Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 818 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story comes from a Chip & Co. story which is based on a conversation with a single Team Member at the park.

The company doesn’t even know what they’re going to do next, why would a TM? No offense. But this feels like a feedback loop of speculation becoming rumor becoming fact somehow.

Could it happen? Sure. But this isn’t proof of anything.

View attachment 13238
You all see that sign and those rocks?

They're going to paint them

bet you that's it haha

You all see that sign and those rocks?

They're going to paint them

bet you that's it haha
Re-do of the finale (biggest bulk of work), change color schemes and re-paint, bring in new boats w/new audio and do nothing else. This is my hope and highest expectation. Im fine if they don't upgrade the AAs if they give us that finale thats rumored. While I'm sure nothing is being greenly past VC, the most likely scenario is that River Adventure goes down next March, to open in early 2022. Gotta have something to advertise for 2022 if at all possible, and this is probably the cheapest addition/replacement they can make. I can see it. If we don't get a big finale overhaul, then a re-paint with no boats sounds about right.

I now think there’s a way for them to keep it JP within the rethemed JW island. In Jurassic World, you see a bunch of run down JP stuff. It’s all still there but it’s been overrun. Why couldn’t the story just be “this is an old attraction that we’re reopening for a limited time”? Throw some extra vegetation in throughout the ride, put some spider webs in the queue and voila. Everyone’s happy. Lol

I kinda wish it flat out said Velocicoaster just to be even more blatant at this point.

Then announce the coaster with a new name just to throw everybody off. Gotta have fun during the pandemic somehow
Oh that would've sent me also note how they seemingly made sure the ingen was facing where guests could see lol.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Re-do of the finale (biggest bulk of work), change color schemes and re-paint, bring in new boats w/new audio and do nothing else. This is my hope and highest expectation. Im fine if they don't upgrade the AAs if they give us that finale thats rumored. While I'm sure nothing is being greenly past VC, the most likely scenario is that River Adventure goes down next March, to open in early 2022. Gotta have something to advertise for 2022 if at all possible, and this is probably the cheapest addition/replacement they can make. I can see it. If we don't get a big finale overhaul, then a re-paint with no boats sounds about right.

The Ride AA's Need replacing, Cant have cricked neck Ultrasaurs, crappy Psittacosaurus , barely working stegos and raptors forever. Work with the guys who did kong and who I assume did the indominus rex and blue in Hollywood and bring theme up to 2021 standards. These dinosaurs need to be fluid like they used to be, not dinosaurs doing the robot.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
The Ride AA's Need replacing, Cant have cricked neck Ultrasaurs, crappy Psittacosaurus , barely working stegos and raptors forever. Work with the guys who did kong and who I assume did the indominus rex and blue in Hollywood and bring theme up to 2021 standards. These dinosaurs need to be fluid like they used to be, not dinosaurs doing the robot.
Now for some reason all I can imagine are these Dino’s ACTUALLY doing the robot, with the “I like to move it move it!” Playing in the background. Weird visual

Will they do a pull through of the entire layout or just areas with close proximity to other track/theming? I wouldn’t think they would need to test clearance on the top hat (save for Osprey nests) unless the pull through is also testing other things like wheel to track fluency.

Will they do a pull through of the entire layout or just areas with close proximity to other track/theming? I wouldn’t think they would need to test clearance on the top hat (save for Osprey nests) unless the pull through is also testing other things like wheel to track fluency.
Intamin does a pull through of the entire layout. Can't think of any other major manufacturer that does the whole thing apart from them.

Reactions: 1.21Gigawatts

I get the idea about not needing to do the top hat but I imagine it would be more effort to roll the train back where it's just been instead of just going over the top hat.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Whenever I see a pull through I can't stop thinking about the botched initial pull through for 7 Dwarfs coaster.

I always liked the raft hitting in the rock work in Popeye's initial testing as a personal favourite of early testing rooster ups.

Edit: I'm guessing the forum has some automated word switches for perceived bad language. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.