Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 547 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This coaster is gonna make me stay longer, come more often and spend more money when I fly in from the UK, which I’m sure will please Universal.

Universal has been crying out for a new proper thrill ride for years imo. The fact that this is gonna be themed is icing on the cake. (By the sounds of things, heavily themed for the type of coaster it is?!)

I only came in to respond to this post.

Maybe you should tell people not to provoke a response otherwise I would’ve stuck to not posting and just looking for the photo updates.
Which was a joke about the height of the coaster, not the theming. You decided to make it about something it wasn't.

I think that coasters in 2019 can offer "thrill" without being 200 feet tall or having 10 inversions. I'm excited for this although I'm not crazy about the location. That being said.....IOA is a theme park and not a National Park. I have faith that Universal will theme this well and replant some of the foliage where they can. I'm just glad that it's not another darn water ride! ;)

Universal needed to change course a bit, go back to their thrill roots at IOA, and cater to that demographic. And the fact that it doesn't appear to be as flagrant to Discovery Center's sightlines as the Osaka Japan coaster, is a good thing. Also, the probability it's 'partially' themed along it's route elevates it above the Six Flags/Cedar Fair junk look. And, it does fit with the amusement park back story for IOA's Jurassic Park. I'm no fan of unthemed coasters at Universal or Disney, but this one works for me. I've gone from the "don't want it" camp, to actually "looking forward to it" camp. And, we may be underestimating it's attendance potential. The setting, the type of thrill, synergy with another JW movie, and a thirst of the Universal teen/20-30 something demo for a new thrill coaster will drive attendance significantly, especially with the locals. And I'm guessing this coaster, along with the Magical Motor Bike Tour, will result in a nice jump in Annual Pass holders. ....This is going to be a big win for IOA. :thumbsup:

I think that coasters in 2019 can offer "thrill" without being 200 feet tall or having 10 inversions. I'm excited for this although I'm not crazy about the location. That being said.....IOA is a theme park and not a National Park. I have faith that Universal will theme this well and replant some of the foliage where they can. I'm just glad that it's not another darn water ride! ;)
Except some people want a 200 ft coaster with 10 inversions.

There was a number of posters who expressed major disappointment that Hagrid's (a family coaster) was replacing Dragons specifically because it wasn't a thrill machine.

There was a number of posters who expressed major disappointment that Hagrid's (a family coaster) was replacing Dragons specifically because it wasn't a thrill machine.

I don’t think it needs to have 10 inversions, but it should still have multiple inversions to make up for the loss of two thrilling coasters.

Having a few big thrills while also being highly themed set Uni apart from Disney. Basically, I find this dichotomy people have annoying. “If Uni builds any big coasters they’ve just become Six Flags!” What made Uni so special to me was that they mixed “those type of parks” with a Disney-style experience.

When they closed Dragons I feared that they were just becoming Disney 2.0. But JP Coaster helps a lot.

Last edited:
And they have about 40-50 high quality amusement parks across the country to seek those types of thrills.....including 2 right in Florida.:cheers:

Reactions: HPFred

A pretty small demographic when you consider the low attendance in the years before highly themed additions like Harry Potter. If everyone was clamoring for Universal to have those types of rides they would’ve been there during those years and RRR would’ve been the addition that gave a huge boost.

A pretty small demographic when you consider the low attendance in the years before highly themed additions like Harry Potter. If everyone was clamoring for Universal to have those types of rides they would’ve been there during those years and RRR would’ve been the addition that gave a huge boost.

By this line of thinking, no one wants rides like Jaws and Disastser and Back to the Future either

Idk what were wait times like around the time it closed? I only went to Uni once while it was open and all I know is the area is way more packed since it became Springfield.
The area. The wait times are the same now, because the ride is the same. However, there's a lot more to do in the area now that Springfield is there. If they made a Hill Valley area with bar and eateries themed to the movies, then it'd feel exactly the same. But to say the ride is more popular is just not correct.

Wow I love how people are complaining about this conversation coming up over and over again, but those same people are the ones that poke fun at the individuals who are worried about sight lines and a lack of theming. Most of the people that were complaining about lack of theming, and the obnoxiously tall top hat have decided to hold out and see the final product.

In this thread, and in others the same people make jokes about the dichotomy and we start this conversation all over again. If you don.t want to read the same thing every month, stop poking fun! Any respectable human being is going to add something if they feel like they are being targeted. I think subconsciously you all want this conversation every month. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.