Knott's Berry Farm | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just really hoping that they can give some more life to Monte as it has shown its age to me these past few years.

I'm not quite sure how you improve upon the ride aside from aesthetic issues. When I rode it recently the ride was the same wonderfully thrilling shuttle loop coaster that it always has been.

As for Fiesta, the main issue is that it's probably the worst executed theme in the park, and this is only considering the recent Boardwalk upgrades. It feels woefully dated and tacky, not to mention barely shaded. There are a few queue upgrades that Jaguar could use (turning the fire effects back on, for one), and to be honest aside from refurbishments, the flats can stay put. As for new flat rides I have zero clue what they could put in that they don't already have/had. I guess a themed indoor music express would be nice, I just want them to get creative with this. Something unique.

Reactions: Freak
I'm not quite sure how you improve upon the ride aside from aesthetic issues. When I rode it recently the ride was the same wonderfully thrilling shuttle loop coaster that it always has been.

As for Fiesta, the main issue is that it's probably the worst executed theme in the park, and this is only considering the recent Boardwalk upgrades. It feels woefully dated and tacky, not to mention barely shaded. There are a few queue upgrades that Jaguar could use (turning the fire effects back on, for one), and to be honest aside from refurbishments, the flats can stay put. As for new flat rides I have zero clue what they could put in that they don't already have/had. I guess a themed indoor music express would be nice, I just want them to get creative with this. Something unique.

I would like to see less attention on adding attractions and more on re-visioning the area. Add some shade (like you mentioned), get rid of all the games that clutter up the area in front of Jaguar, re-brand the quick service restaurants, etc. I think that kind of thing along with refurbishing the attractions they already have back there could add a lot. 

I agree. There's not much more you can do to Montezooma to improve it. It's a great ride as is. If I had to scrutinize for improvements, you could repaint it back to its old school colors, give it a cool new lighting package, and maybe restore the sign.  

I also agree on your suggestions. That area is good on flats, but a couple more wouldn't hurt. Like I suggested earlier, a small one on Jaguar's final helix, and Windseeker's old spot. 

I would like to see less attention on adding attractions and more on re-visioning the area. Add some shade (like you mentioned), get rid of all the games that clutter up the area in front of Jaguar, re-brand the quick service restaurants, etc. I think that kind of thing along with refurbishing the attractions they already have back there could add a lot. 

Ditto. The area needs a lot more shade. Give that area some legit Mexican food as well. The place by Revolution is always shut down, even on the busiest of days. 

I feel like Knott's used this year as a break from new rides. Sure they retraced Ghost Rider, but I think they used it as an opportunity to save up for next year. Hopefully they'll invest in both a new coaster and a new area, but we'll find out for sure in November. 

I agree. There's not much more you can do to Montezooma to improve it. It's a great ride as is. If I had to scrutinize for improvements, you could repaint it back to its old school colors, give it a cool new lighting package, and maybe restore the sign.  

I also agree on your suggestions. That area is good on flats, but a couple more wouldn't hurt. Like I suggested earlier, a small one on Jaguar's final helix, and Windseeker's old spot. 

Ditto. The area needs a lot more shade. Give that area some legit Mexican food as well. The place by Revolution is always shut down, even on the busiest of days. 

I feel like Knott's used this year as a break from new rides. Sure they retraced Ghost Rider, but I think they used it as an opportunity to save up for next year. Hopefully they'll invest in both a new coaster and a new area, but we'll find out for sure in November. 

Indeed. In my opinion Fiesta Village doesn't need any new rides per se. I think the area could benefit greatly by sprucing up what they do have. I like the idea mentioned above to restore the Jaguar effects. A new (& a little more comfortable) train would be nice as well. 

No new train! I'd be so disappointed if they got rid of their old time train. Thats my favorite thing to do there haha (besides explore ghost town!)

No new train! I'd be so disappointed if they got rid of their old time train. Thats my favorite thing to do there haha (besides explore ghost town!)

Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about giving Jaguar a new train. The current one they have is pretty uncomfortable. I love the Walter K steam engine!

