Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
TM's aren't even allowed to re-ride by rule. I was allowed to because there was supposedly a technical issue during my first ride, so they let at least our train go again. But unless there's a situation like that, they are going by reservation only.
FWIW, today is a free for all for TMs according to my friends and UOTeam. No reservations needed and you can reride as much as you want, but I definitely wouldn’t expect that for the AP preview.

Reactions: JoeCamel
FWIW, today is apparently a free for all for TMs according to my friends. No reservations needed and you can reride as much as you want, but I definitely wouldn’t expect that for the AP preview. Sounds like there must’ve been low reservations today or something.
That makes sense as today was an added on day of TM Previews and they probably didn't get a ton of people to sign up in advance. Plus, even yesterday, there wasn't a ton of people there and they were running with trains half empty a lot of the time.

Reactions: Tbad556
Forgive me if this has been answered before but is there any word on if this will have Express? I wasn’t able to get on Hagrids 2 years ago due to the lines and delayed openings, so I’m hoping there’s not a similar situation here when I make my way down later in the summer

Forgive me if this has been answered before but is there any word on if this will have Express? I wasn’t able to get on Hagrids 2 years ago due to the lines and delayed openings, so I’m hoping there’s not a similar situation here when I make my way down later in the summer

The app does not have Express listed but an Express line and signage exists (the signage is covered up at the moment).

It's hard to say, rides like Kong opened with Express so this would be the first non-Potter ride to open without it.

Feeling kinda (dino)sore that I couldn’t get a reservation. What might the odds be of Uni wanting more warm bodies on the ride before open?

100%

I better stretch my thumbs, then! When might they wanna open reservations again, do we think?
I think eventually it will just be open like any other attraction under the "technical rehearsal" labeling until June 10th. That seems to be why they are doing TM and AP Previews so early before opening, so they will have plenty of time to iron out the kinks before opening officially.

I think eventually it will just be open like any other attraction under the "technical rehearsal" labeling until June 10th. That seems to be why they are doing TM and AP Previews so early before opening, so they will have plenty of time to iron out the kinks before opening officially.

This is my theory too, maybe not next week (or maybe next week) but I think this thing will open to close with the park by Memorial Day weekend to soak up the crowds.

Reactions: Tbad556 and Nick
To the IU community calling out ‘thoosies’, this is the first major adult Intamin coaster in Florida so pardon me if people are comparing it to other coasters around the world. It’s an interesting topic, if UO really went with Intamin intensity here this is a game changer for central Florida. Don’t dismiss the topic, it’s an important one for our industry.

There’s nothing wrong with adding context of someone’s coaster history so we could get a better sense of their reviews. Just want to make sure we don’t dismiss it either if their coaster list isn’t as long as others.

For those of you who have ridden the ride, is the ending just a tunnel, or is there any theming/story to make it interesting?
It's a tunnel.
-----------------------
To add some late context to my original post, I've been on every coaster between all the parks here in FL (including Funspot), I've done Six Flags New England, Great Adventure, Over Georgia, and Magic Mountain, along with Knots. Unfortunately, i've never been to BGT Williamsburg, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Kings Island or Cedar Point, so i'm missing out on a lot just between those parks (Which means i've never been on a giga). So that's kinda where I stand with coasters. No lack of want just more of... i'm in Florida. I've been meaning to plan a trip to hit up some of these places, but it just never happens.

It's a tunnel.
-----------------------
To add some late context to my original post, I've been on every coaster between all the parks here in FL (including Funspot), I've done Six Flags New England, Great Adventure, Over Georgia, and Magic Mountain, along with Knots. Unfortunately, i've never been to BGT Williamsburg, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Kings Island or Cedar Point, so i'm missing out on a lot just between those parks (Which means i've never been on a giga). So that's kinda where I stand with coasters. No lack of want just more of... i'm in Florida. I've been meaning to plan a trip to hit up some of these places, but it just never happens.
Well there's some fantastic coasters in Florida many of which are better than rides elsewhere (i.e. Montu is the best Invert anywhere...although I've never been to a theme park overseas)

And dare I say it, Mako is the best B&M Hyper I've ever ridden even though it's barely 200ft lol

So people saying Veloci is the best in FL *does* carry weight

Well there's some fantastic coasters in Florida many of which are better than rides elsewhere (i.e. Montu is the best Invert anywhere...although I've never been to a theme park overseas)

And dare I say it, Mako is the best B&M Hyper I've ever ridden even though it's barely 200ft lol

So people saying Veloci is the best in FL *does* carry weight
It's not just the best in FL, but the best by a decent margin i'd say. I'm still expecting Iron Gwazi to be really good, but it'll have to be really great to beat out VelociCoaster.

It's not just the best in FL, but the best by a decent margin i'd say. I'm still expecting Iron Gwazi to be really good, but it'll have to be really great to beat out VelociCoaster.
That's awesome!

IG vs. Velocicoaster will be interesting to see which one shakes out as best. I'm looking forward to comparing the two

Side note: I hope you get to ride Steel Vengeance someday....cause...holy crap