Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

Okay, prediction/wish list time for me! Ahem…

2026: Complete kidzone with a Trolls or KFP boat ride. New parade, Disney levels preferably.
2027: F&F San Francisco Drift takes over Supercharge. A smaller version of the Hollywood coaster, mainly focusing on drifting here and a fun initial launch.
2028: Jurassic World River Adventure takes over and a full JW theming now for IOA.
2029: Pokémon at Epic Universe
2030: SLOP esc dark ride takes over TL theatre, I think Minions/Despicable Me themed is fun. Going from a land all about heroes, to a land all about Villains is kinda fun.
2031: Creature Boat Ride at Epic Universe.
2032: Zelda takes over LC.
2033: Potter expansion for Diagon Alley in Fear Factor theatre. A Stunt Spectacle and a new dining area added.
2034: VB addition.
2035: Lord Of The Rings at Epic Universe in that gigantic plot of land between Potter and Dragons.

Hope the next decade can be something like this!
Why would they use minions for toon lagoon theater when it's finally getting a land in studios and another attraction based off villain con

Another possibility that could replace the Simpsons at USH could be something Universal monsters related but 100% exclusive to USH to make it unique vs a copy and paste at EU. In the Simpsons plot you could have an interactive stacked dark ride with this wand patent for interactivity I will share below and in the Tram stop if it gets relocated to the lower lot would be the E ticket. This would be either a trackless ride If they wanted to take advantage of the entire plot of land or a next gen version of the SCOOP ride that can move up and down which will be found in the MMOM ride at EU. A third option would be to put the SCOOP car on a trackless base. The plot of the ride would involve you teaming up with the monsters and watching them fight different variants of themselves throughout time. Kinda like a potential Disney villains ride if that land comes to pass

I need to jump back in here because a reddit thread inspired me.

The fact that we have never seen a Spongebob land/ride is absolutely blasphemous. There are so many iconic locations from Spongebob that could be fully realized in a land.

And imagine the MUSIC that could be playing in that land. I just imagine the entire Battle for Bikini Bottom soundtrack playing on loop.

Dusting off this thread for another idea for a Simpsons Ride replacement at USH. With USH's Springfield speculated to be reskinned (based on the F&F concept art) to a simple run of the mill LA style street, this means the Simpsons Ride plot can be open for just about any stand alone ride. With a possible merger with WBD, a IP Universal would want to do as a standalone family attraction is something themed to Scooby Doo. They can do a Scooby Doo interactive ride in the same vibe as Toy Story Midway Mania with a ride vehicle that seats 8 with 4 seats on each ride. The premise of the ride is that you are helping the Scooby Gang escape from an old haunted theater or help rescue them after they were lured into a trap. The reason I am suggesting a theater setting is to tie it in with the LA style street Springfield is likely to get reskinned to and it is a different premise the the old Scooby Doo blaster rides at those various Kings Dominion parks.

Is it possible that depending the scope of the attraction that the replacement for FFL expands rightwards and also takes out MIB as well? MMRR at DL has a pretty big building so that is why I am raising the question.

Is it possible that depending the scope of the attraction that the replacement for FFL expands rightwards and also takes out MIB as well? MMRR at DL has a pretty big building so that is why I am raising the question.
It’s certainly possible, but I hope they wouldn’t consider it. The park really shouldn’t get any net loss additions in the future like we got with Supercharged replacing a show and a ride.

It’s certainly possible, but I hope they wouldn’t consider it. The park really shouldn’t get any net loss additions in the future like we got with Supercharged replacing a show and a ride.
I would be okay with MIB and the FFL stage getting replaced with a large scale attraction if it turns out to be good. Also many rumors have had the FFL stage being replaced by some sort of attraction anyways.

FFL being demolished for an attraction would be great, no need to take out MIB with it though.
Another option if they wanted to do a dark ride on the scale of MMRR would do to expand rightward into the backstage area. That way you could still keep the FFL plot for a standalone ride. But I would also have to think that the backstage area to the right of MIB would be ripe real estate for USF expansion in the future. One of my personal proposals to take over Simpsons/Springfield and maybe World Expo is a Far Far Away land if Shrek 5 is a hit. The E ticket I armchair imagineered is a trackless ride that is MMRR like but with more practical sets. The size of such an attraction would have to take out both MIB and FFL if they want to keep the backstage area for future USF expansion. But at the same time maybe it's more likely Universal just does a Shrek mini land that only takes over Simpsons.

However, the FFL/MIB plot is actually quite large. They'd have enough room for a full new land with 2 attractions if they wanted to do so.

Update MIB and expand the park out to where the sprung tents are. That's a massive area of development that is currently just storage. Heck, they could go "Phantasialand-style" and build a hotel that acts as a berm between it and the parade building so they can add more hotel capacity and sell "park view" rooms.

Update MIB and expand the park out to where the sprung tents are. That's a massive area of development that is currently just storage. Heck, they could go "Phantasialand-style" and build a hotel that acts as a berm between it and the parade building so they can add more hotel capacity and sell "park view" rooms.
I would love for them to expand into the sprung tent area, but that would REALLY throw a wrench in the HHN logistics lol

Where there’s a will there’s a way. There have to be contingencies for HHN in case the sprung tent area can’t be used anymore right?
I'm sure they would be able to figure SOMETHING out, but it'd be tight. I'm interested to see how they even handle it this year without the KidZone queue space.

I would love for them to expand into the sprung tent area, but that would REALLY throw a wrench in the HHN logistics lol

Those tents can be moved deeper into that back area. I'm not proposing they use all of that land since they need some space for storage, but a lot of is unused.

If anything, it'll help HHN logistics by allowing them to spread out the house entrances/exit a bit more by spreading out.

Those tents can be moved deeper into that back area. I'm not proposing they use all of that land since they need some space for storage, but a lot of is unused.

If anything, it'll help HHN logistics by allowing them to spread out the house entrances/exit a bit more by spreading out.
They were able to spread things out a bit last year by placing a sprung tent entrance on each side of MIB.

I'm sure they'd be able to figure something out, because the sprung tent area is prime real estate!

They were able to spread things out a bit last year by placing a sprung tent entrance on each side of MIB.

I'm sure they'd be able to figure something out, because the sprung tent area is prime real estate!
If World Expo/Springfield gets replaced with one huge land one theory I have is the are will the sprung tents will either be part of the land land itself or will be used only to house a show building of a massive E ticket.