Live Theatre / Musicals | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Live Theatre / Musicals

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really curious to hear @Grabnar's thoughts after doing Life and Trust first. That's going to be a very rare order of operations.
We did SNM first on Fri evening to ensure we had a good baseline before going to the new show which in retrospect I kinda wish I’d reversed. Structurally L&T is a more beginner friendly version of the format with a much easier to follow plot. There’s a lot more intersection of the characters and similar themes so if you follow anyone you’ll see more at L&T than at SNM. The sets at L&T are also newer and have a better flow to them and have some VERY impressive technology built in that I’d really like to go back and see again.

I’m conflicted on which I liked more, the eerie vibes and overall atmosphere of SNM is better, but it’s admittedly had years to build up sets and figure out what works and what doesn’t so it’s not really a fair comparison. I think SNM is more rewatchable and rewards repeat visitors more than L&T but that’s just a gut feeling.

That said I’m already planning on when to come back to see both, trying to see if I can fit in an insane weekend trip before I go to HHN.

Double post because I’m still processing and thinking about it

I think SNM is more intimate and has more “art” to it, L&T felt like a more commercial version of the same concept. Almost every aspect is more fleshed out but it doesn’t have that same emotional connection SNM does.

Happy to talk spoilers or anything in a DM or private thread so as not to clog up the theater thread