Lower Lot Redesign | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Since they have said they plan on building a total of 10 new soundstages, I'm expecting the ones currently behind the giant plot of dirt that currently house "Superstore" to get the axe at some point too. As much as I hate the idea of PETS & even more so, Fallon, I'm curious as to what would end up in the SS plot behind them...

While this is great and all.. even with Nintendo Land (opening in the year 2075... if anyone still gives a- :censored::whistle: ), the Lower Lot really needs MORE dining options... and to actually have them OPEN! :saw: Yea I'm looking at you Studio Cafe & other Upper Lot locations. Not too mention, variety variety variety.
:horse:

Losing Mummy for Nintendo will be terrible unless they plan on giving us a new coaster & soon, NOT 10 years from now... Even though the new Mummy movie wasn't exactly perfect (or scary), I still want a Monster-verse Land. As well as more JP dino action.

Since they have said they plan on building a total of 10 new soundstages, I'm expecting the ones currently behind the giant plot of dirt that currently house "Superstore" to get the axe at some point too. As much as I hate the idea of PETS & even more so, Fallon, I'm curious as to what would end up in the SS plot behind them...

While this is great and all.. even with Nintendo Land (opening in the year 2075... if anyone still gives a- :censored::whistle: ), the Lower Lot really needs MORE dining options... and to actually have them OPEN! :saw: Yea I'm looking at you Studio Cafe & other Upper Lot locations. Not too mention, variety variety variety.
:horse:

Losing Mummy for Nintendo will be terrible unless they plan on giving us a new coaster & soon, NOT 10 years from now... Even though the new Mummy movie wasn't exactly perfect (or scary), I still want a Monster-verse Land. As well as more JP dino action.

I really hope they do a flip on the Osaka where instead of Yoshi, it's the Donkey Kong Country area that is seeming to be included with the Orlando version.

I still would love a Classic Monsters land with a Haunted Mansion-esque dark ride version of the House of Horrors..

I remember years ago there was a rumor going around that a classic monsters attraction was on the works! I never believed it, but it would be cool we got a Classic Monsters dark ride coaster!

Well, it’s 2018. So when are we gonna see that Construction for Pets and Nintendo? We better see progress on Pets soon since that’s supposedly for next year, right?

Well, it’s 2018. So when are we gonna see that Construction for Pets and Nintendo? We better see progress on Pets soon since that’s supposedly for next year, right?

With the opening of Soundstages on Park Lake, I am thinking we'll start to see more movement finally come into place for the destruction of Soundstage 29 and also possibly some of the soundstages on the area of SNW.

I think this year will be like last year, slow; for the most part.

I can see the 22-25/28 plots get some work done however, as that could make sense.

With the opening of Soundstages on Park Lake, I am thinking we'll start to see more movement finally come into place for the destruction of Soundstage 29 and also possibly some of the soundstages on the area of SNW.

I think this year will be like last year, slow; for the most part.

I can see the 22-25/28 plots get some work done however, as that could make sense.
Don’t have any Inside info, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the year the Mummy meets its reckoning,

Don’t have any Inside info, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the year the Mummy meets its reckoning,

If I were USH, I'd wait until Pets or whatever else opened before removing RotM. The temporary loss of Shrek is negligible (both in duration and severity), but RotM is one of the few big thrill rides in the park, not to mention the only fully-fledged roller-coaster in a park already so dominated by screen-based rides. And if RotM really is being removed for SNW, it could be years before something re-opens in that space (It took almost 2.5 years for WWoHP to be guest-ready after the demolition of the Gibson Amphitheatre) as the replacement ride wouldn't be able to open until the entirety of SNW opened. I think guests, both new and returning, would feel its loss if there wasn't something new to mitigate its closure.

Reactions: JaySalahi
If I were USH, I'd wait until Pets or whatever else opened before removing RotM. The temporary loss of Shrek is negligible (both in duration and severity), but RotM is one of the few big thrill rides in the park, not to mention the only fully-fledged roller-coaster in a park already so dominated by screen-based rides. And if RotM really is being removed for SNW, it could be years before something re-opens in that space (It took almost 2.5 years for WWoHP to be guest-ready after the demolition of the Gibson Amphitheatre) as the replacement ride wouldn't be able to open until the entirety of SNW opened. I think guests, both new and returning, would feel its loss if there wasn't something new to mitigate its closure.

To say this, removing Mummy will have just as big of a loss as how Orlando must've dealt with when Jaws/Amity closed. It's going to open a can of worms regardless of when it happens, and that if they want to open it possibly by 2021 (As Orlando seems to be having that now be the timeframe for theirs), then I would assume Mummy is going to be gone by the end of the year. Perhaps even sooner, by the time of Labor Day weekend or sometime before even that.

Edit: We also have to take in advantage how fast the additional soundstages will be included, and that they may also add the LA Olympics soundstages early to make it easier for the studio to cope with the loss of the cluster of soundstages. It's a guess, but it would make sense for Universal in the long-haul to get them ready early on for stuff before the Olympics even begin.