Reactions: Allia
Hmm, Zierer built Jaguar, and they've been also building steel coaster that are very much like Eurofighters, such as Impulse at Knoebel's. Maybe Knott's is using this as an opportunity to double up and get new trains for Jaguar which, I agree, is badly needed.

Two new slide structures was the quote: http://www.ocbj.com/news/2016/jun/09/knotts-plans-new-soak-city-slides/

I think they should've instead built a water coaster, but I guess they want to get as many as possible. Although a family raft ride (not a Tornado one which they have) would be welcome. Maybe a drop-box slide? Maybe. 

I looked at some recent pics following the news and woof, they need to focus on giving the place some TLC as well. The wave pool in particularly looks rough and aged. I'm guessing that the theme park will take a break this year, and we're officially yet another year far removed from a possible B&M giga. Sigh.

From what i've heard they really want to get a nice Mexican restaurant in the park. Something it's been lacking for some time.

BTW, rode Ghostrider today. DAMN it's back to its former glory. So good.

Nice! I was at the park today as well! I don't know if you saw me, but I was wearing a Metallica Master of Puppets shirt with army shorts. 

I also got to ride Ghostrider three times today and it's GREAT. I was shocked at how smooth it was. There was virtually no roughness at all. Smooth and speedy from start to finish. The very back had some really good floater air time. It's the fiercest wooden coaster in the West again. Great job GCI! Now let's see how long it last before the roughness kicks in again (Looks at Apocolypse at SFMM). 

Also line cutting was out-of-control today at the park. Lots of graduating middle school kids were there and they tried to cut me several times on different rides because they had to "meet up with some friends". One guy on Silver Bullet wearing a squid hat tried to cut Silver Bullet, several times mind you, but he kept getting caught thanks to a cast member supervising the line. They were calling out kids over the PA on Montezooma and the Log Ride to not cut the line, duck the rails, or save spots or they would be removed from the ride. On my last ride on Ghostrider, a small fight broke out in line as lot of kids tried to cut but a mother wasn't going to take it anymore. Everyone bunched up on the stairs like it was some sort of mosh pit and lots of yelling and pushing occurred. It wasn't World Star Hip Hop bad, but there was some heated "discussion". I'm grateful for the few times staff was there to intervene and enforce line cutting, but it was really bad. 

^That sounds pretty close to the day I had there last month. Just so awful.

Good to hear about GhostRider, it's a renovation long needed. I knew flyer trains were the component it really could use. Have no idea how long it'll be before I can get out there, but I'm hoping to do it prior to moving out east next year.

Something that I would love to see at Fiesta Village 2.0 is something very small, but it seems to be against Cedar Fair's mantra. I would love to hear music fitting for the area. Sure they play some bluegrass covers in Ghost Town to keep things upbeat and fit the theme, but I want to hear music that isn't modern pop. I would love to hear some spanish music or Ennio Morricone. It adds to the quaint and the old-fashioned feel that's the appeal of Knott's. Just imagine walking through Fiesta Village hearing this:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/cANVOv_pexQ?feature=oembed

Going back to the rumors about Fiesta Village and the EuroFighter replacing Boomerang, there are some concerns I want to bring up: 

For the Eurofighter, I'm not sure if I want Zerier to build it. I don't know if they constructed any other ones, but the one EF they built here in the US was Impulse at Knobell's. Other than the cool drop, that ride looks like a generic and uninteresting layout. There's nothing new or dynamic that coaster brought to the table. I feel if they design the new EF, if that is happening, which Knotts seems to like Zerier, then I hope they have a better layout in mind. I'm not impressed by what they have done. 

If we're getting a Eurofighter, I want to see something along the lines of Lagoon's Cannibal or Adventureland's Monster. While I have ridden neither, they look like exceptional coasters. Very dynamic, thrilling, unique, hang-time-fillled, zany, and fun. Anything like either one of those coasters is something Knotts really needs and would be a big hit. Please Knotts go with Getslauer for this. 

As for Fiesta Village, if they're going to add flats, do you think they'll go with Zerier? I can see them adding a Musik Express, a Magic Carpet, and a Troika (under Jaguar's final helix) for flats while ousting Revolution. They also built Tampico Tumbler and I really missed that ride. I would love to see that back.