Lower Lot Redesign | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Please please PLEASE let this finally be a Horror themed non-projection based ride or major attraction!
Whatever it is, he replied to someone's tweet regarding it and said that it'll be open "sometime in the next year."

Maybe it's the HoH replacement?

Last edited by a moderator:
^You think Murdy would spend two years planning and going into several multi hour meetings to work on a small walk thru or an event venue?

Next year seems kinda soon unless they're serious about upping capacity.

From what I've seen, that seems to be the only thing (besides Potter) that would open in the next year.

If that ends up being the project he's referring to, it might be something more than we think (which could be why it's been kept under wraps). I remember seeing a post a while ago about a Walking Dead-themed shooting game (similar to Infected at Knotts or Biohazard at USJ). Maybe it's that (or something along those lines)? 

I know it seems unlikely, but I can't think of any other area in the park that would be opening an attraction of some sort in the next year. I also remember Murdy tweeting a while back (after HoH closed) about something cool replacing it that he couldn't talk about. I can't remember what he said specifically, though. 

Didn't they build Transformers in less than a year in Orlando? I know that was a copy of another ride but if it's not a very complicated ride I could see it being built in a year.

That's true, but I think that was just because it was an exact replica of another ride. It took 2 years to build the one here. 

The Jimmy Fallon ride in Orlando will also take 2 years to build, and that's just a Despicable Me or Simpsons type of simulator (as far as I know). If Murdy's saying that it'll be open within the next year, I feel as though it'll be something that's already under construction. 

Regardless of what/where it is, I'm excited to see what he's been working on!

Considering the Stage 28 spot is completely vacant and ready, I wonder how fast they could hypothetically build a ride there
A good question to wager is on if they've even setted the permit for this project and more importantly, due to the sq ft of 28s plot, will this have to go below ground-level much like Transformers? I'd have to assume even with possibly the two SSs behind Transformers, major changes will have to be made so it can work together (if its still going to be at that area aswell).

You guys think this could be potential tech for a Jurassic World Gyosphere ride? It's a pretty incredible ride system and will take trackless dark rides to the next level! 

http://www.dynamicattractions.com/adventures/track-free-rides/
Expect anything in JW only at Beijing and (doubtful) Orlando. Jurassic World is very much something that's beside the studio tour, very likely to not have a major presence in Hollywood.

Its a little unnerving to see TWD ride concept as an actual thing of reality... I remember when the rumor floating around for Orlando was that TWD would replace Twister in the form of a laser-shooting attraction similar to Universal Japan's Resident Evil attraction. Not sure if a Jimmy Fallon screen-based ride is something to be thankful for it NOT being TWD as the replacement.  :lol:

Honestly, "IF" this ride concept is purchased, I'm sure it will be Universal who goes for it. I'm still hoping that with the new movie having come out this year, Universal will pounce on Sally Corps "Goosebumps" based concepts they showed off at IAAPA the other year. Now THAT would excite me haha

As for the timeframe of Orlando's Transformers ride... keep in mind that they had to completely demolish SS44 first & dig the giant hole before going vertical. And it is literally in the middle of the park. The only reason it was able to open the following year was because they actually worked on it 24/7. They had staff on hand to direct guest traffic for when construction vehicles & whatnot had to go in/out of the area/backstage. I'm pretty sure there are restrictions against 24/7 construction here in California, otherwise a lot of the stuff being done with the park would have been done a long time ago. It really wasn't so much a "it was built in less than a year because its just a clone" as it was worked on day/night. As I said, I don't think we can have that type of construction here unfortunately..

So the Events of the two topics of interest last night, thanks to IU leaves me one question..what is the timeline for this? I would think that for the next three years, the Lower Lot is the focal point of attention but thinking about the lineup..

2017; TSLoP

2018; Diagon

2019; Nintendo?

To me, it just makes me wonder what is Universals plan for the next three years after Potter with all the rumors and whatnot.