Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

so... does anyone think this area is still for the secret of pets???  I honestly believe the whole thing got cancelled and we might be getting something we haven't mentioned.

I also don't think SLoP is going to happen. Maybe it is, but I seriously doubt it. If it is indeed dead, hopefully whatever replaces it will be just as good, if not better. 

So if they really want to bring Race Thru New York over here, (Again, IF they REALLY want it over here), I have an idea what they could do to apppease the, "this is a waste of space" and "no more simulators" crowd.

Have the tour relocated to the lower lot and put it behind Transformers (Where that cafeteria used to be). Instead of just an open tour center, have the tour and RTNY in the same building. Have the tour queue/NBC experience in the first floor and the mini shows and ride on the second floor. It would make sense considering Fallon is already on the tour. Plus, the ride would be treated more as a small bonus as an "eh, why not" since it would be built above the tour area; not to mention there is no queue for it.

If they did this, I wouldn't mind. This would be the only way they should do it IMO. What do you guys think? 

sounds like a great idea but man on man ..... a jimmy fallon attraction??? i personally don't want that here. the queue looks amazing tho! i could also imagine the crowd of people just packing that area like crazy during peak season. A way it could work is to add  a new building connecting to the Jimmy F. attraction and it can serve as a NBC hub/land?? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is worth noting but was on the studio tour today and when we were passing the recently demolished sound stages the tour guide flat out said that the area would be used for Nintedo.

There is a thought that I have, has anyone else been on the tram recently and heard about that? 

Not sure if this is worth noting but was on the studio tour today and when we were passing the recently demolished sound stages the tour guide flat out said that the area would be used for Nintedo.

The outlined area gives us about four and a half acres to work with.

Nland.png

Also consider that Nintendo will likely have a lot of verticality. The concept art of the Japan version makes me think that some structures will be built on top of the Mario Kart show building. I think putting Nintendo here is possible. Will Nintendo go here? I don't know. I'm not sure if the tram driver is guessing or actually knows something.

Last edited by a moderator:
The outlined area gives us about four and a half acres to work with.

Nland.png

Also consider that Nintendo will likely have a lot of verticality. The concept art of the Japan version makes me think that some structures will be built on top of the Mario Kart show building. I think putting Nintendo here is possible. Will Nintendo go here? I don't know. I'm not sure if the tram driver is guessing or actually knows something.

If you include the Deli, Panda, Character Shop, and restrooms; along with that, it would give 5.5 overall.

My last Studio Tour guide simply said the space would be used for future expansion. No mention of Nintendo. As great as it'd be, I'm not sure if we can always rely on tram guides for theme park updates.

That is why I am merely asking; if other tour guides have said that in the past few day's. I wouldn't trust them by how far I could throw them, but if it's multiple individuals all saying it; then there is potentially come more truth to it.

Since the "New York" rumors are rampant for the left side of the lower lot, I decided to do a bit of armchair universal creativing (???). This is basically what i'd like to see done with the lower lot if they decided to do New York. Obviously Nintendo will be to the right.

View attachment 4742

Wondering out of curiosity, if a parade did happen..where would it's storage be?

It seems that with a NYstreet very likely, I could actually see something like this as the most likely scenario for the time being, as I have heard of Fallon making it's way.

Wondering out of curiosity, if a parade did happen..where would it's storage be?

It seems that with a NYstreet very likely, I could actually see something like this as the most likely scenario for the time being, as I have heard of Fallon making it's way.

I don't want to sound cocky about my design, but i see it as being a best case scenario. I don't see how they could utilize the space any better. I'd like to see them convert SS27 to a large tram garage, I suppose you could put floats in there, or possibly in SS 10 (the smallest soundstage just next to JP).

So is Diagon Alley seemingly scrapped at this point?

For lower lot, yes. I believe it was planned to go where Nintendo is now going. The last big expansion plot is the tram area, or hope for a 2nd park.

So is Diagon Alley seemingly scrapped at this point?
That will most likely be saved for the second gate.
Since the "New York" rumors are rampant for the left side of the lower lot, I decided to do a bit of armchair universal creativing (???). This is basically what i'd like to see done with the lower lot if they decided to do New York. Obviously Nintendo will be to the right.

View attachment 4742
Most of this is in line with what I've heard, actually.

All I can say is that this redesign is going to be as exciting and new as what happened to the Upper Lot. :shades:

Last edited:
That will most likely be saved for the second gate.

Most of this is in line with what I've heard, actually.

All I can say is that this redesign is going to be as exciting and new as what happened to the Upper Lot. :shades:

You had my curiosity at first, but when you edited now you have my attention. :tongue: