Lower Lot Redesign | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn't there a rumor of Kong also coming to the lower lot? Seeing how out of the blue SLOP is, I think it's safe to say it'll be very interesting to see what the lower lot becomes in the next 5-10 years.

Reactions: chris.g
Wasn't there a rumor of Kong also coming to the lower lot? Seeing how out of the blue SLOP is, I think it's safe to say it'll be very interesting to see what the lower lot becomes in the next 5-10 years.
Yes, Kong was an old rumor.  I believe its safe to say that since our Kong 360 did not close when Supercharged opened that this is not going to happen.  Skull Island will stay in Orlando.

SLoP is guaranteed.

So the Events of the two topics of interest last night, thanks to IU leaves me one question..what is the timeline for this? I would think that for the next three years, the Lower Lot is the focal point of attention but thinking about the lineup..

2017; TSLoP

2018; Diagon

2019; Nintendo?

To me, it just makes me wonder what is Universals plan for the next three years after Potter with all the rumors and whatnot.
If Diagon were to be 2018, then construction would have to start extremely soon.  It may be safe to say that Diagon would be a Star Wars competition for 2019.  Nintendo will probably push to 2020+

Now the question is what is coming for 2018?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great question Chris! I wonder if Universal will still commit to their "one attraction per year" promise. The lower lot soundstages are definitely on their way out. Maybe for 2018 we'll see yet another new Studio Tour animation? I wonder if the old Fast and Furious gasolina animation will remain dormant storage or if they'll demolish and replace it. I definitely think they'll be adding more to the Studio Tour.

I think Universal is in the process of completely rethinking all aspects of USH.

If Diagon were to be 2018, then construction would have to start extremely soon.  It may be safe to say that Diagon would be a Star Wars competition for 2019.  Nintendo will probably push to 2020+
I think it's safe to say at this point that as long as Mummy is standing, there will be no Diagon. I believe (just on a hunch) that Christmas 2016 will be the final holiday season for ROTM and it will close shortly after.

ET lasted 12 years, T23D lasted 13 years, and BTTF lasted 14 years. I think it's safe to say that it isn't too far fetched that Mummy might be on the chopping table considering how long USH attractions last.

Do we think we'll see movement as early as this month on the LL redesign/Secret Life of Pets? Or will they wait for Potter to officially open before they start any construction? 

Here's my project for today. I lazily tried to imagine what the studio tour would look like if it were to be relocated onto the lower lot and this is the basic concept I worked out. I think it should go where Stage 12 and the Henry Mancini bldgs currently are. It would include a large roundabout to justify the elevation change, and would probably need to cut into JP's extended queue in order to create a new Studio Tour Plaza that would include the basics, restrooms, gift shops, and ODV.

11t5u28.jpg

Reactions: ItsAtrap
I really doubt DA is going where the tram garage is. If it was, then what would be the point of the Hogwarts Express if we're supposedly getting it? I would, however, be in favor of relocating the tram plaza to that proposed location. It would open up a lot more expansion space for more rides.

Yea that was my thinking as well... why create a fancy new Studio Tour plaza entrance if you plan to relocate the Studio Tour to the Lower Lot? It'd make no sense. Besides, it is such a nice side view of Hogwarts & the closest thing we have to IOA's JP bridge photo-spot.

And considering a lot of you complain about the HR building & Shrek being visible from within Hogsmeade, would you really want to see FJ's big concrete box of doom looming over DA? I didn't think so. "IF" DA is happening, it will be somewhere on the Lower Lot where the Soundstages are. However, it still would not be logical or smart to add a new land that is made up of mostly shops/dining in a park with such limited space.

Tram and Garage Area would be big enough for Hogwarts Express...
I think the Tram Loading area is perfect for Hogwarts Express. You can remove the "Starway" feel of the escalators and cover it entirely in Potter theme. It would be gorgeous. I only hope they can find a way for the train to get down the hill. There has to be a way.

Reactions: BernardMesa
I think the Tram Loading area is perfect for Hogwarts Express. You can remove the "Starway" feel of the escalators and cover it entirely in Potter theme. It would be gorgeous. I only hope they can find a way for the train to get down the hill. There has to be a way.
In the end game, I see Hogwarts Express being definite. But, the real question of the day is where to put Hogsmeade station, and what exactly is the layout for the track.

In the situation of the experience though, I can easily see this version being the superior version; with few new extended scenes of London, the Hillside, and Hogwarts.