Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Anyone up for KSF predictions before the announcement event? 

Here are mine: 

-Dead of Winter will likely stay but be redone like Dominion. 

-Two new mazes excluding Black Ops. 

I heard some sort of rumor that the Xcellerator warehouse will be themed to Japanese spirits. 

Well there are four more maze spots left to fill. I agree with your post, I think Dead of Winter will be back as well as two brand new mazes replacing Pinocchio Unstrung and Black Magic. We might also see the return of My Bloody Clementine in the Calico Mine Ride. It would be cool if they mixed it up and had live actors in the Log Ride this year instead. I have very fond memories of that ride during Haunt from when I was a kid. Scary!

I'm sure we'll get The Hanging announcement too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there are four more maze spots left to fill. I agree with your post, I think Dead of Winter will be back as well as two brand new mazes replacing Pinocchio Unstrung and Black Magic. We might also see the return of My Bloody Clementine in the Calico Mine Ride. It would be cool if they mixed it up and had live actors in the Log Ride this year instead. I have very fond memories of that ride during Haunt from when I was a kid. Scary!

I'm sure we'll get The Hanging announcement too. 

Two mazes, plus Black Ops and a possible Dead of Winter redo. That would replace Pinnochio and Black Magic. I think Clementine will stay. I just hope they give that ride overlay an actual story instead of just a random girl trying to get at you. I think the spot where the Infected queue line is will be a Skeleton Key experience. 

Two mazes, plus Black Ops and a possible Dead of Winter redo. That would replace Pinnochio and Black Magic. I think Clementine will stay. I just hope they give that ride overlay an actual story instead of just a random girl trying to get at you. I think the spot where the Infected queue line is will be a Skeleton Key experience. 

If you look at the website, they already have Black Ops announced. There are still four "?" spots left, which makes me think two new mazes, and then possibly Dead of Winter and My Bloody Clementine. 

It has been revealed by Knotts themselves what to expect for the upcoming expansion of the neighboring Soak City waterpark...

An exciting expansion, renovations and new additions are coming to Knott’s Soak City Water Park next summer.

Orange County’s largest water park will debut two water slide towers featuring exhilarating attractions geared for families and thrill seekers. Shore Break will tower over seven stories and offer six different thrilling water slide experiences. Four of the slides on the 60-foot tall tower will start with guests climbing inside an Aqua-Launch chamber where they will wait anxiously for the floor to drop out from underneath their feet, sending them into a high-speed, almost vertical free fall through a series of flat loops and S-curves in a translucent flume. Shore Break will also feature dueling tube slides that will zip riders through an enchanting series of drops and turns. The height requirements for Shore Break slides are 48 inches.

The Wedge slide tower will take the location of the current Pacific Spin and will be an open air family raft ride. Up to six guests at a time will descend down navigating twists and turns and surprise drops. The height requirement for The Wedge is 48 inches or 40 inches when accompanied by a supervising companion. Guests will be able to experience both water slide towers when Knott’s Soak City Water Park opens for the summer season in May 2017.

The expansion project will also include updated shaded seating areas, cabanas and a remodeled Longboard’s Grill to the water park. Construction is set to begin on September 12 and a grand-reopening is scheduled for summer 2017.

Soak-City-Rendering-with-logos-website.jpg

Similar other expansions have happened for other various Cedar Fair owned parks; including Carrowind's Carolina Harbor, the 2017 Cedar Point Shores, and several other waterparks within the company.

Anyone up for KSF predictions before the announcement event? 

Here are mine: 

-Dead of Winter will likely stay but be redone like Dominion. 

-Two new mazes excluding Black Ops. 

I heard some sort of rumor that the Xcellerator warehouse will be themed to Japanese spirits. 

Hmmm…..looks like I was dead-on. :)  Here are my thoughts after being at tonight's event:

Returning mazes: I'm glad Paranormal, Voodoo, and Gunslinger are back. I'm indifferent about Tooth Fairy but it's still a good maze. I'm just very disappointed Trick-or-Treat is back. That had to go like last year. Now for the new houses….

The Shadowland: My most anticipated for sure. I've wanted to see a Japanese folklore house for the longest time and I'm excited to see Knott's tackle this. I'm even more ecstatic that Jon Cooke is at the helm of this maze (Who designed the spectacular Paranormal Inc.). I don't think it will be quite as crazy, but I'm sure we're in for a treat Can't wait to check this out! This will be something different for haunt for sure!

Black Ops Infected: Another Jon Cooke house. I'm sure the sets will be amazing will be really, really fun to go through. 

The Red Barn: Interesting that Miller and Kruger are collaborating on this. With two seemingly high-budget houses, this seems like a somewhat cost-effective maze to do. Hopefully this will be good. They should already have the red barn facade down since it will be housed in a red barn. :p  

Also, I may or may not have spotted Jon from a distance there.  :ph34r:

Hmmm…..looks like I was dead-on. :)  Here are my thoughts after being at tonight's event:

Returning mazes: I'm glad Paranormal, Voodoo, and Gunslinger are back. I'm indifferent about Tooth Fairy but it's still a good maze. I'm just very disappointed Trick-or-Treat is back. That had to go like last year. Now for the new houses….

The Shadowland: My most anticipated for sure. I've wanted to see a Japanese folklore house for the longest time and I'm excited to see Knott's tackle this. I'm even more ecstatic that Jon Cooke is at the helm of this maze (Who designed the spectacular Paranormal Inc.). I don't think it will be quite as crazy, but I'm sure we're in for a treat Can't wait to check this out! This will be something different for haunt for sure!

