Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 553 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be heartbreaking if they trash the T-Rex. Hopefully that gets relocated, or used as a piece of scenery for the coaster. It's a piece of classic Universal, and it would be a shame to see it thrown in a dumpster or worse... sold at 500% mark-up at the prop shop.

I'm assuming that isn't the original dinosaur from when the park opened?

You could be right. I’d always assumed it was the same one from the Studios, but I have no clue what materials it was made with and who knows if something like that could survive 25+ years in the Florida heat.

You could be right. I’d always assumed it was the same one from the Studios, but I have no clue what materials it was made with and who knows if something like that could survive 25+ years in the Florida heat.
It's a foam material with a metal substructure. Definitely the same T-Rex from the boneyard at Universal back in the day. It was paired with the Ford Explorer for a photo-op.

Reactions: Alicia
Jurassicedition posted this earlier today. I'm assuming this photo op will be relocated to make way for the track. Praying this is the case. I'd hate for the original screen used pieces to disappear.

Looking through photos from 2003 and that's not the same dinosaur unless there was two.

jp 2003.jpg

Yes. Remember when the sick Triceratops was out there too? Those were the days.
My earliest Universal memory: the photo-op with the T-Rex and the walk through the boneyard. I was hooked from that moment on. That and Studio 54 were pivotal for a young movie lover. I wish Studio 54 was still a thing.

Reactions: Alicia
Looking through photos from 2003 and that's not the same dinosaur unless there was two.

View attachment 9079
They've been moving them around over the years, but the Spino and Rex are the originals. Fun side note: the Explorer is one of the screen-used vehicles. I was nerdy enough to run the VIN on it and it showed it was registered in Hawaii around the time they would've been filming on location.

They've been moving them around over the years, but the Spino and Rex are the originals. Fun side note: the Explorer is one of the screen-used vehicles. I was nerdy enough to run the VIN on it and it showed it was registered in Hawaii around the time they would've been filming on location.
All 3 are screen used. A Jeep and Explorer from the first film, and a Mercedes from The Lost World.

Yes. Remember when the sick Triceratops was out there too? Those were the days.
That always made me upset. I remember the the sick trike was originally in the Horor Makeup lobby and that an attendant was near by to keep people from touching it and had sample of the skin to touch. To see this screen used piece go from such good treatment to being thrown out in the Boneyard and exposed to the elements was not cool.

That always made me upset. I remember the the sick trike was originally in the Horor Makeup lobby and that an attendant was near by to keep people from touching it and had sample of the skin to touch. To see this screen used piece go from such good treatment to being thrown out in the Boneyard and exposed to the elements was not cool.
Yup. I remember seeing the shaving cream can with them embryos in that lobby exhibit too. Was so so cool.

Reactions: therock and Mike S
Honestly, the Explorer hasn't had the best treatment over the years either. Dented hood from allowing kids to stand on it during the photo-op, missing one of the roof lights, the awful tint job, etc. Despicable treatment for a part of movie history.

Reactions: Mike S
Now I really hate my parents for never taking me to Universal earlier in my childhood.

Mostly joking, but still.

Reactions: WillQ92
Now I really hate my parents for never taking me to Universal earlier in my childhood.

Mostly joking, but still.
Not to stay off topic too much, but the exhibit inside the Horror Make-Up lobby also had costumes for nearly every main character, Hammond's mosquito cane, one of the electric rifles from the first scene with the raptor container attack, concept art, actual shooting scripts with director's notes, and more on display — in addition to the sick triceratops in the center with studio lighting on her. Ya' know, just the most amazing thing ever for a fan of the film.

Oh, man. That really takes me back. That was so awesome as a kid.

That’s the kind of thing I really miss about the studios back in the day. It’s missing that element now.

Status
Not open for further replies.