Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Mario Kart: Bowser's Challenge - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How else do we gauge what is successful then?

Reviews positive, people are willing to wait in line for it, people are willing extra to get into the land to ride said ride, brings in more guests then any other attraction before it, more merch is being sold because said attraction is made.

That's just my point, I think if the land was empty I'd say ride failed at being an Anchor but it has changed the entire wait times and crowds level for the park.

Dude, it's his opinion. He's entitled to it. You can pretty objectively say that Mario Kart is being positioned as the headliner of the land - no one is arguing that. He (and others) have argued that it does not live up to the expectations that inevitably come with that designation.

I'll check out the app this weekend but most the times it's 90 mins on weekends (besides HHN times because its very limited who can enter the land)

I'm just saying the ride is at the two parks that had the most growth for Universal and it's for sure the ride that is drawing in more people then ever to USH...so just don't get how you could label it not "standalone headliner"
Do you have stats on “the most growth”?

To be as clear as possible: I'm saying the land needs more rides.
maxresdefault.jpg

Local contract ruins everything

Bring the DK coaster over here you cowards.
Rumors before the land opened is that is was coming then after nope not any more

I hope they do add the ride, I think it's perfect for what everyone wants. It's a coaster for everyone, with a unique Gimmick and is very themed.

It would be a huge win for the park and also I think be a way to sunset Mummy one day

Although they were never officially confirmed, it’s crazy how both DK and Diagon Alley were cancelled for this park. They need the extra capacity on the lower lot!
Capacity might be part of the reason those rides aren't coming actually.

EDIT: To be more clear, they might be able to get more capacity out of a space with different rides.

Capacity might be part of the reason those rides aren't coming actually.

EDIT: To be more clear, they might be able to get more capacity out of a space with different rides.
I mean......cool they finally care about that but strange they care about Capacity per space when they made SNW about the same size as Japan with less to do and one less ride.

I mean......cool they finally care about that but strange they care about Capacity per space when they made SNW about the same size as Japan with less to do and one less ride.
I mean… you gotta look at this from a business standpoint.

MK & SNW was designed in a certain way for USJ & USF. It would be faster, easier and a guaranteed hit if USH could port that design over with some minor tweaks to fit the location, without having to sacrifice a full experience.

If they had to come up with a new design for USH from scratch, it would’ve been incredibly expensive and time consuming and the land probably wouldn’t have opened for another few years.

Now, on the topic of DK: that addition wouldn’t be in the best interest of the park right now. That’s why we’ve seen additions like SLOP and F&F coaster. They’re designed specifically to fit within the infrastructure and layout of USH, to add capacity where it is needed.

Now that SNW & HP are in the park and a huge draw, I think we’ll see a lot more Hollywood exclusives (or attractions designed specifically for the park) that cater to its needs.

Why build DKC with one or two attractions when you can fit something with four in the same place? Those are the decisions the park will now be making.

I'm going to say it for the 20th time, Mario Kart was the wrong E-ticket idea.
I hope they update the AR tech down-the-line as I see that tech getting outdated fast.

I really wish I could've been a fly on the wall during the pitch meeting, buzz over to Miyamoto, and whisper into ear: "The whole land is already interactive. Let the ride simply be an enjoyable ride."

Anyway, my new high score is 250 but I forgot my band on the last visit. :^(

Last edited:
I agree, Mario Kart would also really benefit from an expanded field of view. Would only require replacing the visors connected to the cars and not the hat.

Reactions: Pacific
First time riding MK last week and I have to say I really didn't like it, it's just not for me where as I think I'd love DKC (and the land was a dissapointment in an execution sense, I doubt I would say the same about Orlando or Japan)

On the plus side I'm 100% happy that it's driving attendance and will help drive park expansion, plus it will keep people occupied while I'm doing all the other attractions :)

I'm going to say it for the 20th time, Mario Kart was the wrong E-ticket idea.
I hope they update the AR tech down-the-line as I see that tech getting outdated fast.

I really wish I could've been a fly on the wall during the pitch meeting, buzz over to Miyamoto, and whisper into ear: "The whole land is already interactive. Let the ride simply be an enjoyable ride."

Anyway, my new high score is 250 but I forgot my band on the last visit. :^(

I think a plain ol' Super Mario World ride would've been way better.

From what I can tell no one seems to *love* the ride--it almost seems like the main attraction in the land is the interactive walkthrough. But it seems to have worked for them, and once DK opens (they are planning it for Hollywood right?) they'll be all set.

Last edited:
I actually consider myself one that loves the ride, so...now I'm wondering if I'm like the only one here that does for that matter.
I personally really enjoyed it. The Mario IP is a major one, so I appreciate that they experimented with ride concept that has never been done before. The physical sets are very well done, and of all the shooter attractions out there, I feel like this one has the best gameplay. Given how popular Toy Story Mania still is with the general public, I feel like this ride will be a fan-favorite for many years to come.