Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MIB: Alien Attack Revamp?

Did they? Memory may be playing tricks and it could be all one big screen now... but it definitely wasn't in HD, which is especially noticeable at that scale.
The queue TVs look fine, but the press room not so much...I'm a sucker for the 90's animation look to everything but the projection is just eck

The pre-load safety video is the funniest in Orlando and I would be torn to see it go

Did they? Memory may be playing tricks and it could be all one big screen now... but it definitely wasn't in HD, which is especially noticeable at that scale.
They did update it. It's a single screen now, but its a bit too short. You can see the flat edge on the top and bottom. It looks like they attempted to increase the quality of the film as well, but there's only so much you can do without reshooting some of it.

Here's a video with the new screen:

They did update it. It's a single screen now, but its a bit too short. You can see the flat edge on the top and bottom. It looks like they attempted to increase the quality of the film as well, but there's only so much you can do without reshooting some of it.

Here's a video with the new screen:

When did they put glass instead of chain link over the guns in the training room?

It would make far more sense to put a proper Ghostbusters ride in NY, then when the time comes to expand USF, ditch MIB for something new. Of course I would still love for MIB to stick around as long as possible.

MIB already takes place in NY. Studios throws thematic consistency to the wind.

Unless they'd want to base it off the new series (knowing Uni's track record, this seems very possible), which doesn't even take place in NY.

Unless they'd want to base it off the new series (knowing Uni's track record, this seems very possible), which doesn't even take place in NY.
Well....when people think Ghostbusters, they're going to instantly associate that IP with NY. If they build a GB everyone is going to expect it to be set in NY.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Spiderman at IoA never existed and the MCU Spiderman franchise hasn't gotten past Far From Home. If UO was heavily rumored to build a Spiderman ride, would it make any sense to have a Spiderman ride set in Europe? Everyone is going to expect it to be NY.

Yeah, I know we have WEB at DCA and that's where the illustration would fall apart, but you see what I'm saying. I can't imagine a proper GB E-ticket without it being set in its home city.

Well....when people think Ghostbusters, they're going to instantly associate that IP with NY. If they build a GB everyone is going to expect it to be set in NY.

Let's say for the sake of argument that Spiderman at IoA never existed and the MCU Spiderman franchise hasn't gotten past Far From Home. If UO was heavily rumored to build a Spiderman ride, would it make any sense to have a Spiderman ride set in Europe? Everyone is going to expect it to be NY.

Yeah, I know we have WEB at DCA and that's where the illustration would fall apart, but you see what I'm saying. I can't imagine a proper GB E-ticket without it being set in its home city.

Take that up with Jason Reitman, I guess. I would *prefer* the original but lets be real, the parks have fully shown they're willing to forego what people love most about a property for what's NEW!

Technically MIB frames up perfectly with the main NY street in Studios so really, even though you pass through other lands, it's really just the set at the end of the NY street