Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, with AP previews ending Wed., softs could start as early as the last hour the park is open on Wed. or sometime Thurs. That is just speculation, but it could happen.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Is there a separate “front row” line, or are you just assigned something?
When I went, it looked like there wasn’t a front row line but I honestly couldn’t tell. I think they were letting people stand to the side though to wait if they wanted front row. Like they could request it.

There’s a sign for front tow line on right side of load, but there’s not much room for it and they stop allowing people to line up for it when it gets too long.

ok cool. At least they give an option unlike Hagrids. I would think first row is pretty essential if you want to spot all the raptors.

A front row POV has appeared on YouTube, much better quality than the first one that was uploaded.

Edit: Deleted link in case we’re not supposed to post POV videos, but it’s on YouTube...

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
Weren't there rumors of two show scenes being on the ride? What happened with those?
There’s screens in scene 1. There’s audio in the final scene.

Early plans were rumored to have something more in final scene, but I wonder if that would’ve meant less trains on the course so they went with capacity over that concept.

Personally, I feel that the mosasaur roll over the lagoon is the perfect finale for the ride, and the audio in the final brake run turn is a nice cool down. It’s great the way it is.

Obviously they are 2 different coasters but would you put this above Hagrids? I mean if you could only ride one, which one would you ride?
I mean, I think it depends what I want. If I’d prefer a ride for the theming and story, I’d pick Hagrids. If I wanted thrill, I’d pick Velocicoaster. I’d say there on an equal playing field when it comes to my overall enjoyment of the ride tho.

Reactions: tielo and RevFreako
The same channel has uploaded another front row POV from the right hand seat with no music.

Just a heads up for anyone who watches the alternate POV being referenced here; it’s an awesome view, but be warned about the sound. Instead of music thrown over it, it’s 2.5 minutes of “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my goooossssh” before and when the ride takes off and never-ending, high-pitched screaming through the rest.

That said, god DAMN I can’t wait to ride this.

Reactions: SpatulaShack
Full pre-show video with Bryce and Pratt can be seen in its entirety HERE. It's actually pretty well done. Love the coaster running behind Claire with Owen on what looks to be a convincing rendering of the launch track! Very cool. My only complaint for this entire ride (and it's the tiniest complaint in the world) is they failed to theme the metal detectors somehow despite all of the money poured into the attraction. They couldn't afford a tiny INGEN decal sticker and some minor cosmetic changes to make it not look exactly like a rock concert or a TSA check? They didn't need to hide that a metal detector is there but I wish it looked like a permanent structure in the queue and not like something purchased at a metal detector flash sale.

Again, that is the only thing I could find to complain about so this is clearly a home run. Well done Universal.

Last edited:
Full pre-show video with Bryce and Pratt can be seen in its entirety HERE. It's actually pretty well done. Love the coaster running behind Claire with Owen on what looks to be a convincing rendering of the launch track! Very cool. My only complaint for this entire ride (in it's the tiniest complaint in the world) is they failed to theme the metal detectors somehow despite all of the money poured into the attraction. They couldn't afford a tiny INGEN decal sticker and some minor cosmetic changes to make it not look exactly like a rock concert or a TSA check? They didn't need to hide that a metal detector is there but I wish it looked like a permanent structure in the queue and not like something purchased at a metal detector flash sale.

Again, that is the only thing I could find to complain about so this is clearly a home run. Well done Universal.

I could be wrong, but there may be a legal reason for this. The metal detectors are a form of security , and if they were themed it could be argued that said person thought it was “just part of the ride” and not a real security check point .

So this seems to be 3 straight home runs for Universal. It looks beautiful and it looks like it has really brought the land together.

That said, I really hope we don't permanently lose the Discovery Center activities because of the gift shop.

Reactions: belloq87
So this seems to be 3 straight home runs for Universal. It looks beautiful and it looks like it has really brought the land together.

That said, I really hope we don't permanently lose the Discovery Center activities because of the gift shop.

They were closed before due to the pandemic. I expect them to reopen (plus this would be a great activity for those who don’t/can’t ride).

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
They were closed before due to the pandemic. I expect them to reopen (plus this would be a great activity for those who don’t/can’t ride).
Oh yes I know they were closed when we went in October - just wasn't sure if they were planning to turn this whole bottom floor into a gift shop and get rid of the activities.

I'll be really upset if I can't ever watch a very fake-looking raptor hatch again.