At the end, considering with the soundstages built next to the Metro Sets, Universal Hollywood will be replacing 16 of it's soundstages with 14 by 2018.

We'd be losing two soundstages, for larger soundstages for productions. And that they should be able to get off that blow with hopeful ease if they pace the construction of the remaining soundstages to begin shortly before, or right after the completion of Soundstages 24-27.

Last edited:
To say this, removing Mummy will have just as big of a loss as how Orlando must've dealt with when Jaws/Amity closed. It's going to open a can of worms regardless of when it happens, and that if they want to open it possibly by 2021 (As Orlando seems to be having that now be the timeframe for theirs), then I would assume Mummy is going to be gone by the end of the year. Perhaps even sooner, by the time of Labor Day weekend or sometime before even that.

Edit: We also have to take in advantage how fast the additional soundstages will be included, and that they may also add the LA Olympics soundstages early to make it easier for the studio to cope with the loss of the cluster of soundstages. It's a guess, but it would make sense for Universal in the long-haul to get them ready early on for stuff before the Olympics even begin.

At the end, considering with the soundstages built next to the Metro Sets, Universal Hollywood will be replacing 16 of it's soundstages with 14 by 2018.

We'd be losing two soundstages, for larger soundstages for productions. And that they should be able to get off that blow with hopeful ease if they pace the construction of the remaining soundstages to begin shortly before, or right after the completion of Soundstages 24-27.

I don't think anyone here in California cares about the loss of ROTM anyways and it's not comparable anyways. Jaws is the most iconic boat ride in the history of Universal Studios Florida and is one of the original rides in the park. Jaws is the most iconic movie that changed American summer blockbuster movies forever and it still rocks with the animatronic shark rocking the boat and terrorizing the riders. The Mummy in Los Angeles is also practical, but it's a slashed poor-man's version of its Orlando counterparts. I don't think anyone's gonna miss the Hollywood version.

I don't think anyone here in California cares about the loss of ROTM anyways and it's not comparable anyways. Jaws is the most iconic boat ride in the history of Universal Studios Florida and is one of the original rides in the park. Jaws is the most iconic movie that changed American summer blockbuster movies forever and it still rocks with the animatronic shark rocking the boat and terrorizing the riders. The Mummy in Los Angeles is also practical, but it's a slashed poor-man's version of its Orlando counterparts. I don't think anyone's gonna miss the Hollywood version.

I'm not talking of it's effect on the community. I'm talking about the effect that it will have on Operations.

Until presumably DK in SNW opens (if we receive it), the park would be only down to one coaster. And that it would mark the only park in UPR to not have a sort of thrilling coaster above Hippogriff.

Not to mention, like when Amity/Jaws closed, I would have to assume that the park will take a capacity hit until Pets and/or another attraction opens up.

Mummy's closure is going to bring cans of worms in operational manners regardless on when it bites the dust, for multiple reasons.

Edit: When you also take to consideration that DL has two thrilling coasters, DCA with 1, Knott's with 9 (I may be wrong), Six Flags with 19, and even SWSD when you consider Electric Eel, Manta and JtA, I would think Universal would want to get something to attract that kind of crowd. DK, is something I don't see doing that, regardless of it's innovative ride system.

And as far as UPR goes in that..

USF: Rip Ride Rockit & Mummy
IOA: Hulk and Upcoming Potter family thrill coaster
USJ: Hollywood Dream & The Flying Dinosaur
USS: Battlestar Galactica (Two coaster types in one), Mummy

Beijing seems to be something that I can't pinpoint on however.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, Screamscape has heard via their sources that Pets has now been taken out of the current LL redesign plans, and that they heard of Pets still existing, but now on the upper lot.

For what it's worth, Screamscape has heard via their sources that Pets has now been taken out of the current LL redesign plans, and that they heard of Pets still existing, but now on the upper lot.
Interesting. I’m gonna put my money on Animal Actors being replaced. I think they want to save SES to use for shows and for HHN. Tram loading they probably want to save for Potter.

Whoa I just realized if Pets is going upstairs, we probably have been spared from Fallon. With all of these celebrity scandals coming out, they probably figured it’s too risky.

Interesting. I’m gonna put my money on Animal Actors being replaced. I think they want to save SES to use for shows and for HHN. Tram loading they probably want to save for Potter.

Whoa I just realized if Pets is going upstairs, we probably have been spared from Fallon. With all of these celebrity scandals coming out, they probably figured it’s too risky.

It makes me curious, because there is a lot of potential for Universal to use 22-25/28-29/Panda for something unique.

Unless they've decided to put Nintendo there and let Mummy live.

Going to be real, I doubt they would move SNW to a portion of land that would be less than having it at Mummy and those clusters of Soundstages for square space.

With how SLoP seems still possible for Hollywood, and DW getting a flex theater space, I would be curious of if they would want to do something possibly based off of Seuss.

If SLOP is no longer going in that spot I am VERY curious to see what they thought of instead. Would Diagon be back on the table for going there now? Or are they for sure wanting to put it right next to Hogsmeade?