along the lines of the theming of the defunct BGW "Big Bad Wolf" coaster, going through the village, before it made it's decent into the lake. But it will be multi dimensional props/figures rather that cardboard like BGW.
I've heard "cave-like" areas, jungle theming, and electric fences, all used to really separate the area from the rest of the land.

I like them fine. Big Thunder Mountain, Everest, Space Mountain, Mummy, Gringotts even though it should’ve had more “umph” like we see in the movies, I’m sure Hagrid will be added to this list, etc.

See the pattern here? All done with more effort than “yeah you just go high and fast.”

Read the rest of my post that I added. As another add I enjoyed Nitro and El Toro when I went to Six Flags but those aren’t the types of rides I go to Disney/Universal for. I also went on King da Ka and for all the hype the ride was a complete bore that was over in a few seconds.

I don't know what to tell you then besides "stop reading this thread" if each time you come in you need to say how much you hate this idea. At this point you're constantly derailing conversation to repeat the same conversation over and over again.

I don't know what to tell you then besides "stop reading this thread" if each time you come in you need to say how much you hate this idea. At this point you're constantly derailing conversation to repeat the same conversation over and over again.
I only came in to respond to this post.
Imagine all of the #SIGHTLINEZZZ people's heads collectively exploding at once. :lol:
Maybe you should tell people not to provoke a response otherwise I would’ve stuck to not posting and just looking for the photo updates.

At the end of the day, you can have your opinion (which is definitely a valid one), but when Universal decides to build a large thrill coaster in a resort that has had four of them over the years, you cannot be mad at them. It's literally what they've been doing for a long time, and it works .

Status
Not open for further replies.