Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MAXPass

Starbucks line can be long, but since you're one of the first people in the park and sometimes even have early park access, it makes it manageable.

Agreed that Hawaii is beautiful beyond belief in many cases. There's a lot of places in Europe and Asia I want to travel to as well. Hopefully I get there over time.

And yes, that's really the only reason we're staying at Paradise Pier... even though it's not a DVC, it was the same booking process due to lack of DVC rooms in Cali so didn't cost us extra. We bought before we actually moved to FL (when the price was actually reasonable still) so originally the purpose of DVC for us was much different, in recent years we've been using it more to go on DCL or come out here to Hawaii.

That's awesome. I won't waste your time with any more questions and let you get back to enjoying your vacations. I'll look out for any trip report and your opinion on GOTG.

Enjoy! :cheers::thumbsup:

That's awesome. I won't waste your time with any more questions and let you get back to enjoying your vacations. I'll look out for any trip report and your opinion on GOTG.

Enjoy! :cheers::thumbsup:
Thanks!

I'll do a trip report in the dedicated section once I get back definitely!

Now back to MAXPass :lol:

Right now it appears they're having long FP line backups with the new fastpass system that hooks in with the entry pass rather than the paper tickets. So they might be waiting till they get that fixed (Source: Article on Mice Age this week)
I was there on 27th/28th June, it was a little queued when queuing to ride, but on the whole it was smooth. They had extra staff a FP lines.

The beauty of FP there is that so many people are holding FPs for GOTF and RSR, they can't get another one, which means we were often nabbing a FP and the time slot opened 2 or 3 mins after. Jumping a 30-60 min wait in a couple of mins!

No one seemed to know anything on MAXpass.

So I have a question for MAXPass, is it $10 per ticket holder, or $10 per party?

I hope this idea is successful, it's really a bargain and seems really efficient. I just hope it doesn't limit the amount of regular FastPass users throughout the day.

So I have a question for MAXPass, is it $10 per ticket holder, or $10 per party?

I hope this idea is successful, it's really a bargain and seems really efficient. I just hope it doesn't limit the amount of regular FastPass users throughout the day.

I think it's per ticket.

I was considering buying the PhotoPass for 78 bucks for the week but seeing as I only plan on going twice and it's just me and my wife, I've just saved $38. Everything else is a bonus.

So.. notes on this.

It's essentially the MM+ as an upcharge. Once you use it in the DL app you'll recognize it as Fastpass+ from WDW.

Touchpoints at rides will not have a mickey head but rather a barcode reader mounted on it. They will turn green or blue just like FP+ touch points.

You can't make FP reservations for anyone who hasn't entered the park yet that day. APs have a $75 option to add it to their pass.

It doesn't need the barcode the phone can generate to be redeemed - just the ticket. The touchpoint can scan the ticket. Everyone should be able to see their FP choices - even if pulled the old way from kiosks - via the DL app. Also FP availability should be visible to everyone.

Last edited:
I've been using the system (not MAXPass, but the new infrastructure) the past few days and I like the way they do it here a lot more than WDW.

It's essentially a mix of MM+ and legacy FP. Just in the past two days, I've picked 17 fast pass "reminders"... I could never dream of doing that at WDW anymore.

I've been using the system (not MAXPass, but the new infrastructure) the past few days and I like the way they do it here a lot more than WDW.

It's essentially a mix of MM+ and legacy FP. Just in the past two days, I've picked 17 fast pass "reminders"... I could never dream of doing that at WDW anymore.

Keep in mind that's with a preview rollout. I can't see DLR AP's not using the system to their full advantage.

MaxPass seems to be having a successful rollout so far! IMO, it seems like a great deal. You're able to book another FastPass as soon as you redeem the one you have, or until the allotted time you're given to get another one has passed. Can't wait to try it!
Touchpoints at rides will not have a mickey head but rather a barcode reader mounted on it. They will turn green or blue just like FP+ touch points.
However, the new FastPass redemption points do seem to already have RFID touchpoint installed. Maybe one day you'll be able to link and tap a Magic Band instead of using a barcode on your phone/ticket.
DCxv50aUQAAbiBc.jpg

(Picture from @GuySelga on Twitter)

Not sure why they wouldn't adopt the same MagicBand technology. DL's rabid fanbase seems like a no-brainer to capitalize on MagicBand and accessory sales.

I'd love to see Magic Bands introduced. Looking at the PhotoPass and the idea of having to connect your phone for every photo compared to just taping your wrist sounds like hard work now.

I'd love to see Magic Bands introduced. Looking at the PhotoPass and the idea of having to connect your phone for every photo compared to just taping your wrist sounds like hard work now.
I enjoyed the way they are doing it during my trip last week.

However, I agree that I wish MagicBands were at least optional. The spontaneity of the old FP system is still there, but the convenience factor is still missing.

With the original FP system still in place, I'm struggling as to why I would pay $10/person since I got 8-9 FP/day and could've had more, we just ran out of things to FP.

With the original FP system still in place, I'm struggling as to why I would pay $10/person since I got 8-9 FP/day and could've had more, we just ran out of things to FP.
I was thinking the same thing at first, but $10 isn't very steep for saving my feet from having to walk over to the other side of the park to grab a FastPass. Worth it.

I was thinking the same thing at first, but $10 isn't very steep for saving my feet from having to walk over to the other side of the park to grab a FastPass. Worth it.
For a family of 4 or 5, you're looking at $40-$50 just for the privilege of booking fastpasses in advance though, a service that is free with your park ticket or hotel stay at WDW.