Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 795 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found something out and I'm not sure what and where to put it. It's involving something going on at studios and I'll only say something in the park is either being rebranded or demolished altogether. It's a major attraction area currently and some permits have apparently been filed. Can't elaborate more than that. Moderater can feel free to move this to wherever they see fit.
All of the permits that were filed today are for the south property.

There is an easy way to tell if an announcement is coming.

Is @Brian G. going on a trip any time soon?

Announcements are always made when he’s away.

Dolphins game in MIami on September 20 before 13000 fans. Seems a long time to wait for an announcement though :grin:

I just found something out and I'm not sure what and where to put it. It's involving something going on at studios and I'll only say something in the park is either being rebranded or demolished altogether. It's a major attraction area currently and some permits have apparently been filed. Can't elaborate more than that. Moderater can feel free to move this to wherever they see fit.

Wasn't there a small platform or stage being assembled in the park?

All of the permits that were filed today are for the south property.
200.gif

Just noticed that the track is installed to the brake run, but not completely finished yet. Looks like it isn't installed yet by the maintenance barn where they've been loading in the trains. Just an observation.

These statues are much bigger than the actual raptors are supposed to be, right? At least that’s the impression I got from the shot of it in the crowd. Looked Hulk statue size.

Reactions: Teebin
These statues are much bigger than the actual raptors are supposed to be, right? At least that’s the impression I got from the shot of it in the crowd. Looked Hulk statue size.
I'd say that they only looked bigger because they were on trailers. Maybe adding 3-4 feet to the visual height. And if optical zoom is involved in the picture, there's usually some size distortion as the foreground flattens.

Reactions: Mike S
I have the dumbest question to ask. Once you have ridden the ride, where do you exit the ride? Through the same building the entrance is...or what? Maybe they expect the wraptors to be fed well???

Yeah, most fossils have it at the size of a Turkey... Crichton increased the size, Spielberg bumped it up a notch and now Universal has gone a big step further.
JP Raptors are actually “Utahraptors”, but they used the name Velociraptor.

Utahraptors are also 6.6 ft high at the hip, so those statues are pretty close to accurate

JP Raptors are actually “Utahraptors”, but they used the name Velociraptor.

Utahraptors are also 6.6 ft high at the hip, so those statues are pretty close to accurate

And velociraptor sounds way more groovy than utahraptor... ah fiction

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.