MIB Rumor | Inside Universal Forums

MIB Rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Andy

aka Hatetofly
Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2010
A little birdie has told me that we should expect to see MiB receive a refurb in the coming months. The idea is to address some mechanical issues as well as some effects. Don't expect any new scenes but do expect MiB to be cleaned up and prepared for some attention this Summer. Given the fact that Jaws is gone and the new movie is due out this Summer there expecting large crowds at MiB head quarters.

Again this is a rumor and nothing is guaranteed. The birdie also did not mention if it will be done over the course of several weeks after hours or if the ride will go down. Again though with Jaws gone I can't imagine another major attraction going down. I will say though I personally would love to see this since the attraction itself has been neglected for a long time.

THOUGHTs!

I don't remember this ride ever going down for refurb. Has it? :lol: But it's good that it does get some attention before the sequel and summer crowds.

Yea, I guess MIB could use a refurb. I never really thought about this ride. I guess getting some of those effects to work even better than they already do will be great! :)

Much needed - many of the more articulated figures have lost much of their animation (I'm looking at you, green armored alien next to Times Square on the left) and could use a tune-up. It'd be nice if we got some new aliens at some point, but I'd settle for a good clean-up.

For what its worth out of all the shooting attractions I have ever been on, MiB is still has the best and most reliable guns anywhere.

For what its worth out of all the shooting attractions I have ever been on, MiB is still has the best and most reliable guns anywhere.

Accuracy wise it's not even close. But I've gotten many guns with broken effects. They still work, but either the noises or notifications on the back don't register.

Perhaps the sound that plays when you trigger the gun could not be so.......Chuck E. Cheese worthy. And a few things to spruce up the queue would be nice!

Agreed, they are dropped, kicked, thrown, etc etc for 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for nearly 12 years. A good shooter in MiB should be able to adjust to there gun by the time they reach the hanging alien in the training session.

For the first time the other day I had a gun that I couldn't hit ANYTHING with. Literally, the gun made sounds but did not work. My next ride that day the red button was jammed so I couldn't get any bonus. It for sure needs a refurb...

Mercy, the guns should be swapped out overnight with refurbed guns if there is an issue. The whole ride doesn't need to go down because of something like that. A true shutdown refurb should be to dust and repaint the ride, fix major characters and other mechanical thingys. Perhaps overnight refurbs are reserved for things that could kill you... like the wheels on a roller coaster.

^ This is kind of why I was torn to report this rumored refurb. I can't see them closing MiB since Jaws is closed but thats kind of what needs to be done to do a proper refurb. Well regardless of anything it will be nice to see the attraction get some love.

They don't even have to close it. They can just keep only one side open while they refurb the other.

They don't even have to close it. They can just keep only one side open while they refurb the other.

Well a 2-4 week closure seems logical to give some TLC to the show scenes, while maybe working on one side to minimize downtime to work on the ride vehicles.

I hope so, would be great to see it get some love. I'm guessing they'll do some work on the exterior too, it could definitely use freshening up from what I've seen.