Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 745 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the rock work price tag. That appears to be the bonded amount, what's insured. Generally, things are insured at 2 and 3 times the actual cost so I wouldn't say the rock work is costing 6.5 million. That's what it's insured value is.

Reactions: Andysol
There is rock work that looks like Kong. So anything is possible. I still see a dinosaur in my mind.
Its a ride all about Velociraptors so I just don't see this. I hate to kill your dream but I reallyyy think this is massive Rockwork. In some ways, while it is obviously carved out to be Kong, it kinda is rock work at the entrance of Skull Island. Idk, no need for a Dino that big that doesn't at least move or tilt just a little as you zoom by. I still expect Rockwork as I think that and trees is how this ride is going to be hidden.

I think theres expected to be Raptors throughout the ride however, I just don't think its this spot.

While I don't think that particular section is going to be a dinosaur, I wouldn't be surprised to see dino shaped rock work in some area.

Carsland has tail fins in their rock work mountain range.

radiator-springs-racers-gallery00.jpg

A main theme throughout Jurassic Park is trying to control and manipulate nature. Everything is artificial and the idea of building fake rock work would work within that concept.

While I don't think that particular section is going to be a dinosaur, I wouldn't be surprised to see dino shaped rock work in some area.

Carsland has tail fins in their rock work mountain range.

radiator-springs-racers-gallery00.jpg

A main theme throughout Jurassic Park is trying to control and manipulate nature. Everything is artificial and the idea of building fake rock work would work within that concept.

Yeah, because the movie Cars had tail fins in its mountain range and Carsland is based on the movie. Having said that, they could design the rock work with dinosaur images, but you would think it would be Velociraptors... and they are much smaller.

Yeah, because the movie Cars had tail fins in its mountain range and Carsland is based on the movie. Having said that, they could design the rock work with dinosaur images, but you would think it would be Velociraptors... and they are much smaller.

If they're going to do some sort of rock-dinosaur thing then surely it will be fossil shapes cut into rock, if anything

Reactions: Andysol and Legacy
Its a ride all about Velociraptors so I just don't see this. I hate to kill your dream but I reallyyy think this is massive Rockwork. In some ways, while it is obviously carved out to be Kong, it kinda is rock work at the entrance of Skull Island. Idk, no need for a Dino that big that doesn't at least move or tilt just a little as you zoom by. I still expect Rockwork as I think that and trees is how this ride is going to be hidden.

I think theres expected to be Raptors throughout the ride however, I just don't think its this spot.
Hey, we don't know, there could be other dinosaurs on this ride. I don't think this framework is one of them, but there may be more than just Raptors in the end.

Hey, we don't know, there could be other dinosaurs on this ride. I don't think this framework is one of them, but there may be more than just Raptors in the end.
Id love to be wrong! I just don't see how it makes sense for story wise but we don't really know the story anyways.

The only thing that would thematically make sense for that framework to be a dinosaur is if it ends up being an herbivore of some kind and we are the raptors who are circling it and pouncing on it. Would be a cool idea, but I'm not liking the idea of a large static dinosaur that's within view of the paths. Though if there are dinos on this ride in the spaghetti bowl, they probably don't need to be animatronic since we'll be flying by at 50mph.

Last edited:
The only thing that would thematically make sense for that framework to be a dinosaur is if it ends up being an herbivore of some kind and we are the raptors who are circling it and pouncing on it. Would be a cool idea, but I'm not liking the idea of a large static dinosaur that's within view of the paths. Though if there are dinos on this ride in the spaghetti bowl, they probably don't need to be animatronic since we'll be flying by at 50mph.

Never thought of it like that. That is a very good point and actually would make sense as to why we are circling around in the same area.

It's okay. You can see what you want to see....but I see a dinosaur.

Thanks for your support :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: jarmor
If they do a dinosaur shaped rock then I'm cancelling my pass
If they do the rock canopy from the early plans, you wouldn’t be able to tell what it was shaped like anyway, since, ya know, it’ll be dark and covered by a canopy.

here’s what I’ve heard: 4 rockwork “tunnels” and 1 waterfall near the middle of them. Tunnels may just rock wall dividers, and the canopy over them seals it in.

There should also be a cage-like tunnel around the first part of the first launch that matches the second launch tunnel style.

If they do the rock canopy from the early plans, you wouldn’t be able to tell what it was shaped like anyway, since, ya know, it’ll be dark and covered by a canopy.

here’s what I’ve heard: 4 rockwork “tunnels” and 1 waterfall near the middle of them. Tunnels may just rock wall dividers, and the canopy over them seals it in.

There should also be a cage-like tunnel around the first part of the first launch that matches the second launch tunnel style.
I can see why it’s going to take about a year to finish this puppy up then. Sounds awesome!

Reactions: JMalez

It seems very cartoony for them to shape it like a dinosaur

I'm not sure why, but Kong is the only animal shaped rock I like haha

Reactions: tielo
It seems very cartoony for them to shape it like a dinosaur
Probably because it’s not. Sometimes clouds look like things too. I think this is just a case of mistaken metal identity. But we’ll find out soon enough.

Here’s what the kong head looked like before it was sculpted. Last thing I would guess just by looking at it is was going to be a giant Kong head.

FA491E40-8BBA-477E-AF9B-2502B03B38D0.jpeg

Probably because it’s not. Sometimes clouds look like things too. I think this is just a case of mistaken metal identity. But we’ll find out soon enough.

Here’s what the kong head looked like before it was sculpted. Last thing I would guess just by looking at it is was going to be a giant Kong head.

View attachment 12550
I remember when I thought Universal's magnum opus was behind that wall

Status
Not open for further replies.