MIB Rumor | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

MIB Rumor

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But who knows maybe they will spiff things up... I would not be opposed. Just don't expect the ride to change in any fashion.

Yeah never understood where the whole ride changing thing or new scenes came into play as all I heard was refurbishing and fixing broken effects.

General refurb is still coming from what I hear, but MIB3 was a dud sooo yeah

MIB3 was a dud? It's one of the top ten grossing films of the year (third worldwide, if I remember correctly before the holiday season started). There's still hope for the franchise, and thus I assume for the ride.

I really enjoyed the 3rd

So did I, and apparently lots of other people..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_in_film

Tenth highest grossing film of 2012. That's after a powerhouse year for films including The Hobbit, Skyfall, the final installments of current and successful franchises such as Twilight and Ice Age, and most of all, the mother of all superhero films, The Avengers. Considering the competition, I'd say a third film in a franchise that's 22 years old with a 10 year gap since the last film is definitely not a dud if it made that much money. Didn't do too badly with critics either!

I don't see what the 3rd could do for the ride? It doesn't really feature any more "bad guy" aliens. Boris, the giant fish,a nd the diner guys IIRC. But how is that incorporated into the ride? Better yet how is time travel involved? I'd be happy if they spruced this up, but don't really want to see the movie affect this. But I also enjoyed the 3rd.

I think it would just provide more attention to the ride itself which would almost force if not allow Universal to pour some money into an overall upgrade of the ride. The final scene with the alien is just......bad.

I think it would just provide more attention to the ride itself which would almost force if not allow Universal to pour some money into an overall upgrade of the ride. The final scene with the alien is just......bad.

Exactly--with a successful recent film and a fourth on the way, any improvements to the attraction are justified. They can go add the most random, nonsensical elements that have nothing to do with the movies and still attribute this to the third film...basically any refurbishing they do to the ride can now be marketed, and it's been proven that MiB is still popular and new additions or even refurbishments or minor improvements to the ride will drive interest.

It certainly would drive my interest. I love the ride and make an effort to ride every time regardless the wait. But the queue needs a change in terms of videos etc..and even the storyline can be changed a little bit. Add new effects, maybe some flames re-ignite the fog effect inside the aliens mouth while spinning. Youre supposed to be given the illusion youre being eaten but you can see the other cars spinning, and then when you get burped out all of a sudden its over?

Lazy. They can do better

I'm looking for K, have you seen him. Sort of a surly older gentleman. He smiles like this.

original.jpg

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 3
Not to mention that the ride breaks down everytime Im there...for long periods of time. I say when TF opens, start showing this thing some love. Because a year after that MIB is going to get some serious attention with Potter next door AND Springfield.

Far from a dud. MIB4 has been confirmed due to success of MIB3. The film wasn't so popular in the US though. Elsewhere in the world it was successful. For many years people have only used how well a movie does in the US to determine success, this has been true for almost the entire time films have been shown as much of the income was made in the US, but it has turned around in the last couple of years as other countries have started to watch movies more often, as well as the US suffering from major money issues.

In the US it made $179 020 854 Every where else is made $445 005 922

It ranks as the 68th highest grossing Film Worldwide but only the 148th in the US.

Where people say it fails they only look at the US figures which many sites either only show or have them in large bold numbers while the international ones are hidden.

As long as there isn't an animatronic Jack Sparrow in MIB...I'm fine with a refurb :lol: I wish they'd make the guns more accurate,reinstate the point values and fix ALL the red buttons on ALL the cars. :thumbs:

I also enjoyed MiB 3, and it was one of the few films I saw in theaters last year, but I don't think there's anything from the third film specifically that could be added to the existing ride. Also, they can't pull a Spider-Man here, where they can advertise upgrades and a re-opening of the ride. There's not much they can do to the ride, unless they completely overhaul it.

I do hope they refurb and polish all the ride's elements, and I know they eventually will, but obviously it's not a priority. This ride isn't the most needy of Uni TLC, plus they got a lot going on with TF:3D, Springfield, London, and all the rumored projects that may be coming.

Might be in the minority here but I think just a little sprucing up is all MIB needs. I don't think any kind of movie tie-in with MIB3 or 4 is necessary, unless they really want to push synergy.