Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 554 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t really understand why anybody would be against this project. It’s not replacing a ride. In fact, it’s replacing a dead and retired arrraction that was left to rot. This is Universals biggest franchise. It deserves the attention. Now I will agree that maybe this coaster will be an eyesore. But, it’s a small price to pay.

Reactions: anihilnation
Originally it had a massive walk-through display in a soundstage, but later a smaller version opened at Stage 54 with only some of the props and dinos, which was the one near Shrek.
I remember that, it was incredible. I've only ever been able to find pictures of it. There's a video of the Stage 54 setup on YouTube though.

Reactions: Alicia
As excited I am for a new coaster, I do feel a bit sad looking at a deforested part of the park.

It makes sense for a Jurassic World standpoint, less so as a Jurassic Park Ride.

Reactions: belloq87

Oh geez... I am trying to embed this video from Midway Mayhem. In case, I did it wrong, it is Dan's Universal update from 3/7. I'm so inexperienced with forums and embedding files. Also I am somewhat positive these videos are made by @RollermanDan!!! I am sorry if this is not giving you proper credit or if this is considered rude forum decorum. This video was done so well, like all your videos. Also, I am assuming this is ok to present here in the forum, and am sorry if its not allowed.

Now getting past my apparent forum naivety.

I was noticing the area by popeye's? Do you all think the refurbishment for popeye's will go longer as they prepare the area for the top hat? I was also curious what would that preparation would require. Does anyone have any idea?

Also, what do you all think of the possibility of Discovery Center closing and the surveys on Burger Digs??

Oh geez... I am trying to embed this video from Midway Mayhem. In case, I did it wrong, it is Dan's Universal update from 3/7. I'm so inexperienced with forums and embedding files. Also I am somewhat positive these videos are made by @RollermanDan!!! I am sorry if this is not giving you proper credit or if this is considered rude forum decorum. This video was done so well, like all your videos. Also, I am assuming this is ok to present here in the forum, and am sorry if its not allowed.

I was noticing the area by popeye's? Do you all think the refurbishment for popeye's will go longer as they prepare the area for the top hat? I was also curious what would that preparation would require. Does anyone have any idea?

Also, what do you all think of the possibility of Discovery Center closing and the surveys on Burger Digs??

It worked fine. :thumbsup:.....Thanks.

Reactions: soilsigh
I can’t really understand why anybody would be against this project. It’s not replacing a ride. In fact, it’s replacing a dead and retired arrraction that was left to rot. This is Universals biggest franchise. It deserves the attention. Now I will agree that maybe this coaster will be an eyesore. But, it’s a small price to pay.
I totally agree and sadly you can’t please everybody.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I'm sure its been brought up elsewhere, but how odd to plop a coaster in front of the Discovery Center. Seeing it across the lake is sort of iconic. I am all for a new rollercoaster but I can see how changing that sight line is disappointing.

Dan does excellent vids, I love to see any and all posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.