Black Ops Infected: Another Jon Cooke house. I'm sure the sets will be amazing will be really, really fun to go through. 

The Red Barn: Interesting that Miller and Kruger are collaborating on this. With two seemingly high-budget houses, this seems like a somewhat cost-effective maze to do. Hopefully this will be good. They should already have the red barn facade down since it will be housed in a red barn. :p  

We also got the confirmation over the course of the show that Camp Snoopy will have a scarezone again, which is great to hear..

It was a nice event last night. I wasn't able to attend last year, so actually being there was really fun. Psyched on the new scare zone and mazes. Shadow Lands is going to be really interesting. 

As for the returning stuff, I'm happy. Trick or Treat is getting up there in the year count, but I think it still holds up. 

Kind of bummed about the lack of a Mine Ride overlay this year. I guess that means more budget for the Key rooms.

I'm glad they're putting their money into just those things this year. Mine Ride has always sucked.

However, if they just had a narrative for Clementine last year,I would have liked it better despite the lack of scares. 

Hi Guys!
On my 5th annual excursion to Orlando from Ireland this year for HHN, but heading to LA for a few nights first. Obviously hitting up Hollywood HHN too and Uni during the day, but thinking of heading up to Knotts for the coasters during the day on Oct 11th. I hate seeing this question asked generally so apologies in advance, but can't seem to find any sort of indicator online so, is fast pass recommended for this time of year? Only really want to hit the coasters and only have one day, but with the extortionate amount we're already paying for FFP+ with express in Orlando and FOL in Hollywood, on top of flights, drinking, shopping and accommodation money, we would love to save the extra couple of $ if possible here! Also any plan of action would be much appreciated if any locals happen to stumble upon this! Many thanks in advance

The only reason I recommend any kind of Express there is that their ride ops is slower and thereby causing the longer lines. So if you can swing it, I would do it. One thing about their FOTL pass is that the entrances are SUPER awkward. Like you're just walking up the exit stairs usually.

The only reason I recommend any kind of Express there is that their ride ops is slower and thereby causing the longer lines. So if you can swing it, I would do it. One thing about their FOTL pass is that the entrances are SUPER awkward. Like you're just walking up the exit stairs usually.
For the sake of comparing the bottom of the barrel, MIB's express entrance is through an employee hallway, which I would argue is worse than the exit. Universal also has many single rider queues that go through the exits, such as Doom and MIB.

I would wing it and go without express pass. It's the "off season" with no KSF going on that night so attendance should be fairly low that day unless they have some sort of group(s) booked. If you get there and it's crowded, get the pass.

Hi Guys!
On my 5th annual excursion to Orlando from Ireland this year for HHN, but heading to LA for a few nights first. Obviously hitting up Hollywood HHN too and Uni during the day, but thinking of heading up to Knotts for the coasters during the day on Oct 11th. I hate seeing this question asked generally so apologies in advance, but can't seem to find any sort of indicator online so, is fast pass recommended for this time of year? Only really want to hit the coasters and only have one day, but with the extortionate amount we're already paying for FFP+ with express in Orlando and FOL in Hollywood, on top of flights, drinking, shopping and accommodation money, we would love to save the extra couple of $ if possible here! Also any plan of action would be much appreciated if any locals happen to stumble upon this! Many thanks in advance

I would wing it and go without express pass. It's the "off season" with no KSF going on that night so attendance should be fairly low that day unless they have some sort of group(s) booked. If you get there and it's crowded, get the pass.

I'm with GAcoaster on this one. I have been there quite a few times of late and it is relatively easy to get everything done in a timely fashion with the right game plan. You said you are only interested in coasters, but The Calico Mine Ride, Timber Mountain Log Flume, Voyage to the Iron Reef, and The Mystery Lodge are all MUST DO rides/shows.

1. For starters, get there at park opening and check the show times for The Mystery Lodge (a MUST DO show)
2. Once the park is open, head straight to Xcelerator.
3. If you feel the need to ride Coast Riders or Boomerang, do so now.
4. Head to Sierra Sidwinder (bypass Jaguar and Montezooma's Revenge for now)
5. Head to Silver Bullet
6. Double back a bit to hit up Montezooma's Revenge
7. Head to Jaguar
8. Head to Pony Express
9. You have now gotten all the coasters but Ghost Rider done and are in the general area of The Mystery Lodge, The Calico Mine Ride, Timber Mountain Log Flume, and Voyage to the Iron Reef. Ghost Rider does not tend to get a super long line so I would recommend leaving it off and getting on the other attractions.

For food, you have to try the berry filled churros (boysenberry being their most famous one) and the fried chicken available just outside the park gates at either Mrs. Knotts' Restaurant or their quick service Chicken to Go.

Last edited:
You guys are legends,thank you so much! Screenshotted your POA and will make sure to follow it, will have to take a break to try this chicken though ;) thanks again you guys :peace:

You guys are legends,thank you so much! Screenshotted your POA and will make sure to follow it, will have to take a break to try this chicken though ;) thanks again you guys :peace:

Or, do what we do and hit it up at the end of the day for dinner

Two other quick plugs, if possible Knotts runs a very popular Haunt themselves called Knotts Scary Farm which will not be running the 11th, but may be worth trying to hit up if you have the time (depending upon how long you are in the LA area).

Not sure of your timetable, but I will say that when you are going to be in the LA area Disneyland will have their Haunted Mansion Holiday (Nightmare Before Christmas layover) going on and that is rather spectacular to see. If you have the time/funds, I would think about adding that to your list of things to do. That park is also VERY different from WDW so it is worth checking out, if possible.